“Look no further! This is where you want to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My first stay certainly will not be my last. I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews and I was not disappointed.
It's located in a central area with lots of shopping and food choices. The location was convenient, but that isn't the reason for my praise.
When you pull into the parking lot you find a plain hotel front. You will be surprised at how big it is when you walk in. It really opens up when you walk thru the doors. In addition the decor was surprisingly updated and elegant.
The front desk staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. I was offered a beverage while checking in and was informed that they were able to grant my prior request for a third floor room. I was then informed that there would be a complimentary dinner for all guests from 6-8pm. I was traveling with my 20 year old son and my 11 year old. We enivitably decided to go out to dinner.
Our room was on the small side. Two queen beds and a bathroom and that was it. We were only staying for one night, so the size wasn't an issue. It was immaculately clean. This truly impressed me. As far as the room goes I truly have no complaints. If I were pushed to make a critical assessment I would say that the A/C unit was disappointing. It worked fine. It is one of the older units that is horizontally placed below the window. There is no thermostat, it's controlled with a dial on the unit itself. But with a room this small the one who gets the bed inches from the unit is freezing to make sure the other part of the room is comfortable. I got stuck in that bed. I was turning it off and on all night. I'm sleepy today.
We returned and enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. I have to say that the pool area was incredibly clean. You can see the outside patio area while in the pool room. It was filled with people enjoying the complimentary dinner and happy hour.
This may seem silly but I want to mention it anyway. When I took a shower I felt squeaky clean afterwards. The water pressure in that shower was delightful!!! I can't stress that enough.
After my 10 year old realized that we forgot his comb I sent him to the front desk. There was mention that if we forgot anything just to ask. He came back with his new comb and some chocolate chip cookies.
There is a breakfast offered in the mornings that everyone raves about but I slept thru that due the aforementioned issue with the A/C.
The hotel was quiet. Another plus.
Upon checkout I was asked sincerely if I was satisfied with my stay. I told the staff, a different member from check in, that I was truly pleased. I was given more water, thanks and a "please have a safe trip home". I'm sure it's something they say to everyone but I felt as if I were special.
In the elevator they have a poster that reads that if they haven't provided a 10 out of 10 star rating they have failed. Or something to that effect. I will return upon every occasion I have the need. I'll stay nowhere else in the area and suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. Less foot traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raye-Lynn7
hiexpresswarren, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles), responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We are ecstatic to hear of your wonderful experience at our property! Your comments have been passed on to our staff. It is such an achievement to have guests like yourself give such amazing compliments. It is reviews like these that help make us the Number 1 ranked Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review and we look forward to your return to the area!

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. It was great the staff was wonderful and it was clean. They offer a free breakfast bar every morning and a mid week complimentary dinner. They have cocktail hour in the evenings and when you walk in the hotel they have complimentary cookies, water, chips and fruit. I also liked that there is a Perkins restaurant connected to the parking lot that I walked to and the mall is across the street. I also utilized the fitness center it's small but it had what I needed for my workout. They also have the option to go to a gym in the community...I would suggest you stick to the hotel gym. I can't say enough about this Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BM370
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for the first time, and found it to be the best HI I ever experienced. The staff was awesome, frequently asked about my comfort, and offered a better breakfast and more amenities that I'd ever seen. It had everything I needed, and things I didn't even know I wanted - like a complementary soda pop at check in and a scale in the fitness room (for weighing one's suitcase!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When arriving you are greeted at the door, offered water, soft drink or a cookie, then registered very efficiently. Everyone smiles and greets all visitors; this shows a wonderful feeling of family. The breakfast is excellent in a lovely setting. Since this visit was in the winter, I did not have a chance to sit outside and enjoy the pretty patio as my friends and I did last time.

Room Tip: My rooms have been in different locations on each visit; all were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I travel all across North America for business and pleasure and by far this hotel still impresses me as one of the very best .

On my latest stay I was greeted at the door -literally - with a wonderful glass of ice cold champagne. The counter staff are extremely efficient and friendly , and will always do anything to make you happy . There is a nice chocolate on my pillow when I check into my room , and a knock on the door to make sure that everything is just right.

The breakfast is wonderful , and if it snows overnight no worries as your car will be brushed off by the staff before you get to your vehicle.

Exceptional customer service , well priced , really nice rooms , what more could I ask for ?

Well done , many hotel chains should come down for a lesson on how to operate a first class facility.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lindmar
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is my #1 choice of hotel in Warren/Youngstown area. My stays have always been pleasant and 100% satisfied, except for 2 fire alarms in the recent 2 weeks, including one in the middle of night, 1:30am! Everyone in the building had to evacuate per protocol.
Both were claimed as false alarm, triggered by steam from extended long shower. Really?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel and it was amazing. Definitely one of the best I have ever stayed in. The rooms were clean and modern. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was outstanding in terms of a continental breakfast. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Avalon Inn and Resort
Fairfield Inn Warren Niles
Residence Inn Youngstown Warren/Niles
Hampton Inn & Suites Niles/Warren
15 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren

Been to Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)? Share your experiences!