“Excellent overall”

The Galaxy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Galaxy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-76 and Rt. 94 (Exit #9)
Description: Northeast Ohio's most unique restaurant and banquet facility. At The Galaxy Restaurant you will find a multitude of dining options including our Main Dining Room, the cozy Wine Room at the Galaxy, the exciting Galaxy Sports Bar & Patio, the elegant Galaxy Banquet Center, and the gourmet Galaxy Cafe' Market. Only the Galaxy Restaurant can provide such an array of fresh foods with the type of service that you expect. From elegant weddings to an intimate dinner for two, our philosophy of providing the best food in a unique atmosphere with uncompromising service stands true.
Akron, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent overall”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me & my boyfriend came for dinner this past Wednesday, we had a late reservation (8pm) so the restaurant was not busy, which I think this was a plus because we received exceptional service. We dined at the wine room, our waitress, Gary, recommended excellent wines. We had a wine flight trio with a Riesling, a cab, and a chateaux. As appetizers we had the mussels, that were good, and the fried oysters, which were fried- I thought they would be more plump, less breaded, but they were still tasty. For main course my boyfriend had the 16oz prime rib, cooked medium, and finished the whole thing. It was huge. Gary recommended an amazing pasta dish for me, I don't even know what it was called but it had linguini, jumbo shrimp & scallops, anchovies, mushroom & some tomato paste or sun dried, not sure, but it was insane, and I got to eat it for lunch next day too! As a dessert we had kind of like a German chocolate pie; it had chocolate, coconut, & nuts... Delicious, can't wait to come back!

I almost forgot; the decor is extremely nice, a little too dimly lit to my taste, but I think that of most fine dining restaurants. Beautiful decor!

• Visited July 2014

“Far Out”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Galaxy is really nice. They have a wonderful terrace/patio area with a small waterfall and bar. The interior boasts a bar area as well as a restaurant/entertainment area. Overall, the food was pretty good and the atmosphere.

Visited May 2014
Columbus, OH
“Won't be back in future”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Visited with a party of ten celebrating a birthday and anniversary for a family member. Had to request multiple times small items-- lemon for water, etc. including multiple requests to receive bread as several had mussels as an appetizer and wished to have for dipping of broth. Came out after completed eating them. Ordered prime rib served rare. If they were out of rare (or even medium rare) would have liked to have been advised as I'd have ordered a different entree. Instead it came out medium well to well. My husband ordered a Cowboy Steak and his MR was closer to medium well and rather than a nice marbling of fat as found in a good ribeye it was tough and grissly. In restaurant's defense we did not send these items back or complain however the restaurant was not full and while the manager or owner found time to visit with several tables he knew never once stopped to check on our party. Very disappointing as my husband had dined there several times in the past and had been happy but there are far too many choices for dining and we will be taking our future reservations elsewhere as we found not a good experience.

• Visited June 2014
GalaxyRestaurant, Owner at The Galaxy Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Please accept our apologies for the dining experience you described in your posting. We noticed that your review was during the month of June so we may not be able to identify who provided service to your table, unless you provide us a date. None the less, we will do additional training with the staff to ensure attention to detail is taking place. We hope that you will visit the Galaxy in the future, as you had indicated that your husband visited several times in the past and was happy. We do take pride in our good food and service, as referenced by the numerous compliments we receive. We want nothing more than to have a chance to provide the good food and service that you deserve.
Akron, Ohio
“It was ok”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I got the chicken tenders. They were okay. I liked the service though. The service was good. The people were nice but food ehh its alright

Visited June 2014
Windsor, Canada
“great food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very much enjoyed our dinner here. We ate inside but there was a patio with live music as well. Located right between the Comfort Inn and Suites and the Holiday Inn

Visited June 2014