My first stay certainly will not be my last. I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews and I was not disappointed.
It's located in a central area with lots of shopping and food choices. The location was convenient, but that isn't the reason for my praise.
When you pull into the parking lot you find a plain hotel front. You will be surprised at how big it is when you walk in. It really opens up when you walk thru the doors. In addition the decor was surprisingly updated and elegant.
The front desk staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. I was offered a beverage while checking in and was informed that they were able to grant my prior request for a third floor room. I was then informed that there would be a complimentary dinner for all guests from 6-8pm. I was traveling with my 20 year old son and my 11 year old. We enivitably decided to go out to dinner.
Our room was on the small side. Two queen beds and a bathroom and that was it. We were only staying for one night, so the size wasn't an issue. It was immaculately clean. This truly impressed me. As far as the room goes I truly have no complaints. If I were pushed to make a critical assessment I would say that the A/C unit was disappointing. It worked fine. It is one of the older units that is horizontally placed below the window. There is no thermostat, it's controlled with a dial on the unit itself. But with a room this small the one who gets the bed inches from the unit is freezing to make sure the other part of the room is comfortable. I got stuck in that bed. I was turning it off and on all night. I'm sleepy today.
We returned and enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. I have to say that the pool area was incredibly clean. You can see the outside patio area while in the pool room. It was filled with people enjoying the complimentary dinner and happy hour.
This may seem silly but I want to mention it anyway. When I took a shower I felt squeaky clean afterwards. The water pressure in that shower was delightful!!! I can't stress that enough.
After my 10 year old realized that we forgot his comb I sent him to the front desk. There was mention that if we forgot anything just to ask. He came back with his new comb and some chocolate chip cookies.
There is a breakfast offered in the mornings that everyone raves about but I slept thru that due the aforementioned issue with the A/C.
The hotel was quiet. Another plus.
Upon checkout I was asked sincerely if I was satisfied with my stay. I told the staff, a different member from check in, that I was truly pleased. I was given more water, thanks and a "please have a safe trip home". I'm sure it's something they say to everyone but I felt as if I were special.
In the elevator they have a poster that reads that if they haven't provided a 10 out of 10 star rating they have failed. Or something to that effect. I will return upon every occasion I have the need. I'll stay nowhere else in the area and suggest you do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Warren/Niles, Ohio has been awarded the prestigious Torchbearer Award fourteen consecutive years including 2008 for outstanding performance. Our hotel has consistently achieved the highest overall guest satisfaction ratings in the Youngstown, Warren, Newton Falls, Girard and Boardman areas. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Warren/Niles, Ohio is centrally located to General Motors, Delphi Packard, RTI International, Expo Center, Eastwood Mahoning Valley Scrappers Field, Eastwood Mall and Yankee Run Golf Course. We exceed expectations and feature: Associate empowerment for total guest satisfaction, WOW service training, IHG Reward points, Jacuzzi suites, Cyber Cafe complete with workstations, High speed wireless connections throughout the facility, Complimentary breakfast bar, complimentary managers party, seasonal outdoor floral patio with cascading waterfall complete with koi pond, fresh baked cookies, complimentary afternoon snacks, over sized guest rooms, chairs with ottomans, refrigerators, microwaves, climate controlled indoor pool and spa. These are just a few of the touches that are setting us apart from our competition. We strive to push the boundaries of the typical hotel experience. Stay Smart with a 100 % guest satisfaction guaranteed, and you will be glad you did! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North Hotel Warren
- Holiday Inn Express Warren
- Holiday Inn Warren
- Warren Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles) Ohio