“Why you don't want to stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vandalia
Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Why you don't want to stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked a room at this place for 4 nights. What a mistake. 1st of all it looks like it was built in the 20's and hasn't been updated. 2nd thing...when I arrived there was no one there to check me in. They where gone to take people to the airport. That's another thing...the planes take off about 1000 feet above you. Very Loud. And last but not least is the fact that they did not clean my room for 4 days. No new sheets or towels. I give this place an FFF-

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

On board after a good night. A rising property - clean, new renovations, memory foam bed, and quiet "scroll compressor" HVAC - next to airport entrance - no jet noise.

Ok - this review must be 200 characters - so this is filler

HRS

• Stayed September 2013
Arcanum, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Did not stay in the motel-only used for parking my car to go to nearby airport. I would not recommend this place. I was asked to park under a low hanging tree branch. I was concerned about it falling on my car but the staff said it would be ok. I should have asked for another spot. When I returned after my trip, the branch was on my car. If you stay here watch out for the trees and don't park in these spots. The dead limbs need to be trimmed and taken care of or don't ask customers to park in those spaces. Very unkept place.

Room Tip: Don't park under or near a tree!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Vandalia hotels

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Flight got cancel and went to hotels.com to book a room at a near by hotel. The hotel stunk, water was running in the walls and the bed was terrible. Did not notice this till the morning due to waiting stand by to get a flight out. Got pictures on how bad this hotel was. Called the front desk and no one would answere. Called hotels.com and person told they would call me back. Sent picture to the local health department on how bad this place was. After checking things out, took pictures of urine stain mattress holes in door and filty carpet that was in the room. AVOID THIS HOTEL. After discovery, we left this hotel. Just plain awefull.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Springfield, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stopped at this hotel because it was right across from a Crackle Barrel and close to I-70. I can't say the room was aweful, but it wouldn't have been my first choice if we had asked to look at the room first. We normally ask for a king sized bed, but all they had were queens. Both beds were very hard. The room could have used a much better cleaning. It's our fault that we didn't complain or ask for another room, but we were exhaused. The hotel is very old and definitely needs to be updated or at the very least, a new coat of paint. We make this trip a couple times each year. We'll know better next time.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a cut-price motel very close to the airport in Vandalia (Dayton International Airport) Ohio. It has off-airport parking and a 24-hour airport shuttle (which I did not use as I had a rental car).

A reviewer on another site almost two years ago found it dire and I was concerned - but it had vacancies during the Hamvention weekend when everything else was full.

I was very pleasantly surprised. My room was clean and had all the facilities I needed. The furniture and fittings were well-used but everything worked, and contary to the other review, all the staff that I talked to had perfectly adequate English and could not have been more friendly and helpful.

I shall definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmbryant
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

We spend a night at this hotel. Everything is very old and dirty. I think the owner just does not care about this property. The furniture is too old and should be at the junk yard. It smells like a second hand store. I would recommend anyone to avoid this place of horror. The indian guy who works there is doing everything he can, but one person's effort is just not good enough for this dump.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank travelwithfun77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vandalia
Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall

Been to Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport

Property: Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Address: 75 Corporate Center Drive, Vandalia, OH 45377 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn-Vandalia/Dayton Airport)
Region: United States > Ohio > Vandalia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vandalia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travel Lodge Vandalia