“Amazing flavor in the Goulash”

Old Prague Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 44 Restaurants in Vermilion
Cuisines: Czech, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marco Island, Florida
“Amazing flavor in the Goulash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Delightfully decorated restaurant. Felt like I was in Prague with so much culture and photos everywhere. Delightful service. The goulash was so delicious! Enjoyed the dumplings with it as every drop of the sauce was too good to leave on the plate. Crisp romaine lettuce with a favorite poppy seed dressing started my meal. There was a chicken special that the owner sent to the table. It too was delicious and tempting. Suggest if you want a pairing of a Czech beer, find one to share.... The bottles are twice what I can consume even as tasty as it was. Ask for the strudel to be warmed in the oven when you start your entree.... The flaky crust is enhanced in the oven but not in a microwave. Enjoy this special restaurant and it's fare and the charming town of Vermilion.. Both worth a drive to reach!

• Visited July 2014

Louisville, KY
“new experience for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by family as we were in town for a 4th of July family gathering. He told us it was where his grandmother always took him after he had worked preparing her lake house each spring. We knew then we had to go and check it out. Yes, it is very outdated and dark BUT the food was wonderful, even my vegetarian husband found something he could eat. Our waitress was very informative and attentive, her beer and food recommendations suited us well. The music was dated from the 70's but then it was songs we all knew and a few had even been played at our wedding! Ended the evening by walking down the hill to see a gorgeous sunset and fireworks on the lake. Looking forward to the next gathering so we can eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We took a larger party to Old Prague on Mother's Day. We had reservations and were seated right away. The waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. We had a significant wait time for our food, but we enjoyed the music being played but the cute, little lady. Once our food arrived it was delicious and clearly home made. The finishing touch was a beautiful red rose given to each mother in our party. It was definitely an enjoyable experience!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AJIandKMI
Ironton, Ohio
“Funeral parlor atmosphere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Terrible in all aspects of a dining experience. Food was bland, Organ music in the background was excruciating. Totally outdated in furnishings. We felt like we wasted one of our few vacation evenings there. Disappointed in every way.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth the Drive to Vermilion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was in Vermilion, OH for a wedding recently and I was happy to discover such a unique restaurant in such a small town. I spent a summer in Prague once and because of the name, I was drawn towards Old Prague.

With the decor and menu selection, it definitely took me back to Prague. Not only do they have the best Czech and Slovak beer, the prices are unbeatable. Only $4.95 for a half liter of Staropramen is incredibly fair. Other great beers include but are not limited to Czechvar, Wild Pheasant (Slovak), and Pilsner Urquell.

My friend an I showed up only about 45 minutes before they closed so we did not order any food, just a tried a few different beers. Their hours seem typical for a small town. Other than having an excellent decor and beer selection, the staff was very friendly and easy to talk to.

If I were anywhere near Cleveland or Sandusky, I think it would be worth the trip to stop by again.

• Visited September 2013