“Experience This Place!”

Chez Francois Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Francois Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Vermilion
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ferry St.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a wonderful meal here, from enjoying the ambiance, the service, and especially the food. We had salmon and snapper, both prepared in ways unfamiliarity to us, both scrumptious. Visits by the owner were an extra bene. Anyone who loves good food and a good dining experience should find their way to Vermilon Ohio and Chez Francois!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food and service was excellent. Server was very helpful with recommendations. The atmosphere is great for a special occasion. We dined inside but you could still see the activity on the lake. The owner even stopped over to chat with us make sure everything was satisfactory.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We entertained some friends for a wonderful dinner at Chez's outside patio. The service, menu , wine list and food were fantastic. Great restaurant for a special occasion... We will be back..

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came to Vermilion on our sailboat and tied up along the Vermilion River. On the second evening we (my wife and me and our 17yo grandson) walked the half mile to Chez Francois just down the river. We had made reservations for their less formal Riverfront Cafe on a deck overlooking the Vermilion River - comfortable in shorts and shirtsleeves. The drinks, food, and service was great and when a 17 yo sits through a several hour meal, enjoys himself, does not inhale his food, does not touch his cell phone and talks to friends and family for days afterward about his wonderful gastronomic experience, you know the restaurant is a winner. We had a fun conversation about the cost of the dinner and how we could buy one of the great houses across the river. After dinner there was a light rain falling and with the restaurant’s help we caught a water taxi back to our boat. This is our 4th visit to Chez Francois in the past 13 years (all by boat) with similar results. Expensive, yes; worth it, yes.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chez Francios has been my "special occasion" restaurant for a few years, mostly for my birthday. I am glad to say that, to keep me coming back, it has been pretty exceptional; this time it was not. We sat outside this time; a much less formal atmosphere than inside. We liked it, though; a beautiful setting. The service was OK, the counterpart to our main watress was robotic and seemed affected. My father and I both had the soft shelled crab appetizer; the crabs were tiny and soggy. The little micro-green garnish was withered to an indistinguishable blob. We were not asked how the appetizers were; I told the waiter when he came to clear that they were not good. The main courses were OK; my rack of lamb was of exceptional quality and cooked to the perfect temperature. My criticism is that the dish was bland.
My companions both had veal dishes of different preparations; they said their dishes were not refined and were OK. Certainly not of the standard we have come to expect. All in all, a very disappointing experience and probably will stay on the east side of cleveland from now on.