“Good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vermilion
Yuma, AZ
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my son overnight after a day of fishing on Lake Erie. Very convenient location near town and marina. The room was clean, good size, comfortable, and staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if staying in Vermilion.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Usually, I find Holiday Inn Express locations to be adequate, clean places...but this place is super! The staff is quite friendly, and the location is convenient...with a large field behind it that just screams Ohio! The pool and hottub have lifts for the folks that need such, and the breakfast has hot and cold components.
Great stop.
Thanks, Y'all!

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the field. :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice and everything was updated! The hotel was surprisingly quiet! The rooms were very clean! Breakfast was good. Pancake machine was cool. The mattress was the hardest most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Amy L
Toledo, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Four of us stayed for the best part of a week. I am not big on the morning continental breakfast deal but my kids liked it. The room was okay and the people friendly. Access was easy as was parking. I will likely stay there again however, I think the price was certainly high for what you got. I'd call it a fairly low dollar to value ratio. I think they are likely skinning Cedar Point travelers (which we weren't). If traveling through again, I'd check price first then make a decision based on that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Texaque
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Texaque,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
burlington, NJ
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My sister and I stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels during our trip around Ohio this August. This was the best location. When we arrived to check in with our preferred member status, we received 3 grab bag options for snacks and 2 bottles of water - along with fresh cookies at the front counter. Each day we received the USA Today paper at our door when we left the room. The breakfast was excellent (as usual for a Holiday Inn Express) but what made this one great was that the staff member was wearing gloves when working around the food and she really did well with keeping everything stocked. For example, I made a comment about grabbing the last butter and asked my sister if she wanted to share it - the woman servicing the area came right over and said "I have plenty of butter!" and handed us more and restocked the area quickly. That was service above and beyond what I expected. The trash cans were emptied often (another small gripe I usually have at hotel breakfast areas) and the counter tops were clean and well maintained. Overall, above the standard. This was a Holiday Inn that was really worth the value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I am usually pleased with my stays at Holiday Inns ---- not this time. The carpet in my room was dark and deeply stained; the single chair was uncomfortable and its cloth seat was also stained; the bed sheets did not have the usual bright-white-look of most Holiday Inns; and the wi-fi did not work in my room. Yes, the staff was friendly (as other reviewers have mentioned), but my first priorities are comfort and cleanliness. Here, the Holiday Inn chain simply failed. My stay was for one night, in mid-August, on my way to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The other Holiday Inns that I stayed at on this trip were far better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Joyce S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Joyce S,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Everything a business traveler passing through the area needs. Easy access to several highways and the turnpike. This location is very quiet and peaceful. There are some families due to the proximity to Cedar Point but they were no issue to me. The room was very clean and the AC pumped out frigid air. Wifi worked very well even at the farthest room from the lobby. Shower had a bountiful supply of hot water. Complimentary breakfast was better than average for this chain. The service personnel were outstanding. EEEEzy check in and out, an attendant to ensure the breakfast was fresh and the area clean. A bottle of water and USAtoday completed the generosity! Stay with no concerns!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vermilion
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#5 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vermillion? Share your experiences!