“Slip Sliding Away”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Slip Sliding Away”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed at this location for work many times. If you need the internet for work during your stay, this is not the hotel for you. It's not the speed, it's the fact you can't hold a connection. I've used different devices all with the same poor result. Guests often complain about it but the ownership group has deaf ears. I feel bad for the staff/management to have their hands tied with so many issues. I'm moved down to the HIE-Tipp City for business stays (different management group, newer mattresses, microwaves in every room, Directv) more for your money. Plus it's smoke free whereas HIE-Troy has the entire 2nd floor for smoking which means many 3rd floor rooms smell like cigarettes too as the smoke rises.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jay t
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Jay T,

Thank you for giving us feedback about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all feedback as we use it to make our hotel better for our future guests.

I am very sorry and very concerned about the issues you faced with our wireless internet. We understand the importance of having reliable and fast internet and we are constantly working with our technicians to make our internet better for our guests. Please know that your comments will be forwarded to my contact at our wireless support and will also be forwarded to our hotel owner so we can get to the bottom of the issue.

I understand and am sorry to hear your decision to move to the Holiday Inn Express in Tipp City. We do have a lot of changes that are and will be coming so we are able to keep up with the ever evolving needs of our guests. Our hotel will be becoming an 100% non smoking property in the fall, and will be adding microwaves to more rooms. We have already added new pillow top mattress pads and pillows to all of our rooms in order to increase the comfort level of our beds.

It is my hope that with all the changes taking place at our hotel, you might give us another opportunity to try us out and regain your loyalty. I have included my email address in below signature, I would love to take care making your accommodations in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback.

troyhiexpress@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here on a one night business trip. In all, the stay was exactly what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn Express: clean, welcoming, professional. However, the staff came through for me in a huge way.

Room: The room I was given was spacious, clean, and tastefully decorated. It's not the Four Seasons, but it was perfectly adequate for a one-night business stay. The bed was comfortable, ventilation was good, and there was a broad range of cable channels to watch.

Property: Again, not much to say for the hard product. It's clean and well-tended. There was a pool and hot tub, along with ample parking. There was free breakfast in the morning with an assortment of yogurts and some generic hot and cold entrees.

Staff: this is where the property greatly exceeded expectations. I had overestimated the availability of cabs in Troy. After calling all 4 companies in Troy, I was going to have to walk 10 miles to my meeting on one of the coldest days of the year. I called the front desk, and after some discussion, the agent came back and said that the hotel's director of sales would be driving me herself! Patty was really lovely, and I couldn't be more grateful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hello Pandapal!

I love the title of your review! "Over and Above Expectations" EXACTLY sums up, in a nut shell, what we as a hotel and a brand strive to ensure our guests! We want to "wow" our guests with our service, with our product, and with an overall experience of their stay.

It is so great to hear that we accomplished this with you and we exceeded your expectations. It makes me proud to hear that my staff pulled through to help you when you were out of options. We are always thinking of ways to go above and beyond for our guests and it is great to see that we did this in a time when you were in need of a solution. My Director of Sales, Patty, will be recognized for this amazing effort! Thank you again for recognizing her and the entire staff for the service they provided! Your comments will be passed along to them.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. When you come back to the Troy area, we would be delighted to offer you a ride to and from the airport, and company you are visiting.

toledo
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited the hotel and were very pleased. The rooms on this property are just perfect, modern with an at home feeling. Christie greeted us with a warm smile and after mis placing our phone charger was happy to let me use hers. The hospitality shown by her during our stay deserves to be recognized. We will be more than happy to return to this hotel time after time!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Blondie325!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give us feedback on your recent stay with us!

It is our goal as a hotel and a brand to provide each and everyone of our guests a memorable experience while staying with us. We strive to accomplish this by providing excellent service, a clean and comfortable room, and an amazing breakfast to start off your day the next morning. I am delighted to here that we have accomplished this goal with you! Your comments have been passed along to Christie and please know that she has been rewarded for her amazing service by myself and the company!

I am so happy to hear that you loved our hotel and the experience that you had while staying with us, that you will return in the future. It is a pleasure to hear and my staff is grateful to see that as well.

Thank you again and we can't wait for your return to Troy Ohio!!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Troy Ohio
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I had been traveling all day and looming night and worsening weather prompted us to look for lodging. Promising billboards lamented of inexpensive lodging but as usual, yielded dimly lit motels full of construction trucks and service vehicles. Tucked away behind a Waffle House was Troy's Holiday Inn Express. Christy greeted us and without a reservation was able to avail us a wonderful room, more like a suite, for a competitive price. The indoor pool heated to 86 degrees (It was 30 and sleeting outside) and jacuzzi on the side melted all the travel worries into a restful rejuvenating sleep. The mornings hot breakfast with pancakes and sticky buns got us going again.

Room Tip: Ask for Christy to provide for any or all your needs.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello DonaldC!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback! I am delighted that we were able to take care of you during an unexpected break in your trip due to the weather.

It is so great to hear that Christie was able to pride exceptional service and get you into one of our amazing rooms for the night. I have forwarded your comments so Christie can see some of the results of her hard work and she has been recognized by myself and the company for the service provided.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay in Troy and I hope you will visit us again soon!

Bluffton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Last weekend, our family as well as our coaches families, and 5 team mates and families stayed in your hotel during our District wrestling Tournament.
I felt compelled to write and let you know what a wonderful job that Maddie did representing your
company and taking care of the needs of guests.
Maddie went out of her way to be extremely friendly and gracious, her level of service is not often seen these days, and deserved to be complimented!
Please let her know that the Bluffton, OH wrestling team very much appreciated all of her extra effort and smiling way. Much thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carole L
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear CasLuke2014,
We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Please know that your kind words have been passed on to Maddie as well as the entire staff in order to share with them Maddie's Outstanding Customer Service. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay and we look forward to seeing you and or your group when you return to the area!
At your service,
Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Other than an old mattress, that was saggy, everything met all our expectations. Check in was great, people friendly and a renovated bathroom that was excellent.

It would have received 5 stars with better mattress.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear NsChamp,
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that the mattresses didn't meet your expectations. I will call this to the attention of our management.

Thank you for your other kind words with regard to our staff. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Had our family reunion in the area, and all of my family stayed at this location. The kids loved the pool, and the breakfast was great (and free!) The staff, (I think we dealt most with Lydia) was absolutely awesome, and kind, and went above and beyond to make sure we had an awesome stay. I LOVE that this hotel was pet friendly as we had our dog with us. Everything was pretty much perfect--even though the weather got crazy (snow/ice) they had scrapers available for us to use, kept things salted, and the driveway was plowed before we even woke up. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Literally across the street from a Walmart, near a Meijer, and several restaurants. Very convenient to the interstate. Love the pricing on the suites. Great value.

Room Tip: The suites are my preference. Love the fridge/microwave combo!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear lad0lcevida,

I am so glad that you and your family had a great stay at our hotel. We are glad that you chose our hotel for your family's birthday party. Thank you for all of your kind words with regard to our employees. We do try to make everyone's stay the best that it can be.

I hope that the next time you have another family birthday celebration we will be your hotel of choice. Happy New Year!

Patty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua
Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!