“Good Hotel, just one minor issue”
Review of Hampton Inn Troy

Hampton Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Northville, Michigan
“Good Hotel, just one minor issue”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

While traveling back home, we found this hotel from a coupon book picked up in a gas station. The coupon book advertised rooms for a very good deal (I can't recall the exact price). When we got there the said that there were only a few rooms that went with this discount. I guess that is OK but it is very disappointing when you think you are going to get a great deal and you don't. It just didn't feel like good business to me.

Other than the coupon thing it is a very nice place. The rooms seemed pretty new, nice flat screen TVs and they had a microwave and refrigerator. High-speed internet worked very well. They even had wired internet cords in the rooms which is a nice touch that most places don't have. They had a very nice pool. The business center (just a computer in the lobby looked fine. Breakfast was good.

The staff at this hotel are great! All of the front desk workers we encountered were very friendly and helpful, particularly the one working in the morning. The woman who ran the breakfast room was nice and so were the maids.

Other than the coupon issue, a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ohio
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Upon arriving in Troy, we originally planned to stay at a nearby property until seeing it in person. This Hampton was across the street and looked much more inviting. What a treat it was to find this place. The staff was extremely friendly all the way down the line from the girl who checked us in to the sweet lady serving breakfast the next day, housekeeping, and what appeared to be the manager on our morning of checkout. We checked out on a Sunday and had no pressing plans. Upon learning this on Sat. night, the staff at the front desk allowed us a 2pm checkout so we could enjoy some time in the indoor pool with our daughter. Rooms were very clean, beds quite comfortable, and the price very reasonable. This place is about a halfway point on a trip we frequently take, and we'll definitely be returning.

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 13 June 2008

After reading some of the reviews for hotels in the Troy area, I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to find a good, clean, quality hotel. I was pleasantly surprised after staying at the Hampton Inn in Troy. The staff was so very pleasant, the bed was sooooo comfortable and the rooms were very clean. I am definitely going to stay at this hotel the next time we're visiting family in this area.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the facility.
  • Disliked — None.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Alliston, Ontario
Reviewed 21 March 2008

This is a great hotel!! Nice and clean, reasonably priced with all of the little extra ammenities.

The rooms were spacious, clean and looks newly renoved. The beds were extremely comfortable!

24 hour walmart is directly across the road as well as lots of restaurants (Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday's etc).

Troy isn't anything exciting - but the hotel was great!

I didn't try the pool - ibut it looked great for kids - shallow.

• Liked — Bed and room ammenities were great!
  • Disliked — Pool was in main hallway where everyone in the hotel walks by.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank youngtravel444
Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2007

I made reservations here well in advance (2 weeks before my stay). Then, several days before my arrival, I found I had to cancel the reservation, which included three rooms. When I cancelled the clerk assured me that I gave them plenty of notice and nothing would be charged to my card. Then, three weeks later, I found that my credit card had been charged by the hotel. When I finally reached the manager she refused to refund my money claiming that I needed a separate cancellation number for each room! Then after that, this hotel charged my card with other "service charges," making it necessary for me to cancel my credit card! The whole situation is outrageous, the staff is rude, and I wish there was a way to get my $300 back! Also, there are plenty of other nice hotels right in the vicinity, no need to stay here and get ripped off!

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank OhioLayla
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2007

Walked in and the sight of the pool sold me! We enjoyed a great private swim, in the heated pool..The new bedding was lovely, and I loved the three pillows on each Queen bed! The Hampton Inn has introduced a neat room coffee maker, which made a very easy cuppa early in the am! Breakfast was the usual offering, but everything was prepared prior to 6 am so we enjoyed it before our early departure.
The Inn is surrounded by many restaurants and shopping areas( Walmart & Meijers) to name a few!
Would return any time!

• Liked — Pool & internet Access
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 21 January 2007

When my husband & I were recently stranded in Troy, OH after our car broke down, we were lucky to make it to exit 74 off of I-75 where we found ourselves with several hotel options. I called several of the hotels by cell phone to check on their room availability, prices, and amenities. We typically like to stay at Holiday Inn Expresses since they have a nice balance of amenities & value: a well-rounded complimentary breakfast, free in-room Internet, king-sized beds, etc. On this rainy night in Troy, we selected the Hampton Inn because it offered the same amenities as the Holiday Inn Express (which was right next door), plus an in-room microwave & mini fridge, and it was $8 less per night!

We had no problem getting a room even though we had no reservations. And when I asked for a non-smoking room, I was informed that the entire building was smoke-free! What a nice change! Both the sleeping area and bathroom were immaculately clean.

With free Internet access, we were able to research mechanics' shops and make plans to have our car towed and repaired in the morning. And the microwave was very handy for re-heating the box of leftover pizza we had brought with us from the previous night.

Our room had 2 queen beds which were very comfortable (for spring mattresses), and each bed had 3 thick, fluffy pillows. These pillows were actually much nicer and thicker than the ones we had just used the previous 2 nights in a Holiday Inn Express in Dearborn, MI! We actually had a more restful night's sleep than we did the past 2 nights.

The complimentary breakfast was very similar to what we're used to having at the Holiday Inn Express, and consisted of hot & cold cereals, toast, muffins, bagels, danishes, fresh fruit, omelets with cheddar cheese, yogurt, coffee, milk, a variety of teas, and a variety of fruit juices. My husband's only complaints were that they didn't have any hard-boiled eggs (as the HI Expresses do), and that their only omelets were covered in cheddar cheese (he hates cheddar).

This hotel is right across the street from a Shell gas station, an Auto Zone, and a shopping center housing a Kohl's store. It's also about 20 miles north of Dayton, OH.

Thanks to our stay at this Hampton Inn, we will definitely consider staying at other Hampton Inns in the future... and we won't always assume that HI Express is our best option!

• Liked — Good value, great breakfast, comfortable beds & pillows
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Comfort Suites
#1 of 4 in Piqua
Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City

Been to Hampton Inn Troy? Share your experiences!