Holiday Inn Express Vermillion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vermilion
Reviewed 12 May 2009

A friend and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel 29/30 April and again 8th May. I had had a difficult flight from England, and missed my flight from CVG to Cleveland because of Delta staffing problems, which meant a 5 hour delay. It was a huge pleasure to get to the hotel lateish on in the evening, and to find a beautifully equipped bedroom, and a wonderful shower with bathtub. The staff were kindness itself, and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2008

This was a last minute weekend trip to Put-In-Bay & Cedar Point. We wanted to stay closer to the park but didn't want to pay too much and wanted something clean, quiet and comfortable.
After reading other reviews, I knew this would be a good choice and it was.

Located about 20 minutes (give or take) East of Cedar Point off Hwy 2, the Holiday Inn Express in Vermillion is definitely quiet. I was fortunate to book two double rooms the night before our arrival, right next to each other but not adjoining, as the hotel was almost sold out.

The staff was very friendly and check-in went smoothly. The front desk clerk was helpful with questions we had and was able to separate out the reservations I made for my family and my parents so that we could pay separately and still get our respective reward points.

The hotel is kept up well and has the standard Holiday Inn Express decor - not brand new but not shabby either. The room was very clean, especially the bathroom and shower. The soft and firm distinction on the pillows was nice. However, the beds were a little hard (my only complaint). As suggested by the instructions, keeping the air conditioner on low did cool the room. So much so, I had to get up and turn the temperature up because I was too cold.

We did have the complimentary breakfast. The staff did keep it well stocked with fresh food. It is a small area compared to other Holiday Inn Express' I've stayed in but the conference area had been opened up with additional tables and a TV. It was definitely popular and busy as it was a summer weekend filled with many families heading to Cedar Point. Still the food was fine, fresh and the area clean.

My two young daughters did manage to get me to the indoor pool. The water was a little cool but once in the pool it was fine and was clean and not overly chlorinated. In fact, while we were playing in the pool, the "pool boy" came and tested the water - which made me feel better. Housekeeping also came and put out many fresh pool towels.

Overall our stay was good and I would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2008

WOW! A great hotel in a very quaint little town. The room was spotless along with all the common areas and pool. Free breakfast was a great plus and was always well stocked and cleaned up often. The room was spotless with very comfortable beds and a HUGE bathroom. It was an easy 25 minute drive to Cedar Point and with using the "back entrance" we beat all the Sandusky traffic. Vermillion was a great town with a festival going on while we were there and some great resturants. Ask the front desk staff for a recommendation, they sent us to a great little mexican place that was cheap with great food! I was concerned about being a little bit away from Cedar Point but after seeing the gross hotels down there I was really glad we chose this property!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Cedar Point--from the reviews on this site, we gathered that Sandusky's hotels were not in our budget or too near train tracks! We found this hotel to be as nice as other members stated. The staff was very accomodating, and the hotel was QUIET, QUIET, QUIET. We stayed three nights and never had our sleep disturbed. There is no elevator, but the stairs are broad with a landing.

This hotel was very clean, and the desk clerks were often busy straightening the lobby and offering fresh cookies.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 June 2008

We stopped in Vermilion as an overnight stopover on a trip to Chicago and to visit the Inland Seas Maritime Museum and booked our room there based on reviews we saw here.

I could easily be convinced that this hotel had just been built within the last year, yet the desk clerk told us it was about 12 years old.

Regardless it was very clean and the room was perfect.

The only negative is that they do need an elevator, especially if one is schlepping a lot of bags to ones room.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 December 2007

We stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving holidays, while we were visiting family in Vermilion. We were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and and the overall maintenance of the property. The rooms were simple and spacious. Everything was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful with our request for late check-out. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LTT_Atlanta
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This was our best stay ever. My husband had just had a procedure done at Cleveland Clinic and needed to be able to lay down and sleep. I had called and booked in advance and let the staff know we needed an early check in.

Our registration was fast and efficient, our room was awesome and my husband was able to go right to sleep! That rarely happens! They were so kind and offered help if I needed it, gave me directions to go grab some dinner etc. Our room was immaculate and incredibly quiet.

The entire hotel is spotless and their staff are terrific. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wizardslady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vermilion
13 mi away
Best Western Norwalk
#1 of 3 in Norwalk
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Comfort Inn River's Edge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vermillion? Share your experiences!