“A good place to stay. It is what it is.”

Red Roof Inn Uhrichsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uhrichsville
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Previously I submitted a review of the Uhrichsville, Ohio Best Western but since then I stayed there 5 more nights. I think a second review might be appropriate since I chose it again for a longer stay. This motel is what it is. An older motel that lacks the spacious rooms and other amenities found in newer motels and hotels. However, it counters with friendly service, clean rooms, and low rates. When I knew I had to be in the general Dover and New Philadelphia area for a week, I looked at several other motels in that area and ended up in Uhrichsville because I was paying for it myself.
Here are my deciding factors: 1. I rarely use the ‘other amenities’ that are lacking in Uhrichsville, 2. I was alone and the extra space in newer motels isn’t really important, 3. I am very partial to down and out rooms where my car is three steps away from me, and 4. I saved about $35 a night here over Dover/New Philadelphia and added only about 30 extra miles to my commute to where I needed to be. My SUV gets almost 30 mpg and a gallon of gas is less than $35 a gallon; therefore I saved money. Rooms are clean and comfortable and quiet and the staff friendly; I can live without what increases the price elsewhere. This motel is also a bit off the main road; enough to avoid traffic noise, at least in my room. So it is what it is. This motel has what matters most to me; a clean room and a good night’s sleep and a very short walk from car to bed.

Room Tip: You can park right at your door for downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed one night last weekend. Very clean, nice place for a stop over. It is older and showing a little wear, but kept up very nicely. Our room had the mini refrig and microwave which were fairly new. The bedding was clean and fresh, but was showing much use.
The furniture is also old, but comfortable chairs.The air conditioner/heater was newer and worked very well and was quite. It is outdoor access only, which we liked and no pool or exercise room which we dont use anyway. Basic breakfast, bagels, toast, cereal yogurt, hard boiled eggs. Nice breakfast room, tables set with cloth napkins, coffee cups and real silverware. Shower, toilet was in a sererate area from sink, closet-dressing area. Good for getting ready. Priced right, no complaints. Would stop again if in area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank zanadu2010
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is a fairly nice hotel, and I would say pretty decent for the price. The room was not exactly spotless when we checked in. There was a public hair on the toilet seat (which, ironically, was "sealed" with some kind of paper strip to prove to me that it was cleaned) when we checked in. There was also a rather large and obvious cobweb in one corner of the room... which stayed there for our entire visit. The sheets, which had a yellow stain on them (they were clean though, and the stain looked like food rather than something more gross), were never changed despite the fact that we stayed for multiple nights. The internet wasn't great, but did work well at odd hours. And there was no microwave in the room, but there was a pretty nice mini fridge. Also, even though the breakfast area is very nice, the food they offer isn't. It's not bad either. Just typical "starchy" crap. Donuts, bagels, etc...

On the upside, the hotel generally seemed well cared for. It smelled somewhat clean. No bugs. The bathroom was nice and I liked that you can close the sink/closet area off from the rest of the room, so that if you're up in the middle of the night you don't bother other people trying to sleep. The bed was comfortable enough. Despite my stained sheet, the bedding was actually pretty nice. The towels were pretty decent for standard hotel towels. And the TV was pretty good, even if it was one of those old tube TV's.

Despite the issues we had, I would probably stay here again. It wasn't that bad, and the price was okay. The town kind of sucks, but there's not much you can do about that.

Room Tip: Some rooms have microwaves, but not all. I'd check first if that's important to you. There...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is a fairly typical roadside motel from the 50s or 60s. The rooms are tiny and they do not have a pool or a fitness room like modern hotel/motels. My Queen Room was fine for me, but would have been crowded with two people. However, if amenities like a pool or fitness room are not what you want, this is a very nice place. If I visit this area again I would stay here again. The price is about right.
This is not a central hall layout, but rather an outside entry. I always ask for a down and out, so I have only 3 steps from door to car. If you are only there to sleep, that is great. Central hallways are often noisy. And if this is a one night stay, why would you want to carry things farther than three steps?
The work area is tight, but the Internet offers either wired or fast wireless connections. You must ask at the front desk for a user name/password; free.
Bathroom lighting is very nice, the bedroom lighting is adequate.
The air conditioner/heater worked OK, but I was surprised to have to run the A/C all night to keep the room cool while it was 28 degrees outside.
The room was spotless. The mattress was OK. Pillows were fine. The room was quiet. The hot water was very hot. The shower/tub was plenty large but the toilet area rather cramped.
I recommend this motel for anyone interested in a quick one night stay or anyone who really loves the old down and out convenience with your car right outside the door.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This may be a smaller hotel but the cleanliness and politeness of the staff were remarkable. We travel there every Oct. for a Cowboy Shooting Tornament and this year was great. It is so nice to feel comfortable and safe away from home. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My family & I stayed one night in the hotel passing through at the beginning of a long road trip. I'd found & booked them online & there were no unpleasant surprises when we arrived (arriving late due to traffic delays).

It was a little out of our way but well worth the few extra miles. The rate compared to other motels in many of the surrounding towns was a bargain. The staff, in person & on the phone were all very courteous & helpful even late at night.

Various restaurants nearby. We received a ground floor non smoking room & the room was a nice treat. The separate sink area was much larger than usual, more like a private dressing area with 2 small doors that closed it off from the sleeping area. All wood - doors & furniture was a light brown & matching which shows the extra effort to make it attractive. Room came with a microwave, dorm size fridge, coffee maker, 2 double beds, desk, table, 2 chairs & a recliner chair plus decent sized tv with cable. Clean & everything we could have possibly wanted. We spent a quiet, restful night.
A/C worked well, window curtains closed properly.

Of course at those rates there was no pool or lots of extra ammenties but as we were just passing through, wanting only a decent, low priced place to sleep for one night, that didn't matter. The rate did include a free continental breakfast the next morning but we needed more than juice, coffee, cold cereal & various breads/buns to sustain us so we passed on the breakfast. We much prefer the make your own waffle system that some hotels now have.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I arrived at 1:00 am...has a truck parking lot next door...from the outside at night it didnt look like the greatest place I had ever stayed but when I went inside I was quite suprised this place is really nice ...I would guess this place is at least 30+ years old but it is very well kept...rooms are very small but very nice ...the bed was as comfy as anyplace I have ever stayed..nice homestyle furnishings not your standard motel furniture....the thing that really caught my eye was the beautiful moldings and wood in the rooms...clean great people...comfy beds ...would stay here again if ever back in the area...I guess you cant judge a book by its cover....this is a top notch place hidden in a small freindly little town....also has a great restaurant next door...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Uhrichsville? Share your experiences!