“No air conditioning, small beds, bad service.”

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Milwaukee
“No air conditioning, small beds, bad service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our air conditioning did not work and when we told the two people at the front desk the said, "Oh, really?" And did not even bother to write down our room number. They were completely uninterested in helping. The pool was fun for the kids but there were no towels and the got tub was out of service. Double beds, not queens made it tight with two adults and two teens.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hoffamily
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Hoffamily,
I thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us in Toledo and sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied. It is not common for us to respond to your concerns they way that happened. As a staff, we all pride ourselves on our customer service and especially focusing on our guests needs first and foremost so again I apologize that this did not happen for your and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the staff appropriately. I have spoken with our Engineering department and they have addressed the issue with your air conditioner in the guest room you stayed in so it won't be a problem for future guests. We are in process of currently replacing the hot tub heater and this will be completed in the next couple of days. I agree with you with the beds and we will be replacing all of the bed sets in our two-bedded rooms with queen size in the rooms during our renovation this year.
Again I thank you for your comments and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again during your next visit to the area to show you are true and proper Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo service!
David.Conley@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at most of the hotels in and around Toledo as I work in one of the hospitals one week out of five and live in Detroit. In some neither my pager nor my AT&T iPhone would work. Some are just too expensive. Many are noisy and in poor repair. This hotel is clean and convenient. Panera is very nearby AND they have a bars and restaurant and room service (although the wine selection varies with the bartender). Phones and pagers work. Internet is free and works.

This my choice now for the last year, and I see no reason to change.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael K
Thank you very much for your comments Michael K, they truly are appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to having you back with us on one of your next visits to Toledo from Detroit. I thank you for your comments regarding our wine selection depending on the bartender as I will be addressing this with our Food & Beverage Director and Restaurant Manager as we always want to be consistent in our service and expectations of our guests.
With Hospitality,
David.Conley@radisson.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

They have a special rate if you are associated with a patient at the hospital. ($79/ night) Very close. Convenient. Big pool and hot tub. Normal rooms. Does not include breakfast. (Go to nearby Garden City Cafe for a great hearty cheap breakfast)

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you very much CatherineL_A2 for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo. We continue to offer a special discounted rate for patients and families that are visiting the University of Toledo Medical Center formerly the Med College of Ohio. In addition, we do offer breakfast with our Bed & Breakfast Packages for 2 or 4 people that our guests can reserve. Also, we have recently revised all of our restaurant menu's including breakfast which now includes several Healthy Options for our guests to select from at a reasonable cost.
Again I truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to you next visit with us at the Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo.
With Hospitality,
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Good location to restaurants. Hotel was very nice, clean rooms, pool area was big and it has a nice gym with several pieces of equipment. The employees are very friendly and the bar was great. If I had any negatives it would be the bathroom was small and the little coffee maker only worked on 1 side......but in the scheme of things no big deal:)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen J
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

in town for a meeting. ended up staying at this facility. really nice facility. a bit older but is in good shape. check-in was pretty quick. room was nice - decent size, clean and comfortable. there was a mini-fridge in the room that emitted a low buzzing sound. i unplugged it and had no issues. breakfast meeting in restaurant went well. served quickly and food was quite good

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Guest name: Yixin Zhu Room number:231
I checked out at 12-7 I found an expense in my receipt which showed 99.26$ in the hotel lounge.
I questioned this expense to the receptionist, she told me the financial Dept did work on Saturday and asked me call back on Monday.
Monday when I called in the receptionist told me Laura who is responsible to deal this issue was out of duty.
Tuesday morning I called back again, Laura still did get back to work. I had to catch a plane at 10:00Am. So I left my cell number again.
So far I can not reach Laura and nobody called me from the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank yi xin Z
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here just before Thanksgiving and it was pretty empty. That meant we had the pool to ourselves. The pool is pretty big and so woul dbe good even if the hotel was busier. They coul dhave heated the buildong more, but the water was nice and warm. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family