“Small town feeling”
Review of Fountain Inn

Fountain Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Van Wert
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff, which is run by a mother, daughter and grand-daughter, made my stay a bearable one. They offered me daily passes to the local YMCA ($10 value), cooked a traditional meal for me, and were professional throughout.
Their rates are fair and affordable.
But because of their friendliness and helpfulness, I will come back here the next time I find myself in Van Wert, Ohio.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

These rooms are very clean and comfy. Ours had a microwave, fridge, and a vcr! This family run place is great. The outside is very neat and clean. There is wireless, but you have to ask. The lady that runs the place does all in her power to accommodate her guests. All this for a fantastic rate. Also in the downtown area. She gives out passes to the ymca, located right next door. Stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I come into Van Wert a few times a month for work, and Fountain Inn is the only place I stay at. The rooms are very clean and the owner is a very friendly person. She will go out of her way to make sure you have a good stay. There is also a YMCA across the street, and she will give you guest passes for the YMCA.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jth0840
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The tri-generational family that operates Fountain Inn are super-nice and really seek to make it a great stay - they offered to lend me an umbrella one day, swim goggles on another day, repeatedly invited me and my travel-companion to join in their meals (them and I are both vegetarian), etc.

Their rates are pocket-change, best in town and LOWER THAN ON THEIR WEBSITE, call them for better rates! They also offered a free YMCA pass (YMCA is directly across the street) and has a pool, gym and other amenities.

They are in the center of the town of Van Wert, Fountain Inn is probably the only hotel from which you can walk around the town without needing a car to get there.

The rooms are clean and meticulously tidied up daily; amenities are basic but include everything necessary for short-term living: private bathroom with shower+tub, fridge, microwave, cable TV, big comfortable bed with 3 pillows, chest of drawers, book shelf, 2 table + night-table and a place for hanging clothes on hangers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Fountain Inn is an excellent place to stay--we were able to swim at the Y, visit the beautiful library, and park. It is away from truck traffic. The management is very pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: we just wanted a economical nice clean room while we where travelling trough--nothing real fancy but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

the fountain inn was the best place we stayed at in a very long time.they were really friendly,clean rooms,they treated us like family,we need them to stay where there at..hey I cant write a lot,but what can u say when it don't cost u a arm and leg to stay there,and the people are really friendly and very helpful to u how many hotels can u say are that friendly.they even brought coffee to my husband and my sisters boyfriend the next day.

Room Tip: just go there,they are all great rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a great stay here, I needed a place to stay for the night that fitted my budget. The room was nice and clean, simple with nothing over the top, bed, bathroom and tv to keep me entertained, with clean sheets and towels. It was a very hot day and the air conditioner kept the room nice and cold. The staff was really nice and helpful. It was next to downtown and there happened to be a festival going on so I had a lot to do as well. Not sure if there was a pool, but they did have free wifi and also a nice sized fridge for my beer. The best part was that it was peaceful and quiet, so overall had a great stay, would definitely stay again when I visit my friend! :D

Room Tip: Not sure if there was a pool, but they did have free wifi and also a nice sized friend
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 3 in Decatur
Americas Best Value Inn Decatur

Been to Fountain Inn? Share your experiences!