“3rd visit, still love it!”

Wagon Trails Animal Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“3rd visit, still love it!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I have been rescuing animals for over 13 years and typically find fault with any facility that has animals because the main driving force is always money..... BUT this place I love! I have been here three times and will be back! The animals are well cared for, staff are friendly and knowledgable ... And hello there are animals!! :))

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Christinepitt
Christine B, Manager at Wagon Trails Animal Park, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for your review and your repeat visits. Your kind words mean alot as we are family owned and operated. We love our animals. Glad to see that it shows. Hope to see you again soon!

Toledo, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to spend an afternoon.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family drove 3 hours and stayed overnight in warren to visit this park. The petting zoo was fun, but small. The goats were favored by me and my boys (20) and (11). The camel which is the first animal you see in the petting zoo was docile and friendly and I twigged his ear for a long time before he decided he'd had enough.
The goats have a ramp they can climb and get on a roof where you can buy food and send up on a crank pulley system. My 11 year old enjoyed that.
Soon our color was called and we hiked up to the dock to load. If you have trouble walking you can be driven from the main gift shop/office area right up to the dock.
Once on the truck u are given a bucket of pellets to feed the animals. I took extra money planning on buying bucket after bucket. Didn't have to. The animals weren't so hungry around 2pm so they weren't too aggressive.
The first stop was the best. Camels, cows, deer.... Maybe others came a running as soon as they saw the truck. The second stop was good as well. The fish stop was pretty uninteresting. I think most of the truck felt this way but we checked them out. The bison stop was ok. There were some llamas and alpacas hanging around but the big guys spooked them and they took off. Booo bison. They were much stinkier than the other animals. Don't know why.
I believe the last stop was the zebra and ostrich stop. The ostrich's were friendly but the zebras were antisocial. That was a let down. I wanted to pet a zebra but the buggers bite.
My 20 year old giggled the entire time and got lots of selfies. The 11 year old at one point screamed "this is awesome" but later seemed let down. So I think it was a winner overall.
The grounds were clean and the animals seem happy and loved. You can tell they are important to the family that cares for them.
At the end of the day I got to spend an afternoon giggling with my boys. I'd recommend wagon trails to anyone in the area. Go make some memories.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Raye-Lynn7
What a wonderfully detailed review! Thanks so much for taking time to write. We really appreciate it. Come back to see us soon!
London, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Gaping mouths, squishy noses and wet tongues”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a real fun outing for kids and adults alike.

You set out in armed with a plastic bucket filled with food pellets. You ride in a truck with wooden seats with the area above and below the seats open.

The driver of the vehicle gives a commentary about the animals that are approaching the vehicle and those a little further out.

The animals are really used to the vehicles as they quickly surround the now stopped vehicle and this is when the fun and squeals of delight and sometimes surprise from children and adults alike begin.

Whether they are camels or long horned cattle they just open their mouths and you pour handfuls of food down their gullets and occasionally getting their squishy wet noses on your hand.

There are also squeals of surprise as long tongues sweep the fallen pellets of food from the floor sometimes catching the ankles of unsuspecting passengers.

The vehicle moves on making numerous stops to allow people to pour yet more food down the open mouths of the animals.

Obviously the pellets are quite quickly used up but fortunately the driver just by some stroke of luck has brought more pellets along which can be purchased for a small sum.

This is a real fun ride and so would recommend it to everyone. This was my second visit and I would not object to going again.

There is also a small petting zoo which you can walk around but the ride is the main event and you would not miss much if you did not have time to go around this area.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank KeithHAR
Christine B, Manager at Wagon Trails Animal Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for your descriptive review. It sounds like you had a great time! Come and see us again soon. The animals will be waiting for you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing time with the whole family! The petting zoo was kinda boring and small but the safari ride was fantastic! Definitely going back. Kids loved it

3 Thank Russell S
Christine B, Manager at Wagon Trails Animal Park, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
We are glad you had a great time. The safari ride is second to none!. We are always making improvements to our petting zoo. We added "goats on a roof" this year. But yeah, the safari is tops. Hope you come back to see us again soon. Thanks for your review.
cleveland,ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Such a FUN Experience!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This animal park exceeded my expectations. There was close parking. Easy to get your tickets but remember cash only (they do have an atm there).The actual wagons were very easy to enter and the seats were positioned so you could walk around, once the wagon stopped. Our guide was Joanie and she really shared her knowledge of the animals and made extra efforts to point out the babies. She stopped the wagon and gave us time to take pictures. And believe me, You will take ALOT of pictures. And when we first rounded the corner we were shocked to see that there were so many animals.The animals were so active. They all looked so healthy. They all came right up to the wagon. It was so fun feeding them and being able to actually touch them! I just couldn't believe how big the buffalo were and their heads were right next to us! After our visit I realized I never even noticed an animal odor. All the animal areas were so clean.The petting zoo area was fun too. And again, the animals there were active. Their areas were very clean also. There are plenty of picnic tables and benches to sit on while enjoying the animals. Every day since our visit, thinking about it just makes me smile. Definitely a fun adventure that everyone should get to enjoy. We will definitely be going back and bringing more of our family and friends.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank missysissy
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It means a lot to us. Glad that you had such a great day. Hope you will come back and see us soon.

Been to Wagon Trails Animal Park? Share your experiences!