“Its an experience and not just a bedroom!”

Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oborne
Sandefjord, Norway
“Its an experience and not just a bedroom!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I came in here on a business trip. As the taxi drew up I had my reservations. An absolutely painless check in process was the first sign that I was going to enjoy this stay (even though just one night). Easy, with a real smile on the face - the check in was great. The room was very good. The dinner was excellent. The lawn at the back and the lounge are very nice. This is a property with a soul and with history that you can browse through. The charm of the surrounding areas and the property itself has for sure had a fantastic effect on the staff. Yes! charming - from inside and not just because they are paid to be so!!.

I would stay here definitely again. Some words of caution - Best if you rent a car. If you dont, the taxi doesnt cost too much to go to Sherborne (I paid 12 pounds round trip). If you are a smoker, be advised that you will have to go to Sherborne to buy your cigarettes. If you are a person who loves loud music and all the trappings of big cities -- you should go somewhere else.

Room Tip: I was in room 19 which i liked. Not sure about other rooms. The only noise you are going to hear her...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stay here for 2 nights as was playing golf at Sherborne Golf Club. The hotel is a couple is miles outside Sherborne (which has a pretty little shopping area) so a car would be a must. Then hotel is friendly, well maintain and the girls are especially polite and helpful, and nothing seems too much trouble. Thank you Lorna and Laura. We had the superior room which had. Fabulous large balcony but there was plenty of table and chairs you could sit on out side in the well kept garden. The room was made up as we ate breakfast, and the breakfast was cooked fresh and served on hot plates, usual these days. It was just the little touches that made you think someone really cares about the guests. Nice soft large bath towels - decent toilet rolls, bottle of water in the room. Un cut bread used for toast it was like being home. Can't recommend you try this place strongly enough. It was simply the best Best Western we have found in the Uk. Well done guys.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. Loved it. Double Superior with balcony. No lift but only two floors so wasn...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We searched for a hotel in the Sherborne area and are sure we made the right choice. This is a very good hotel with particularly efficient and friendly staff. The food was generally excellent (although we might have wished for a little more choice on the dinner menu if we had been staying longer than these four nights). Nearby Sherborne is a lovely little town - well worth a visit for the castles, abbey and shops. There is plenty more to see in the area and I have no doubt that we will choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 (superior) which is spacious and has a balcony.
1 Thank HowardP279
Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We are lucky to have experienced 5 star hotels in the past but were going to a car show in Sherbourne and chose to stay here overnight. My husband booked this hotel for us and I must say when we arrived the surroundings were beautiful and our welcome by John was warm and friendly.
We stayed in room 9 which I believe was a superior. We were impressed with what we found until I looked at the bed!! well this in my opinion is the only reason I felt disappointed. The bed was extremely un comfortable and I must say had the worst nights sleep ever as it was so hard. I love my bed at home with a comfy duvet which you can snuggle into, but with this one you only get a sheet and a thin blanket. Not only did I not sleep well I couldn't get warm either.
Having said the above the staff certainly made up for things again with their warm welcomes and friendliness.
The breakfast was lovely and was ample which gave us a good start to our day.
Overall I must say that if the mattresses could be replaced with much thicker ones and with more comfy duvets then I personally would say you would then deserve a 5 star. I was reluctant to leave my views as I didn't want to appear to be negative but I must say everything else was wonderful and I would certainly return if I knew that new bedding and mattresses had been replaced. Once again thank you to all your staff who clearly enjoy their jobs and are an asset you John, and thank you for your lovely warm welcome aswell.

Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just wanted to say we have had a fab stay at The Grange.
We booked for two nights B & B and the Breakfast was very good with a good selection of cereals and fruit, very good cooked breakfast that sets you up for the day.
We decided to eat there on the first night and you should ready eat there one night at least as the food was brilliant and fresh, not cheap but I really do think you pay for what you get and I was very happy with it.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, for the cleaners to the management.
Would we stay again?
Answer to this is easy Yes :-)

1 Thank Luciferlandy
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here overnight as part of a coach tour. The hotel is beautiful & quaint. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. I am lactose intolerant & am usually restricted in the meals which are available on a set menu. However, I was told that I could choose whatever I wanted & the chef would adapt the dish to my needs, which he did fantastically. I had a smoked salmon salad starter followed by duck. I was given a generous portion of new potatoes instead of the mash which was meant to come with the dish. I was also offered a dessert which was not fruit salad! This made quite a change - I had sorbet with meringue on.
In the morning I was given a generous amount of soya milk so that I could not only enjoy a cup of tea but also some cereal.
Our room was comfortable. I was sharing with my mum & we had 1 double bed & a double sofa bed. On arrival we were given the option of changing to a twin room. We decided against this as we preferred the first room which we had which was set at the back of the hotel. However, it was good to be given the choice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, so if you are considering staying there then please do. You won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sareeta C
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend with my wife, daughter and son in law and their baby aged one. I cannot speak highly enough of the friendliest staff, nothing was too mauch trouble and their genuine warmth and welcome to Eric was the best we have any of us ever experienced, all completely natural and a real joy. The food is more than acceptable, some very good hake and lemon sole on Friday for supper followed by genuinely delicious ice cream (though asking for "streaky bacon" from the breakfast menu fell on completely deaf ears each morning!).
All in all we all agreed that we would not hesitate to return or to reccommend the Hotel to any who ask. Thank you , thank you.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 7 and 8 and each was absolutely fine, I think the shower in 8 is better than the on...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oborne
The Eastbury Hotel
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#2 of 10 in Bridport

Been to Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!