“Weekend away”

Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oborne
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just wanted to say we have had a fab stay at The Grange.
We booked for two nights B & B and the Breakfast was very good with a good selection of cereals and fruit, very good cooked breakfast that sets you up for the day.
We decided to eat there on the first night and you should ready eat there one night at least as the food was brilliant and fresh, not cheap but I really do think you pay for what you get and I was very happy with it.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, for the cleaners to the management.
Would we stay again?
Answer to this is easy Yes :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luciferlandy

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here overnight as part of a coach tour. The hotel is beautiful & quaint. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. I am lactose intolerant & am usually restricted in the meals which are available on a set menu. However, I was told that I could choose whatever I wanted & the chef would adapt the dish to my needs, which he did fantastically. I had a smoked salmon salad starter followed by duck. I was given a generous portion of new potatoes instead of the mash which was meant to come with the dish. I was also offered a dessert which was not fruit salad! This made quite a change - I had sorbet with meringue on.
In the morning I was given a generous amount of soya milk so that I could not only enjoy a cup of tea but also some cereal.
Our room was comfortable. I was sharing with my mum & we had 1 double bed & a double sofa bed. On arrival we were given the option of changing to a twin room. We decided against this as we preferred the first room which we had which was set at the back of the hotel. However, it was good to be given the choice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, so if you are considering staying there then please do. You won't regret it!

1  Thank Sareeta C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend with my wife, daughter and son in law and their baby aged one. I cannot speak highly enough of the friendliest staff, nothing was too mauch trouble and their genuine warmth and welcome to Eric was the best we have any of us ever experienced, all completely natural and a real joy. The food is more than acceptable, some very good hake and lemon sole on Friday for supper followed by genuinely delicious ice cream (though asking for "streaky bacon" from the breakfast menu fell on completely deaf ears each morning!).
All in all we all agreed that we would not hesitate to return or to reccommend the Hotel to any who ask. Thank you , thank you.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 7 and 8 and each was absolutely fine, I think the shower in 8 is better than the on...
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were very impressed by this hotel--between Sherbourne & Milbourne Port in lovely country. Family owned & run it is exceptionally friendly with ever-helpful staff. Comfortable rooms, full English Breakfast included.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at the The Grange at Oborne, Dorset, for our wedding anniversary in May 2013. We liked this hotel very much so we took my sister to stay for 4 nights from Thursday 3rd to Monday 7th July 2014 for a long weekend. My husband and I had a superior double and my sister had a Deluxe Double. My husband and I had room 1, which was lovely and clean with a 6ft bed and a fabulous en-suite wet room. My sister had room 12, which is a fabulous room in every respect, patio door leading to the garden, a 6ft bed, and the en-suite facilities was a bath with shower over. She was absolutely delighted with this room.

Attractive and well maintained gardens were lovely and just the perfect place to sit in the afternoon with a cup of coffee/tea or even a glass of wine if you so choose. As on the previous occasion all the staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient. The food was excellent – our compliments to the chef. The appetisers served with our drinks prior to dinner were delightful and of good quality.

So this message is to let you know how much the 3 of us enjoyed our recent stay at The Grange.

I would recommend The Grange to family & friends if they were visiting that part of Dorset and wanted a quiet hotel.

Anne & Mick Gage

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies overlooking the garden or with a patio door leading to the garden.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is beautifully located and is a very attractive building with a lovely garden. The welcome was exemplary and public areas looked delightful. For some reason that now escapes me we had reserved a ground floor room. Big mistake. The room, whilst large and well equipped, was dark with a small window and most of the room was below road level. The bed looked inviting but was uncomfortable. Dinner that evening was really very good and cannot be faulted. The same cannot be said for breakfast the next morning where the service was slipshod and food not well cooked. The bacon was so crisp that it stood to attention and when I ask for fried eggs I do not expect to be served a single egg. Toast was very slow arriving by which time the cooked breakfast was only lukewarm.

Room Tip: Do not choose a ground floor room. My sister was in a first floor room with French windows and a pla...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RichardD1947
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were delighted with the arrangements for our wedding party. The staff were really helpful and flexible; the food and service was excellent. We had a great time and so did all of our guests. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oborne
The Eastbury Hotel
#1 of 5 in Chard
Lanes Hotel
Lanes Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Coker

Been to Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!