“A very Scandinavian hotel in Amish country.”

The Wallhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Piqua, Ohio
“A very Scandinavian hotel in Amish country.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel reminds us of similar decor in Sweden and Norway. One of the cleanest motels we have stayed at, and we have been all over the world. We like the 2 queen corner rooms. The breakfast was very good. As I mentioned, the decor is very modern, but warm. Some contemporary furnishings end up looking a bit cold, but this decor is clean and warm.

The fire pit outside was very enjoyable. Perfect weather and a perfect evening. We will be back some day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank olger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Jacksonville, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I simply cannot say enough good things about the Wallhouse Hotel. My husband were fortunate enough to stay four nights in the Wallhouse. When I first booked the hotel, I was only able to book for one night because they were full the other three nights. I emailed them to ask that they call me in case they had a vacancy to come available. I went ahead and booked the other three nights at the Berlin Grand Hotel (which, I am sure, is a nice hotel, too). After our first night at the Wallhouse, we received a call from the manager, Leon Troyer, saying that they had a cancellation. We were thrilled to be able to stay three more nights. This hotel is perfect from the people that work here to the décor. Let me start with the people. Leon Troyer is the best hotel manager that I have ever encountered. He is so personable and friendly, greeting people in the lobby and doing his best to make you feel special. All of the girls who work the desk are so friendly and helpful, ready to make suggestions on things to do in the area. We even had a chance meeting with one of the housekeepers, Josie. She was so sweet and suggested her favorite place for lunch, Rebecca's Café (which was wonderful). Now, I will tell you about the rooms. We stayed in a King Vista view room on the top floor. It was modern, looked new, and very clean. The décor of grays, black and a touch of lime green was beautiful. The room itself is large with a couch and a kitchenette area with a bar, barstools, microwave, refrigerator and bar sink. The bathroom is nice with a large walk-in shower. The free breakfast was a lot to choose from. I love that they had a big pot of hot oatmeal and toppings. I love oatmeal and most hotels just have the instant packets. They also had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, homemade bread, cereal and other things. To sum it up, I really couldn't find anything that I didn't like about this hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area! I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! Loved it!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 514. It had a beautiful view of the rolling hills.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lkbarber
Karen T, Director of Operations at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Good Evening and thank you so much for your comprehensive review. We are so glad you were able to enjoy more time with us and experience everything from our friendly staff, the rooms with their superb amenities, and the extensive breakfast selections. Josie with her sweet spirit and the rest of the Wallhouse staff look forward to hosting you in the future.
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is simply amazing...a real treat. The decor is so striking and the whole place is immaculate. All the staff is SUPER friendly..Hats off to the director Leon Troyer. He is excellent at his job and always went out of his way to make sure our stay was top notch.. I love this place and will come back as often as I can. i have stayed there 3 times so far and am looking forward to our next stay....hopefully real soon. Please keep the personal charm. It truly is a Home away from Home. Very nice, relaxing getaway!!!
Thanks to the WHOLE staff! We WILL be back! Save my room! :)))

Kathie Meland

Room Tip: I stayed in the same suite all three times and loved it.. I don't think there is a bad room or...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 17 April 2014

An experiance that I have never had before. Luxury in high grear. I could have dropped DEAD. when I walked into the hotel it was how I imagined parts of heaven would be. Oh and the floors glitter. I love glitter. When we walk into our suit to find all the pleasantries and quality you could want and the balcony view was a dead ringer. If you think that just because it sits in the wrong city you are so closed minded... this is the shock value. I loved the whole entire short visit, and that is just on the building. Now to review the Staff.. it would be hard to rate them individually becuase all of you took care of us better than a lot of mothers would. It was genuine too. Not forced make me smile thing but a labor of love. It was like they loved coming to work today. Everyone was gracious, generous, tender in mercy (husband has disability) and a heart of a servant. Let me tell you workers like that aren't trained to be like that that is who they are they honor God, themself and their employers by giving of themselves their very best. I had to check my heart and motives about my work ethics after seeing a team of people work as they did. I used to manage people and services and believe me this hotel brought high shining gem stones to their hotel... you don't have to worry about the type of service you get there. I got the top of the line and NY or LA needs to send their employees to see this phenominonal display of service. The room managers/maids, the clerks, the hotel manager, the night clerk you came up with an idea to help me with my aches and pains at 1 am by opening up the hot tub for me, the breakfast lady who was concerned that my husband did not make it down to breakfast and told me i could fixed him a plate to take up to him so he could eat when he got up. thank you all you made a difference each and everyone of you were seen for you tallents.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2014

A group of ladies from my church attended a retreat and the coordinator booked 11 rooms here since the other hotel in town was full. What a stroke of good luck for us! I was impressed with the spacious room, décor, cleanliness, and the comfortable bed. The large shower in the bathroom was exceptional. We even had a small balcony that overlooked the beautiful Ohio country side. The desk staff bent over backwards to accommodate each guest. The breakfast was good, there were snacks during the day and the lobby area was kept clean. There is a lot of attention to detail. The only minor complaint I had was the toilet tissue and tissues in the bathrooms were very rough. No complaints at all from our group; we loved this place and hope to stay there the next time.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. no traffic noise and the view is great
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Karen T, Director of Operations at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Good Afternoon and Thank You for your detailed review. We like to hear what you, our guest appreciated about your stay and if anything wasn't above expectations. As you mentioned an issue with our toilet and facial tissues, we wanted to let you know we changed our supplier and are now very happy with the new product. Our staff look forward to your next stay and hope to receive your full approval.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

When you walk in the Wallhouse Hotel, the first thing you will do is take a step back and say WOW... The hotel is like a breath of fresh modern air mixed with a warm casual country breeze, The whole staff is incredible. they handled everything with class and a smile. Try the fresh brewed coffee which is wallhouse brand and after one cup you will think you're Juan valdez..or sip on their fresh ice cold water with a splash of fruit very refreshing.the rooms are big with wonderful amenities as internet or cable , a bed that will gobble you with comfort till you fall asleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jim l
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was seriously impressed with this hotel.

My Premium Corner Suite was stunning with a kitchenette, gorgeous bathroom, living room and bedroom alcove.

The service was efficient and friendly. The only issue was that someone else was checked into my room just after I'd moved in. When the door opened we all got a shock!

The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The TV is located so you can watch it from bed or from the lounge.

The shower was a fabulous walk-in with stonework tiles.

The kitchenette had a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker and an eating/working bench.

There free onsite parking and it's within walking distance to the famous Der Dutchman Restaurant.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Wallhouse Hotel as part of your US Experience. I'm glad you enjoyed the spacious suite and our wonderful amenities. I apologize for the inconvenience of the room mix-up and am grateful everything was taken care of in a timely manner. Even though we try our utmost to have everything run perfectly, we make mistakes sometimes. Thank you for understanding and giving us such a high recommendation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Holmes with a View
Holmes with a View
#4 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Wallhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!