Radisson at The University of Toledo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmedical centermedical schoolhealth sciencespool and hot tubrestaurant barfront desk staffrooms are cleanbusiness tripeasy accessking bedstaff was friendlyparking lotuniversitynormanglendalekaimart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean. The staff was friendly. Appreciate the mock guest shop for incidentals. Tub doesn't drain properly when taking a shower. Room didn't come with both microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear SatisfactionReuired,
Thank you for your review of the stay at our property. We appreciate your business. Please contact me at David.Conley@radisson.com so that I can make sure engineering addresses the tub drain and why there was not both the refrigerator and microwave as those are supposed to be in each room.
Thank you again for your kind comments regarding the clean hotel and rooms along with friendly staff.
We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Toledo!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed one night while passing through Ohio. Bit tough to find, but once we did we were pleasantly surprised. Hotel is tucked away on the college campus. Very nice - really nothing to complain about. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy. No surprises.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear adeluciajr,
Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased during your visit to the Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are passing through Ohio.
Again thank you for staying with us and for your business.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Dirty and outdated. Someone's leftovers were in our room fridge. No complimentary coffee and breakfast not included in room rate. Only one elevator works so prepare to wait if you have members of your party that cannot take stairs. Hot tub broke. No easy access to free WiFi. Room TV was on its last leg. Motorcycle group staying at hotel used the parking lot at 2am for an exhibition which meant broken/no sleep. Bathroom very cramped. Outside appearance is just dated and dirty looking.
We travel and stay in hotels all over fairly often and I have to say that this was our first experience with a Radisson and will most likely be our last. Not sure if this is a management issue, a location issue, or just a combination of those and other issues.
Definitely not a good value for your money.

Room Tip: My tip would be to skip this hotel and find a nicer one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mauibabies1
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mauibabies1,
I deeply apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at our hotel, I can assure you that this is not a common occurrence at our location. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our cleanliness and service are usually top notch for our guests and I have addressed your comments with the respective department heads as I and the staff expect better than this. It is unfortunate that with mechanicals no matter how much preventive maintenance and service you put into equipment, you can never control when mechanicals will have issues and it usually is at the worst time when you need them the most. We are in process of repairing those items currently with our vendors. We do not include breakfast with our rate structure but we do offer a bed & breakfast package available to our guests to reserve for both 2 and 4 people. I am curious about the TV comment, as all of our 39" HDTV are all new as of January 2014, I have had our Chief Engineer look into the specific room that you stayed in to make sure that unit is working properly or will have it replaced immediately. I cannot apologize enough for the noise from a banquet event that we were hosting that evening.
I thank you for your comments and want you to know that they are heard along with being taken seriously as we are always fine tuning our hotel operations. I look forward to the possibility to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Toledo so that we can show your a true reflection of what type of hotel and staff that we are.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our air conditioning did not work and when we told the two people at the front desk the said, "Oh, really?" And did not even bother to write down our room number. They were completely uninterested in helping. The pool was fun for the kids but there were no towels and the got tub was out of service. Double beds, not queens made it tight with two adults and two teens.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Hoffamily
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Hoffamily,
I thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us in Toledo and sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied. It is not common for us to respond to your concerns they way that happened. As a staff, we all pride ourselves on our customer service and especially focusing on our guests needs first and foremost so again I apologize that this did not happen for your and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the staff appropriately. I have spoken with our Engineering department and they have addressed the issue with your air conditioner in the guest room you stayed in so it won't be a problem for future guests. We are in process of currently replacing the hot tub heater and this will be completed in the next couple of days. I agree with you with the beds and we will be replacing all of the bed sets in our two-bedded rooms with queen size in the rooms during our renovation this year.
Again I thank you for your comments and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again during your next visit to the area to show you are true and proper Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo service!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at most of the hotels in and around Toledo as I work in one of the hospitals one week out of five and live in Detroit. In some neither my pager nor my AT&T iPhone would work. Some are just too expensive. Many are noisy and in poor repair. This hotel is clean and convenient. Panera is very nearby AND they have a bars and restaurant and room service (although the wine selection varies with the bartender). Phones and pagers work. Internet is free and works.

This my choice now for the last year, and I see no reason to change.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael K

Thank you very much for your comments Michael K, they truly are appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to having you back with us on one of your next visits to Toledo from Detroit. I thank you for your comments regarding our wine selection depending on the bartender as I will be addressing this with our Food & Beverage Director and Restaurant Manager as we always want to be consistent in our service and expectations of our guests.