“Disappointed”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband was attending the Dayton amateur radio convention and I booked this hotel for him based on the TA reviews. The room was well-appointed and the staff overall were very nice. There was a large group of children staying there, however, and they were running up and down the halls, shrieking. Not the hotel's fault, and they did put up signs asking guests not to run in the halls but it was largely ineffective. Internet was slow. The main reason for the poor review, however, is that one day my husband had come back to rest and housekeeping came to the door to replace a towel. He asked her to come back later which made her fussy. So she laid the towel on the floor of the hallway by the door!!! Another towel in the room had something on it that looked like mucus. Come to think of it, maybe that was the towel she was coming to replace.

• Stayed: May 2014
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. Your comfort is our number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved this place with one small negative note. Room was amazing from the bedding to the decor, including the comfort of the mattress and the quality of the duvet. It was a nice last night on our long road trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we did not have time to enjoy the nice pool and hot-tub area but it looked very inviting. The only thing lacking was in the breakfast area as some other posts suggested. There are many options but unfortunately several of them are in the form or microwave options. The self-made waffles were probably the best flavour we've experienced on this trip. Would have loved to see more fresh fruit options. We would definitely return for another night if travelling through again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites
937-339-2525

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Expected better from this hotel. Room was laid out fine. Good Wifi. Two problems - wall heater did not adjust very well and the hairdryer in the bathroom did not work. Outlet also did not work with my wife's blowdryer. "Delicious" breakfast was basically some bagels, bread and a waffle maker. Also some egg patties to microwave. Glad that we at meeting our kids soon for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rjwirish
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting your experience with our hotel. We are sorry we did not meet you expectations. We Value all feedback we receive from our guest. The Wall monitor is not for the heat it is a temperture gage you need to adjust your heat/air from the actual unit in the wall. With our breakfast we have many options including fresh eggs and meat, breakfast burritos, bob evans sandwiches, frest fruit, yogurt, waffle station, danishes, muffins, bagels, hot and cold cereal on a dailey basis. I'm truly sorry you could not find anything of your liking. We value each one of our guest and hope you will give our team another chance.

Genal Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I found this hotel to be perfect in so many ways; comfortable / clean rooms, nicely appointed and a GREAT hot/cold breakfast bar with plenty of choices. Mostly, though, it was distinguished by great service, from moment of late-night check in. The great service continued the day after I left when I called about something I had left in my room and they located and happily mailed it to me. Will definitely stay here again when I need to be in the area. The only (very minor) downside: small fitness room with only 1 treadmill, which caused an early morning wait for it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a great review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are happy we could locate your lost items and return them to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel was excellent in many ways. The room was clean and I had plenty of room to work as well as relax. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good for where I needed to get to.
The bed was comfy and so were the pillows. I find that most of the mid-range chains (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) provide awful pillows which makes sleep a challenge. I got a great night's sleep both nights I was there.

The "but" in my review is the Internet access. The Internet service was abysmally slow...in fact, I haven't seen service this slow since the days of dial-up. Unfortunately that's enough to have me not stay there again. When on the road I need to stay connected and depend on the hotel I'm at to provide me with a strong, fast connection.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the Internet on your recent visit. We did contact our internet provider and got the problem taken care of.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Troy.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel at least 7 times over the last 4 years and I'm always amazed at the room quality. Not just for a Comfort Suites, but for a hotel in general. Prices are fantastic, but even if they were higher, this place blows away Hyatt Place and many other higher priced, higher image hotels. Great pool and hot tub too, if you have the time to use them. The rooms are huge, the bath countertops and shower surround are granite, floors are tile, bed is wonderfully comfortable. If this hotel were available anywhere I travel, I'd stay in it. Refrigerator, microwave, iron/board, pull out sofa for guest, small living space, nice closet, plenty of plugs, great internet connection...the list goes on and on. Crazy review for a Comfort Suites, but it's that good.

Room Tip: I always stay in a King room. HUGE!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your compliments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed at the comfort Inn troy oh about 2 weeks ago. The Hotel was conveniently located with comfortable beds and very clean, updated rooms. There were many breakfast choices included as well. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014
cstroy, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel, my staff and I enjoy reading all the wonderful things our guest put about us and the hotel.

We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,
Crystal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Budget Inn Troy
Budget Inn Troy
#7 of 9 in Troy
Holiday Inn Express Troy

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!