“Radisson Toledo”

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was fairly clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Lounge and pool were nice. Cookies were good. No breakfast provided, but several places nearby. One of the elevators was broken so long waits. Overall it was a good stay. I would use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you JEFFRAY C for your review of the Radisson Toledo. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with was. We do offer breakfast packages for two people and for four people with the room that are available to reserve for our guests that would like breakfast included in their room rate at a discounted rate compared to the standard breakfast buffet rate. The elevator has been repaired and both of them are now working for our guests needs.
We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Toledo area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable; the staff was courteous and eager to please. The food was great, too. There was no problem with parking and it was easy to find with nearby businesses. My stepdaughter's wedding reception was held here and everything was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very nice rooms. Staff very friendly. Room service was fast. Stayed because it was next to the Toledo Medical Hospital where husband was having surgery. Would recommend anyone with family having a hospital stay to use the Radisson.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you very much CannotFindName... for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property right next to the University of Toledo Medical Center so you could be close for your husbands surgery.
Although we hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Toledo, we hope it is not for another surgery.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel ruined my wedding experience. I had a wedding and they told me that I could have the bar open til 2am. They closed it early and they told us that we had to to go to the lobby to drink and that we had to not go to our rooms to have fun. They were terrible and unprofessional and the worst employees ever. The so called manager said we couldn't have fun after our wedding party was told that they would be able to drink they were told that we couldn't have fun in our rooms. We had to sit in the lobby to have pizza. I would never stay here again after the horrible customer service we received. Worst hotel ever

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert J

Dear Robert J,
I thank you for your review of the hotel and thank you for having a guest room with us while you attended an off-site wedding. Due to certain circumstances that were out of our control, for our guests safety, we did need to close the lounge due to the concerns we had with the water situation in Toledo as well as the safety of our liquor license and serving our patrons which have consumed alcohol at an off-site location prior coming to the hotel. Unfortunately, due to the other guests that were staying in the hotel, we cannot permit at 1:30am for some guests to have "fun" in their rooms and disturb the other hotel guests. It is an unfortunate situation and I truly apologize that you feel that you were not serviced properly.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Pros:
* Very clean, spacious rooms
* Nice facilities
* Helpful staff (see below)

Cons:
* Room service food was not great.
* Hotel was not easy to find... Hidden in a corner of the campus. Address totally misled my gps.
* I called far in advance because I was going to need a very late check-in and because of that also wanted to request a late check-out. Person on the phone said, "No problem! I'll make a note on your reservation." When I arrived, they had given away my room and counted me as a no-show. The front desk staff fixed it (see above), but had they not had rooms available, it could have been a nightmare.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Anthony C for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear the you liked the rooms and facilities along with the staff was helpful to address your reservation. With that, I apologize that the reservation notes were not followed. I will be sure to address this with my Guest Services Manager so that we are not running our end of day process to early without making the proper updates in the system for the guests. I will speak with our F&B Director and Executive Chef concerning the room service as we usually put out a great product that meets our guests satisfaction.
Again, I thank you for your review and look forward to having you stay with us again during your next visit to Toledo.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked a Non-smoking King room at this hotel (The entire hotel is "non-smoking"). Immediately upon entering the room we could smell that the room had been smoked in. I called the front desk about it and they said, "Thank you for letting us know, we will make a note so that you do not get charged for smoking in your room." It took only a minute to realize that we would not be able to sleep in the room (asthma and allergies), and that if we stayed all of our belongings would reek of smoke.
We requested a different room but the entire hotel was booked so we had to leave. It took almost 10 minutes for the staff to reverse the charge on my card and even then they were unsure as to if I would be charged or not. While I waited one of the staff shared that the hotel had been a smoking hotel and only recently did they change their policy.
Because they did not have any more rooms- we had to struggle last minute to find a place to stay for the night. This caused us to have to drive an hour outside of toledo and spend twice as much on a room. Radisson quickly went from my top hotel choice to one that I can not recommend.
This hotel may advertise that it is non-smoking, because they do not allow smoking, but it still smells strongly of it's smoking days.

Room Tip: This hotel had once been a smoking hotel! Even Non-smoking rooms smell heavily of smoke!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bekah D
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson Hotel by Carlson standards. We will also be looking at our training practice to insure a level of confidence in our staff that every guest should experience. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Dave Conley our General Manager.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights for business. Clean hotel with large rooms. Very difficult to find when you arrive. Not well signposted. Internet was slow in the room I was in. Staff were friendly and helpful. Fitness room was sufficient and pool and hot tub were a nice bonus.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CoddGolf

Thank you very much CoddGolf for your review of our hotel. As the staff at the Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo, we truly appreciate your comments. Our permanent exterior signage is scheduled to be installed within the next few weeks.
We look forward to hosting you again the next time that you are in Toledo.