“SOH (SLICE OF HEAVEN)”

The Wallhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 17 April 2014

An experiance that I have never had before. Luxury in high grear. I could have dropped DEAD. when I walked into the hotel it was how I imagined parts of heaven would be. Oh and the floors glitter. I love glitter. When we walk into our suit to find all the pleasantries and quality you could want and the balcony view was a dead ringer. If you think that just because it sits in the wrong city you are so closed minded... this is the shock value. I loved the whole entire short visit, and that is just on the building. Now to review the Staff.. it would be hard to rate them individually becuase all of you took care of us better than a lot of mothers would. It was genuine too. Not forced make me smile thing but a labor of love. It was like they loved coming to work today. Everyone was gracious, generous, tender in mercy (husband has disability) and a heart of a servant. Let me tell you workers like that aren't trained to be like that that is who they are they honor God, themself and their employers by giving of themselves their very best. I had to check my heart and motives about my work ethics after seeing a team of people work as they did. I used to manage people and services and believe me this hotel brought high shining gem stones to their hotel... you don't have to worry about the type of service you get there. I got the top of the line and NY or LA needs to send their employees to see this phenominonal display of service. The room managers/maids, the clerks, the hotel manager, the night clerk you came up with an idea to help me with my aches and pains at 1 am by opening up the hot tub for me, the breakfast lady who was concerned that my husband did not make it down to breakfast and told me i could fixed him a plate to take up to him so he could eat when he got up. thank you all you made a difference each and everyone of you were seen for you tallents.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2014

A group of ladies from my church attended a retreat and the coordinator booked 11 rooms here since the other hotel in town was full. What a stroke of good luck for us! I was impressed with the spacious room, décor, cleanliness, and the comfortable bed. The large shower in the bathroom was exceptional. We even had a small balcony that overlooked the beautiful Ohio country side. The desk staff bent over backwards to accommodate each guest. The breakfast was good, there were snacks during the day and the lobby area was kept clean. There is a lot of attention to detail. The only minor complaint I had was the toilet tissue and tissues in the bathrooms were very rough. No complaints at all from our group; we loved this place and hope to stay there the next time.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. no traffic noise and the view is great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Karen T, Director of Operations at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Good Afternoon and Thank You for your detailed review. We like to hear what you, our guest appreciated about your stay and if anything wasn't above expectations. As you mentioned an issue with our toilet and facial tissues, we wanted to let you know we changed our supplier and are now very happy with the new product. Our staff look forward to your next stay and hope to receive your full approval.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

When you walk in the Wallhouse Hotel, the first thing you will do is take a step back and say WOW... The hotel is like a breath of fresh modern air mixed with a warm casual country breeze, The whole staff is incredible. they handled everything with class and a smile. Try the fresh brewed coffee which is wallhouse brand and after one cup you will think you're Juan valdez..or sip on their fresh ice cold water with a splash of fruit very refreshing.the rooms are big with wonderful amenities as internet or cable , a bed that will gobble you with comfort till you fall asleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim l
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was seriously impressed with this hotel.

My Premium Corner Suite was stunning with a kitchenette, gorgeous bathroom, living room and bedroom alcove.

The service was efficient and friendly. The only issue was that someone else was checked into my room just after I'd moved in. When the door opened we all got a shock!

The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The TV is located so you can watch it from bed or from the lounge.

The shower was a fabulous walk-in with stonework tiles.

The kitchenette had a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker and an eating/working bench.

There free onsite parking and it's within walking distance to the famous Der Dutchman Restaurant.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Wallhouse Hotel as part of your US Experience. I'm glad you enjoyed the spacious suite and our wonderful amenities. I apologize for the inconvenience of the room mix-up and am grateful everything was taken care of in a timely manner. Even though we try our utmost to have everything run perfectly, we make mistakes sometimes. Thank you for understanding and giving us such a high recommendation.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Absolutely an outstanding experience every time. I am a frequent guest and they continue to go above and beyond. The rooms are always spotless. Beds very comfortable and my unique preferences are in my room every time (extra blanket and 2 gatorades). They have a quality breakfast and you are hard pressed to find a Guest services team on the level of the Wallhouse. They definitely match the Ladies and Gentleman of the Ritz Carlton. Their gorgeous patio with gas fire pits was lovely on the warm day. I see many comments on here regarding the contemporary style and the location in Amish country. As the area moves forward, it will become harder to find a TRUE AND GENUINE Amish experience. Much of what travelers think is Amish is just a show, a façade. For me, the service and cleanliness is my priority. Kala, Leon and all the staff never lt me down.

Room Tip: Absolutely an outstanding experience every time. I am a frequent guest and they continue to go abov...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is so refreshing to have a quality, upscale hotel in the area that is not the typical Holmes County lodging establishment. This hotel has a modern flair that doesn't trap you in a room with oak furniture and a quilt bed cover. Not that oak and quilts are bad, they are everywhere in Holmes County - except here! I had a fantastic Valentine's Day weekend at the Wallhouse. I was able to view Holmes County's charm elsewhere, but returned to a clean, modern facility to relax. Thank you, Wallhouse!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom was large and loved the large shower. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Would definitely recommend to others. Would stay here again - totally satisfied!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Wallhouse Hotel and giving us such a shining review. We are delighted you had a great experience! We are constantly striving to improve things we think might not be perfect, so to have you benefit from it, is our pleasure. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#4 of 5 in Berlin
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Wallhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!