“Awesome hotel experience. Zach was an exceptional employee”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I spent the most amazing 3 days over the Thanksgiving holiday at this lovely Fairfield Inn in Troy. I have to say that the employees made this experience wonderful. I must highlight one extraordinary employee. His name is Zach. Our family was going through a particularly difficult time because my grandfather passed away in Spring Meade hospice care on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Zach really took care of us. He was so kind and wonderful. In fact, my mother and I (and most likely other family members) received handwritten sympathy cards directly from Zach under our door. They contained a beautiful handwritten quote. I will treasure and save this card forever. He really went out of his way to be wonderful. Zach is truly what great customer service is meant to be. I will definitely return!! Kim and the other employees were also great. Kim was so warm and friendly at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane G

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in
Troy, Ohio , over the Thanksgiving holiday. My elderly father passed away unexpectedly during the large family gathering. Zack, from the hotel was amazing in encouraging family members to meet together in the lobby living room. He provided glasses for us and sent sympathy cards to all of our family who stayed in the hotel. The breakfasts were wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarDiVoy
Reviewed 2 December 2013

They've upped the ante on the breakfast to include scrambled (ish) eggs and sausage, a nice change from the kind of cold cereal buffet that used to be a Fairfield hallmark. Other than that, and an exceptionally friendly staff, this hotel hits all the marks you expect. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I thought the workout room was small, but that's a problem I encounter a lot.
Kudos to the staff for trying really hard to make me feel welcome. Without that, this hotel would have been disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms face north and south. Ask for north unless you want a great view of the Honda plant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Clean and friendly staff. Workout room and breakfast area were a little on the small size. Rooms were clean and neatly decorated. Computers were down and I couldn't get a receipt. They were supposed to email if to me but they never did so I had to call them.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here along with several other friends and guests while in Troy for a friends wedding. I was impressed with the great service from the staff. We needed an extra cot for one night of our 4 night stay and even at 2 AM they were very helpful, right down to getting a friend a key card so he could get in before we arrived a bit later. The room was clean and comfortable. I don't have a single complaint regarding my stay here and will stay here again when I return to visit next summer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very clean and nice staff. Close to I-75 and very nice and helpful staff. Would stay there again if in Troy.

We were there with a large group for the IH Scout and Light Truck Nationals. The did a very good job helping us with our Saturday night cookout.

Parking was plentiful and pretty good lighting.

The only issue I saw was when people were seated off of the pavement when the auto sprinklers came on. We tried to get them to turn off the system until midnight. But were told there was nothing they could do about it.

But over all a nice clean place to stay with several chain resturants within walking distance.

Breakfast was the normal (free) hotel stuff. But blueberry muffins were very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I LOVED this hotel! It is right off the interstate, there are plenty of restaurants within a mile of the hotel. I was greeted pleasantly by the young man at the desk. He was polite and very efficient, but personable too. I received a phone call within 15 minutes of going to my room asking if the room was okay and did I need anything.
The room and bathroom were immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable with a nice variety of pillows to chose from. No nasty bedspreads on the beds and a nice lightweight poly fill comforter between two sheets kept me warm. The air conditioning worked great. The room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker plus the usual amenities.
The place was quiet and I was told at check in that they have a strict no noise policy after 11:00 pm and if I was disturbed by noisy guests to call the front desk immediately.
They have a nice indoor pool and a small exercise room.
Breakfast was provided and everything looked nice. They had fresh fruit, waffles that looked really good but I behaved myself! The hostess came around the room introducing herself to the guests and she was very welcoming and brightened up the room with her smile. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a Bob Evans restaurant across the street from the hotel as well as a Walmart and a few othe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo