In stark contrast to the hotel where I stayed on my previous trip, this hotel is one that I would not hesitate recommend to others. The neighborhood seemed pleasant and relatively safe. Parking right in front of the hotel was free. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The lobby was bright and welcoming. There was a large indoor pool, fitness room and restaurant. The rooms were nicely decorated, and the beds were very comfortable. Our bathroom was also nice and seemed to be a pretty average size for a hotel bathroom. I noticed that some other reviewers had small bathrooms. We were in a room with 2 beds if that makes any difference.
We did not try the breakfast at the restaurant, but the lunch buffet was very good. (Breakfast is included in some packages.)
The hotel is located on the University of Toledo Medical Center campus. I believe the hotel has a shuttle to the medical center if you need it. There is also a tunnel to the hospital.
The hotel is near stores and restaurants like Wal-Mart, Kroger, Ruby Tuesday's, etc. The large Swan Creek Preserve is just up the road. It is about a ten minute drive from the zoo and the art museum. (I've been to the art museum and would highly recommend it!) Downtown is a little over ten minutes away as well. The site of one the most important battles of the Revolutionary War, the Battle of Fallen Timbers, is about 15 minutes northwest of the hotel. (I'm not sure if there is anything to see at the site because we weren't able to stop this trip.) About 20 minutes west along the beautiful Maumee River near the small town of Grand Rapids is a little village owned by the park service with a mill, canal boat, general store, etc. that seems to be open seasonally.
A few things to be aware of...
Even though the hotel address is Glendale Ave, you can't really see it from that street. There is a side street off of Glendale that takes you behind the shopping area. If you're headed west on Glendale, just before you get to the shopping area with Wendy‘s, Pizza Hut, etc., turn right onto Muot Blvd. Then turn left onto West Campus which curves north again where you will see the parking lot for the hotel. (If you somehow miss Muot since the sign is small, just past the shopping area is Byrne Road. You can turn right on that, then right on Arlington, and then right on West Campus which will get you to the hotel parking lot the other way.) I know others have said that they thought it was hard to find, so I hope that saves some hunting for you!
I vaguely remembered another TA member mentioning this which helped me. The water in the shower is counter-intuitive. It gets hot when you move the handle the way you would think you would move it to make it cold. Establish the temperature before you get in!
The anti-slip treatment that is at the bottom of the tub is okay to stand on, but is very sharp if you sit on it. If you must take a bath, I suggest putting a towel down inside the tub!
If anyone figures out the secret to getting the temperature to stay at what you choose for the room, please post it! We'd set the temperature, and it would seem fine and then it would change, blowing hot or cold at odd intervals. Maybe we were just too sleepy to figure it out!
I brought back leftovers from dinner just assuming that we had a fridge, but there wasn’t one.
Despite the quirks, I would be glad to stay here again. The staff was very helpful, the hotel was inviting and the beds were extremely comfortable. This made for a pleasant stay on a cold winter's night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Suburban Hotel located at The University of Toledo Medical Center/Health Science Campus. Hotel amenities include complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, a fitness center, direct access to The Morse Wellness Center, an indoor pool and whirlpool, a 24-hour business center, and 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space. The hotel offers a variety of room types from king guestrooms, to junior and presidential suites. Onsite dining at 31Hundred offers modern American cuisine, created with fresh regional ingredients, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Toledo’s metropolitan area and 11 miles from Toledo Express Airport. Nearby is the Seagate Convention Center, Toledo Zoo, Fifth Third Field – Mud Hens Stadium, Owens Community College, Toledo Botanical Gardens and Levis Commons Town Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Radisson at The University of Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton Hotel Toledo
- Toledo Hilton Hotel
- Radisson At The University Of Toledo Ohio