Thoroughly enjoyed a 3 night break at this lovely hotel. A warm friendly welcome by Jon on arrival set the tone for the whole stay with all staff genuinely appearing to want all guests to feel well looked after. Comfortable very quiet room, log fire and newspapers in the lounge and excellent food made for a very relaxing stay. Small but thoughtful touches such as quality tea and coffee in the room, current magazines, a de-icer and scraper by the door to borrow on cold, frosty mornings and an excellent selection of local information in the Reception area. Although hidden away, the hotel is walking distance to the lovely old town of Sherborne although the bridleway route was muddy (walking boots a must).
The hotel is situated in a beautiful area to explore further by car.
Very much hope to return before too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grange at Oborne is a luxury country house hotel with eighteen bedrooms and an award-winning restaurant overlooking the floodlit gardens. Our quiet rural setting at the edge of the village is the reason why many of our guests return year after year to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that the hotel has to offer. It is a place to unwind, relax and regenerate. Family-owned and run, The Grange prides itself on its friendly staff. The Grange won Dorset Tourism's 'Best Small Hotel' in 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grange At Oborne Hotel Sherborne
- Grange At Oborne Sherborne