“Perfect Spot if your looking for DRUGS!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Warren
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed there for 2 weeks doing local work up there. First off, the front desk lady, (Heavy set older woman with greying hair, had a sister who would come there all the time to gossip), had no respect for anyone, using the phone to make personal calls, cursing out loud while lobby had people in it. When asked for something she would respond with an attitude or give you a dirty look. We were told the rooms had microwaves over the phone but once arriving they told us they were all rented out?? (only 1 other car in the parking lot). Now on to the Rooms, the rooms looked ok, thats about all i can say about the rooms. Night time was a whole different story. As I mentioned earlier about only 1 car in the parking lot, This guys room was a hot spot to get Drugs.. Hard to sleep when at night all you hear is footsteps, cars, people all night long pulling up to go to that persons room. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless your really looking for DRUGS! We were going to stay there for a 3rd week but we found the Comfort Inn in downtown Warren to be a much nicer place! pay the extra $10 and stay at the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Perfect location for Junkies or Drug dealers to stay at.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank RailroadMan84

Reviewed 9 October 2010

We booked hotel on line and also called. A week later read some bad bad reviews. Became a bit nerved over them but it was less than 5 minutes from packerd center where we were going. Upon arriving I did learn wifi was lobby only but took a chance prior to paying and drove on back a ways. Kept signal and actually writing my review from my room. I will say location is a bit tough looking due to surrounding area but to be honest not a noisy area at all. Did not here a bunch of hoodlems or have people walking up and down the sidewalk making noise. It was a good nights sleep. I will also add the bathroom utilities were fine and clean all new linens as well plenty of toiletries available but would say floor could use a good scrubing. Not nasty just corner areas were with a build up like they have not got on their help in a while. Bed was comfortable and clean wouldnt use a comforter in any hotel. I felt my vehicle was safe and it was right out the door. Parking is plenty and definate plus to walk right in the door. Staff we checked in with was very accomodating with my questions and concerns. Especially reviews I read. I would not hesitate to come back here and if you are looking for a sheridan or of same type do not even come here but if you are a common family with common needs and are not too snoopy this will work especially at the price. No bugs or critters either like a earlier review stated.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lagunshy
Kimzar, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Warren, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to share them with other travelers. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. We have worked very hard to address all the concerns from these reviews and will continue to improve our hotel. Hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

Its a place to stay instead of outside. I am from Pa and went to Ohio for Softball. I paid 70 for the room. Im not sure its worth it. Its an ok room, not the cleanest but ok. Its in what seems to be a scary part of town. Internet did not work and neither did HBO. People are ok, they were not much help when we asked about food. I would tell my friends all this and see what they say, it was the cheapst hotel and it wasnt full but I would go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Therealhypermike

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We use these reviews to help improve our property and services. We are very sorry about the internet and HBO, we have corrected these issues since your stay. We have also addressed the cleanliness issue and have recently retrained our room cleaning staff. Please come back so you can see the improvements that have been made. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 July 2009

Don't do it!! Dirty stinky and messy is right!!! I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that lobby!! We ended up not even checking in. I had made reservations for 10 rooms to accommodate our 8U baseball team and families. Most of the rooms they had available were rooms with only queens and kings so our kids may have to sleep on the floor. One of the families in our group got there before me and wanted to see the room before she checked in and they wouldn't let her. The only think good I could say is that when I told the staff that the place was a dump and there was no way we could stay there....they were courteous and didn't charge anything on my card. It's worth the extra $20 to stay at a place you might actually feel comfortable sitting on the toilets!!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Let me get right to it. This hotel was dirty, bug infested, and smelly. One of our rooms had BLOOD and money on the sheets of the bed, which was made as if it were ready to sleep in. (The only thing missing was the chalk outline and police tape!). When the person working the front desk was told about the sheets, she stated "I'm not the cleaning lady so don't complain to me". The soda vending machines were mostly empty, and if you were lucky enough to get a pop it was either warm or from Christmas (which year I don't know). The day of checkout I requested to pay a prorated rate to checkout at 4:pm instead of 11:00am which I was told it would be no problem. Then 5 minutes later I was called and told I could not stay because someone else might ask to stay also. The hotel had about 15 cars in the lot all of which were from my group, but they still could not accomidate me. I traveled with MMA fighters so we do not have high standars, and this place DISGUSTED all of us. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ON AN EPISODE OF THE WORLDS SCARRIEST PLACES TO STAY!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank younggun21
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I made an unexpected trip to the Warren area, and I contacted this property for information despite a questionable rating. The staff was overwhelmingly enthusiastic about booking my stay, and even accommodated my need for a later than normal checkout the next day. My room was reasonably priced, spacious and comfortable. No wireless internet was available. There was a high speed network box to plug into, but I couldn't get it to work for me. Free continental breakfast including all the standard items was included. Overall, a very positive experience and I would definitely stay at this property as my first choice for the Warren area!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Best Western Park Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren
Fairfield Inn Warren Niles
Avalon Inn and Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Niles/Warren
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Warren? Share your experiences!