We arrived late on Friday. All seemed well. Easy check-in and room was what we expected. We arose early (5am) for a family gathering. At this time we found a bedbug in our bed. Didn't think much of it since it was only one, but had explained it to the front desk and asked for them to make sure all linens, skirts, etc.. we're removed/replaced and a thorough vacuuming done. The gentleman then wrote it in the notebook on the desk. We returned shortly after midnight and went to our room. At that time, we noticed that there was still blue lint balls on our daughters bed from her blanket. This told us that the linens were not changed, so we lifted our mattress and examined around the skirting and found 3 more bedbugs together on the skirting. I went down to the front desk and showed the guy the photo of the bugs and asked to change rooms. This was the same gentleman that was there early that morning that we reported the issue too. He was very nice and apologetic, but the hotel was booked and did not have any rooms available to switch us to. We had already removed the bugs into a cup and sealed it. We removed the skirting and thoroughly searched both beds so that we could attempt to get some sleep before we checked out the next morning. He stated that the manager should be in around 9:00 in the morning. The next morning, I brought the cup with the bedbugs to the front desk and asked for the manager shortly around 9:00, but was informed that she was running late. We checked out around 10:30 and the manager was still not there, but the front desk lady called her and said that she would be in within the hour and would review the issue and contact me regarding any refunds( I was adamant that I did not think I should pay for a room with bedbugs). I left my business card that has my cell phone number and did not receive a call on the checkout day nor today. I do not feel like they are taking bedbugs as a serious issue, but these were fairly small so that tells me that there most likely more including the fully grown bedbugs. It does not take long for them to multiply and soon this hotel will have a full fledged outbreak of bedbugs. Stay at your own risk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Park Hotel is a historic hotel located in beautiful downtown Warren, Ohio. Originally built in 1887, and completely remodeled in 2012, this facility offers comfort, high-speed Internet, fitness center, business center, and a hot breakfast. Conveniently located on the square across from the historic Trumbull Court House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Warren Hotel Warren
- Warren Comfort Inn
- Best Western Park Hotel Warren, Ohio