“Average”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barnby Dun
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Olive Bar and Grill caters for all tastes, however, the speciality is Volcanic Hot Rocks, where you cook your own meat at the table. A definite experience not to be missed. There is a great wine, cocktail and beer selection including two Batemans real ales.
Doncaster
“Average”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went here wiv my partner he had ribs for starters and I had garlic musharooms both poor the main we had steak on the volcanic rock excellent idea loved it for a change salad and potatoes realy nice steak was just average reasonable priceing good atmosphere

DONCASTER
“Sack the Main woman front of house .....Please......”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Heres how my experience went.

SERVICE

We arrived at 11:50pm on Sunday 15th June for our 12pm table reservation. We were greeted by the head waitress/manager and was told quite abruptly that we have to vacate our table by 2pm... ( ok then, great customer service there) .

The whole party of 8 was sat at our table with drinks and ready to order by 12:15, the waitress came and took our order at 12:25. ( you would think that the service would be quick for such in demand tables )

Our food arrived at 1:10 ( 45mins after ordering ) all the while the head waitress/manageress was looking across giving us dead eye ( yes we had a 5 year old child with us )

We had finished our mains collectively by 1:40, 1:45 we were asked if we wanted pudding, the young waitress was very polite, only two of our party wanted desert, mint aero cake and stickey toffee pudding, as we were giving our two pudding orders head waitress/manageress was looking over very crossed, she approached the young waitress and said " we have no aero cake and no sticky toffee pudding".... the look on the young waitresses face was one of you liar....

The manageress basically refused our puddings because she wanted the table for a group of travellers waiting in the bar....

That was my experience of poor service... I run a business and if I knew one of my employees or managers acted like this then she would be gone.......CUSTOMER SERVICE IS KEY!!!!!

FOOD

I can only really comment on my own food as I didn't taste the other members of the party, although I did here a comment of " it looks far nicer than it tastes "

I ordered a large Daddys day burrito.....All in all it was OK.... Nothing to write home about, under seasoned, the chilly inside had a musty taste to it and the rice inside tasted like uncle bens.Plus they had put lettuce leaves inside which made it slimy and horrible texture.

We also ordered a Sunday lunch for my child which was described as a half chicken......ha ha ha
More like a half chicken breast...appalling.

all in all I could go on all day.......

Bad experience

4 Thank ANDYLELI
“Overnight vist”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Room, nice. Clean price 65£ with breakfast
Good value, some bathroom fittings and layout is dated
Staff friendly, helpful, seems to rely a lot on local recommendations

sslm04
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and husband visited here on a Saturday afternoon, we were welcomed by very friendly staff.

We ordered starters of calamari and volcano chicken wings, the food was presented great and tasted superb.

For our mains my husband went for the 16oz ribeye which arrived still cooking on the rock. This adds great theatre to your good and the quality was outstanding. I ordered the 8oz ribeye again this was faultless.

We liked the fact that there was a little break between starters and mains.

We even managed to share a sundae between us for pudding, not quite sure how we managed to fit it all in as portions are BIG!!

A big credit to the team they were all great and worked hard.

This was our second visit and we will return again :)

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Almost faultless!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If ever there was a place worthy of 5 star rating, this is it. Brilliant menu with a huge variety of choice. Waited about half an hour between starter and mains, hence 'almost faultless', but the dishes (shredded beef and peppered tuna) were well worth the wait. Smashing venue and decor too, will definitely returning to work my way through probably the best menu in Doncaster!