“I think this place is pretty nice”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel between March and May while working in the area and I had no problems. The place looks clean and new, the rooms are spacious and quite nice. The breakfast is all right, could have more variety, but I it offers all the things travelers usually get (waffles, juice, muffins, bagels, scrambled eggs + daily special meat (sausage or bacon or ham or something else).

The pool was in good condition the few times I went there. There is a little waterfall between the hot tub and the pool which my son loved.

The fitness center has a treadmill, an elliptical machine and an "all-in-one" weight lifting machine (you can do all sorts of things for different areas of the body).

I really enjoy this hotel and my wife and kids enjoyed it too when they came with me.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I checked in late on a Friday night (10 PM - 5/25/12) and the staff was very helpful by setting up an early wake up call for the next morning. My king suite was clean and quiet. The best features were the firm mattress and the amazing showerhead. The worst features were the small bed pillows and the lamp switches that were difficult to find in the dark. The complimentary breakfast was above average, but get there early before they run out of eggs!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and my suite was facing the front of the hotel nearest the interstate h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here two years ago and it was fabulous. This time it was the pits. It took forever to get checked in. Apparently the clerk had never had anyone pay in cash before (!!!). After that got figured out, we got our key cards and pulled the car behind the hotel to unpack. The door closest to where we parked entered into the pool area. The key cards did not work in the door. Some little kid let us in. Off to the elevator (or should I say "Let's get off the elevator". The door made the most awful screeching sound. It sounded like a hydraulic pump that had gone dry. When it closed or opened all the way it had a loud "ca-tunk" noise.

Off to our rooms. Key cards worked! Unloaded luggage and I went to sit down on the side of the bed. That's when I noticed a pile of toenail clippings on the floor! They had not been vacuuming in here lately! The rest of the floor had mystery stuff on it too. I called the desk and the assistant manager came up. She had a vacuum cleaner that had been resurrected from the vacuum boneyard somewhere. It actually had a washcloth stuffed in it to make the vacuum! She said she was really sorry the room hadn't been vacuumed, then vacuumed the entire floor (carpeted areas). She left.

Later, when I went in to use the bathroom I noticed small wrapper pieces and mystery string on the floor of the bathroom next to and under the sink vanity. There was also standing water in the tub. I drained the tub and used my Clorox wipes in it (just to be sure!). I left the stuff on the floor just to see if it would be swept up the next day. It wasn't.

The next morning we went down to their "Sweet Sensations" breakfast that opens at 6:30 a.m. We arrived about 6:50 and there was not much there. The apple juice from the machine was good, but the orange juice looked (and tasted) like water with a drop of orange in it. There was no fruit out yet. A few danishes and bagels, some bread, some mini cereal boxes, scrambled eggs and some stuff that I think was supposed to be hash browns. I avoided it because it looked bad.

In looking through my paperwork from the trip, I realized that what they had handed me was not a receipt for the room, it was a paper with check out times, pool times and a blurb for their breakfast. Never did get a receipt.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel has really slipped, and, from the looks of things, the maintenance has too. For the $100+ a night we paid, I am not sure I got what I was expecting.

On the positive side, though, the refrigerator worked great and the freezer actually re-froze my blue ice packs! The bed was comfortable, the room was relatively quiet, there was great water pressure in the shower and the A/C worked!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for an ice skating competition in town. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The front desk attendant was helpful in directing us to local restaurants, and asked us several times about the cleanliness and comfort of our room. The room was cold when we arrived, but quickly warmed up when I turned on the heater. The breakfast included some eggs, biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker as well as some continental choices. My only complaint was that the hallway in our first floor room smelled of cigarettes, probably coming in from the outside door located nearby. Overall a good stay, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rooms are good - almost like a small suite - and they have a good-sized refrigerator. Front desk was friendly and the breakfast was simple, served on plastic plates, but good enough for me. Price was cheap, so excellent value. It was a nice suprise to find such a hotel for that price in a relatively small town with few hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Everything about this hotel is great. It is in a very good location just off the highway, close to a mall and close to the Outback Restaurant. We chose this hotel because of Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We will return on our next trip to Florida

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, no problem at all
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iamirish
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This property didn't exist when I lived in Troy (in a former life). In fact, the shopping/restaurant area in which it's located didn't exist either. What a great addition to the city, though. Neat, clean, comfortable and convenient are just a few of the words I would use to describe this hotel. I can't think of any reason to look elsewhere for lodging in the area and, when I return again, this is where I'll stay. My compliments to the management and staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wisconsinlaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
#1 of 4 in Piqua
Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua
Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!