“Great service, and excellent breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Troy
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We arrived late in the evening, and the night desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. They provide fresh fruit at all times of the day, unlike many of the Holiday Inn Express locations we've visited. The breakfast was the best we've had at a Holiday Inn Express. Three types of fruit, freshly made pancakes, fresh biscuits and gravy, cheese omelettes without the "mystery meat" filling I have seen recently at some locations, and premium Chobani yogurt. They had all of the breakfast items we usually see, and many more. They even had chocolate milk. If we pass that way again, we'll be sure to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Mark M
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MarkM,
Wow!!, what a great review of the Holiday Inn Express in Troy, OH. All of your very kind words make a great commercial for us. We are so thankful for guests like yourself that take the time to write about all the good things that we do here in Troy, OH.

We are constantly striving to make all of our guests have a great experience when staying with us. It is so good to know that we were successful for you.

I hope that your travels bring you back to stay with us. We look forward to it.

Patty Mack
Director of Sales

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our family stayed May 17th while we were in town for a soccer tournament. We had a first floor King suite with a pull out couch, since there were 5 of us, they had a roll away as well waiting for us. Hotel is very clean and the staff could not have been nicer. The door to our room had a sign with our daughter's soccer team logo on it and it said Good Luck from the staff and they also put together a goodie bad of snacks for her with another Good Luck note card. They did this in every room for everyone on our team. We have been to numerous soccer tournaments and never been treated so well. Most hotels just want the rowdy kids to leave. Twice I had to go to the front desk for something we had forgotten and both times it was handed to us with a smile. Breakfast was great as well. I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Indianacupcake,
I appreciate that you have taken the time to write the Holiday Inn Express, Troy, OH a review. I am sure that it was pretty evident that we love to host the sport teams. Our staff really gets excited to decorate the teams doors and make up the goodie bags for the teams. It is just our way of saying "Welcome and thanks for staying with us."

We look forward to having your team stay with us in the future.

Patty Mack
Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff was courteous, the room was clean and the hotel was very friendly with my dog. I felt the value of the room was very good. I look forward to staying here again when I come back to visit in Troy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jobiemom13
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Jobiemom13,
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I am happy that you had a great experience here at the Holiday Inn Express in Troy, OH.

I look forward to meeting our friends when they are traveling to the South for the winter and then when they return to stay with us in the spring. I just haven't figured out a way for any of you to take me along. ;).

We are proud to be able to accommodate your pets as well. I know that pets can be a very important part of our lives and we totally respect that.

We look forward to seeing you in the Fall.

Patty

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Troy was our over night stay on our way back to Canada from Florida. The hotel is fairly new and very clean, the grounds are well kept. Our room was very spacious and very clean. The room had a small fridge, microwave oven, a sink, coffee maker, a tub that contained paper plates, can opener, cutlery which was a bonus.

The front desk staff were very friendly and professional. This hotel is also very dog friendly which is a plus as we were travelling with our dog.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ellie1967,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Troy, OH. Our team works very hard to ensure that all the rooms are very clean. You are very correct that we have a very quiet hotel as well. Our location has so many pluses from being located by so many restaurants and being on a cul-de- sac. This helps to make the rooms very quiet.

We love our travelers that stop on the way to Florida and then stop again for the return trip home. Please plan on staying with us next year on your return trip.

Patty

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Hotel and staff were excellent. The staff went over & above expectations. Our bands rooms were identified by OUR Logo - magically retrieved by the staff - with welcome bags of drinks and snacks - with a hand written note on it - to keep every teenager satisfied. The salt water pool and Jacuzzi are perfect, the grounds lovely - the kids even played Frisbee on the lawn!
The staff were so friendly - and not in a pushy way. They made me feel right at home.
There were two schools at the hotel - but you would never have known it!
Each morning of our 3 night stay, we had a hot breakfast - never a shortage of food - they even have a really cool self service fresh pancake maker! How cool is that!
The rooms are very nice - housekeeping staff should be commended on a job well done! They use Bath & Bodyworks for bath and beauty supplies! Everyone - male or female will be happy with the quality of the product.
The many "little extras" that the hotel does - such as a bowl of fresh apples in the lobby - are what make this hotel - And STAFF by far - the best I've come across for quite some time.
There are many restaurants nearby - walking distance believe it or not - and a Walmart across the street.
We will certainly use this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor - I had a king bed suite. Complete with microwave - coffeemaker and mi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello Mytoytime!!

WOW!!!! We are blown away by your great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how the hotel and staff did during your stay with us. The entire staff has a goal to make sure that our guests are comfortable, relaxed, and they are able to be themselves while they are staying at our hotel. We strive to ensure that we exceed all expectations set by our guests. It is wonderful to hear that all of our goals were met and that your stay was an memorable one. Your great comments have been passed along to everyone and we have recognized our staff for a job well done. It was such a pleasure to have your group stay with us while you were in town for Winterguard, and we would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Traveling with a large student group can have challenges...but not when you stay here. It was our schools' 2nd stay. We were welcomed with open arms. Patty and the staff anticipated our every need, from goodie bags of snacks, to our room arrangements (with cheering signs on our doors so we knew where our kids were) to opening up spaces in the hotel when we felt we might be crowding others. The rooms were very clean, well appointed and cozy. I can't imagine getting breakfast for 50 at early hours, but they did it with smiles on their faces (and the food was good!). I hope they'll save room for us when we visit next time...never had an experience that easy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello CWC333333,

Thank you for your great review on our hotel! It was such a pleasure to have a great group like yours, stay with us during your visit to Dayton. I am delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your groups expectations. The staff worked so hard to ensure that your group would have a memorable time while staying at our property, I love that they accomplished this goal with you all! I have passed along the comments to them so they can take pleasure in your kind words as well. Thank you again and we will definitely save room for you next year!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed at this location for work many times. If you need the internet for work during your stay, this is not the hotel for you. It's not the speed, it's the fact you can't hold a connection. I've used different devices all with the same poor result. Guests often complain about it but the ownership group has deaf ears. I feel bad for the staff/management to have their hands tied with so many issues. I'm moved down to the HIE-Tipp City for business stays (different management group, newer mattresses, microwaves in every room, Directv) more for your money. Plus it's smoke free whereas HIE-Troy has the entire 2nd floor for smoking which means many 3rd floor rooms smell like cigarettes too as the smoke rises.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jay t
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Jay T,

Thank you for giving us feedback about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all feedback as we use it to make our hotel better for our future guests.

I am very sorry and very concerned about the issues you faced with our wireless internet. We understand the importance of having reliable and fast internet and we are constantly working with our technicians to make our internet better for our guests. Please know that your comments will be forwarded to my contact at our wireless support and will also be forwarded to our hotel owner so we can get to the bottom of the issue.

I understand and am sorry to hear your decision to move to the Holiday Inn Express in Tipp City. We do have a lot of changes that are and will be coming so we are able to keep up with the ever evolving needs of our guests. Our hotel will be becoming an 100% non smoking property in the fall, and will be adding microwaves to more rooms. We have already added new pillow top mattress pads and pillows to all of our rooms in order to increase the comfort level of our beds.

It is my hope that with all the changes taking place at our hotel, you might give us another opportunity to try us out and regain your loyalty. I have included my email address in below signature, I would love to take care making your accommodations in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback.

troyhiexpress@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!