“Good Location and Free Shuttle” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport

Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vandalia
Orlando, Florida
“Good Location and Free Shuttle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Stayed here for the free shuttle to and from the airport. At the time we stayed it cost 3 dollars a day for parking while we were gone on our trip. The hotel was clean and felt safe. Not the best breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

This is an old, run down facility with a cramped lobby/breakfast area. Breakfast can be dry cereal, muffins, toast and fruit. Coffee and orange juice were available. No hot food.
I had a room on the third floor away from the Interstate to avoid traffic noise, but the room air conditioner rattled so loudly that it woke me a couple of times sounding like my alarm clock going off. However, except for some mildew around the shower the room was clean. There was a single-cup coffee maker in the room. The TV worked fine. As another poster mentioned, the hot and cold faucet control in the sink was reversed which caused me to think that there was no hot water.
Wireless Internet worked fine in my room and I also used the computer in the lobby during breakfast.
I was there during a major nationwide convention and paid far above the usual rate; about 50% more. For this amount I could have been in a motel a bit higher in the rating chain. I don't intend to stay here next year during the convention, but if this is in your price range it's acceptable.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
st.louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

it's an older hotel outside needs some attention. room was ok clean no oders no bugs. breakfast nothing special but ok donuts ceral coffee etc.

• Liked — drive thru check in
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
Thank kenSt.louis
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

I chose this motel because it advertised free in room high speed internet access. When I arrived no such access existed. When I complained I was told everything is working "It was checked in the AM" and that I had a crappy laptop. It so happens I have a great laptop and a special high power usb client. It turns out that the wireless routers were not even installed. I had to resort to parking my car in front of the office to use the wireless that was offered there.

In my room: the chain lock on the door was broken, the shower was cramped, but worked well with ample hot water, the faucet in the sink had the hot and cold reversed causing me to think the hot water was out. I managed to find a free outlet to charge my laptop and cell phone, although it was not what I would call accessible.

The light in the bathroom was not a quick start ballast, so it took a full two seconds to light. I originally thought it was broken until I decided to leave the fan on and then it finally lit up.

The bed was comfortable and I managed to drown out the sound of I75 by running the fan on the HVAC unit.

I also found the room to be noisy in the form of other guests slamming their doors and talking outside my room, but that is not Super 8's fault.

If you stay in this motel, call first to make sure everything is working, try to get a room in the back and on the second or third floor as it will be quieter there. Pool is small (outdoor) but will keep your kids occupied. Motel is walking distance to McDonalds, Waffle House, and a few other fast food places. Also close to Walmart and other shopping. Very close to the airport, and convenient to Hamvention. Hamvention folks can take the back way over to Shiloh Springs Mall via dog leg road and avoid the traffic.

To Super 8: it's all in the details, give me a desk or a lamp with an accessible outlet and and get the wireless working and I would not have taken the time to write this review.

• Liked — drive thru check in
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Vandalia hotels

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2005

This was probably my best experience ever at a Super 8. This location was formerly a Cross Country Inn, and the new owners have done well to keep the same general feel. Check-in was drive-thru. The rooms have the nice decor of a Cross Country. My room was suprisingly quiet for being very close to I-75. Plenty of TV channels to choose from and there was no bad odor in the room (a problem I have experienced frequently of late). My AAA rate for the room was under $30, really a steal. This is definitely a good place to stay if you need lodging on the north side of Dayton.

6 Thank UndercoverAngel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vandalia
Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North

Been to Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport? Share your experiences!