“Only do pick up carry out”
Review of Original Rib House

Original Rib House
Ranked #22 of 39 Restaurants in Vandalia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We only get the broasted chicken. We only call for carry out. We used to go there quite often even though we live in Huber Heights -- about 15 minutes away. The service the last 2 times we were there was none existent -- actually, the last time no waitress ever came to our table and we sat there for 15 minutes or more and as we were leaving, the manager or owner or whoever he was said that he would wait on use if we would stay -- he waited on us the time before because we couldn't get a waitress -- we left, went someplace else and have never been back to eat in.

2  Thank Linda S

Reviewed 4 January 2013

The price and value for your money. This is original not a chain and the ownere works hard to keep his original clientele. OH yes, the cocktails are good and value priced.

Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Most of the food here is packaged heat-and-serve. Think Sysco and GFS. Service is spotty. Disappointing, because this place used to be a local staple.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My son was so hungry from a trip across the country, he saw the word 'ribs' (he loves ribs of course), that we just have to stop here. We were hesistant to go in further since the place needs a lot of update, looks tired, and was empty (thought it was a closed establishment) at 5 pm. He ordered boneless ribs, I ordered apple pie, hubby ordered ham sandwich. No words could described my son's facial shocked while staring at this so-called boneless ribs on sticks!!! All 3 of us could not distinguised what kind of meat was used - it looked like grounded pressed of something... smothered with barbecue sauce. It was so disgusting, my sone just stared at it. Meanwhile, my so-called apple pie looked like the apples came from a can - stale and old. Hubby's sandwich looked OK (but who could make a mistake making a ham sandwich from a pre-cut deli!!!!) The only redeeming thing is our service. Our waitress was great - too bad she has to work in such a place. If it were not for her, we would have walked out.
Jake F was absolutely correct....hig price, dismal, old time atmosphere with food that sucks! Overall....B-A-D!

2  Thank npres
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Last weekend was my first time eating here. My son comes often and suggested it. He was leaving just as we were arriving by chance. He was waiting for his credit card to be returned. It seems the waitress took it for the check and left it laying somewhere. It took about 15-20 min. before she finally returned with it. He commented to me yesterday that there is a strange charge from Sears on his card this week and he hasn't been to Sears. I hope the two events aren't related.
So anyway, we've heard they have great steak and they had a filet mignon special so I ordered that. Unfortunately it was over an hour after we ordered before we ever saw that steak. Why the daily special would take over an hour is beyond me. The place wasn't that busy either.
When the food arrived it was very good. Good enough that I'll give this place another try in spite of the very long wait. My guess is the waitress never put our order in as we had the same waitress as my son.
Another couple had been seated at the table next to ours just before our food arrived. Their food arrived at the same time ours did. That's right, we wait an hour, they wait 5 min.
One other thing that concerned me. The mushrooms I ordered had a lot of pink on them. I couldn't figure out what it was so I asked the waitress. She had no clue. I asked her if she'd check with the kitchen and she huffed at me and left. She returned and said it was BBQ sauce from the tongs. Why would the kitchen be using the same tongs for meat as the mushrooms? I certainly hope they don't give someone food poisoning by handling meat and cooked foods with the same tongs.
Perhaps my delay was in the kitchen after all. If they don't know the basic rules of not mixing meat tools with non-meat tools perhaps they can't get the special out on time either.

1  Thank cdsJerry