“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”

Cleveland Marriott East
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in a king concierge level room which was very clean and comfortable. Our room got a little warm from the afternoon sun, called the front desk and service had our room cooled in under 30 minutes. Very responsive. There is a restaurant on site as well as plenty others within walking distance or a short drive.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fairly new Marriott and the rooms are large and comfortable. Great beds too. The staff is fantastic, if there is anything you need, they jump on it. Great concierge lounge. It's well located and there are plenty of good restaurants nearby, as well as shopping if you have time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martha H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed two nights. Staff is very nice and responsive. Hotel looks newish with nice lobby. However, I did not get a sense that the room was adequately clean. One of the bes legs was broken, so the bed wobbled. Anyone could have been injured just sitting down on the edge of the bed. The engineer came promptly and did fix it. I just don't understand why a customer and not housekeeping had to discover this problem. Also we had an issue with check out as the hotel did not apply my e certificates and simply charged my card. This too was fixed but it shouldn't have happened to begin with.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were on our way to go to Erie pa and we were all so tired. I told my husband to stop and go to the hotel. When we walk through the doors we were greeted very nicely by Marianne. We didn't have a reservation and it looked pricey. The price was not great but everyone was falling asleep. We walked into our room and it was magnificent. Marianne put us on top floor. It was so quiet. When we check out. Cecelia was grumpy and looked aggravated. We overheard her tell the other associate that we where looking for something free. I was very Mad. I felt like complaining but we were on a tight schedule.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Bryan J, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jessie S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear that enjoyed the room, and the service provided by Marianne. I am so sorry for the interaction that you experienced at check out, and that this was the lasting impression that you were left with. I can assure you that this is not the perception that we would expect, and I will follow up on your feedback accordingly.

Thank you again, and please let me know if I can assist any further.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Rooms were not ready even though we arrived after 4
Pool not working
Constant struggle for towels
Room not cleaned one day
Ice machine broken on floor
Rubber bands on hall floor for for 3 nights - guess they don't sweep halls daily
Sloopy cleaning when we did not get it
Did not refill coffee supplies

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Bryan J, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Steelvestor,

I wanted to personally apologize for the incidents that you experienced with your stay over the weekend. You noted that it was "Not up to Marriott Standards", and I would agree based off your comments. This is not the type of experience that you should expect, and that we would expect to deliver.

I am truly sorry for the incidents that you experienced, and would love the opportunity to discuss further with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist in any way further.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

First, I have to compliment the staff at the front desk and the bar. John Paul, Diego, and Michael were all so friendly and helpful - I hope management reads this review, because they were all great. The housekeeping staff on the other hand was another matter. While I didn't actually meet anyone, viewing the rooms I'd have to conclude one of two things. They either are way understaffed and don't have time to do a good job, or the people who cleaned the rooms I saw flat out don't do a good job.

The first room I was given smelled horrible. I was out of there so fast that's all I noticed. In the second room, I felt like I was on some sort of reality show where a camera would pop out to catch my reaction. There was water and hair on the floor in the doorway, the toilet lid and seat were up, hooks missing on the shower curtain, the bed wasn't made well and made me question if the sheets had been changed, there was trash on the floor, but the craziest part - EVERY DRAWER IN THE ROOM WAS OPEN. All six of them. It was almost creepy. My third and final room was OK. A bit of the funky smell again, but at least it was clean enough. There was a space heater (in July) on the desk that looked like a relic and a piece of missed trash on the bathroom counter, but I wasn't going to change rooms over something so minor.

Again, especially John Paul at the front desk did his best to "make it up to me" - short of comping the room (which was paid for by my company so they knew the direct impact to me was minimal) by offering drinks, dinner, and dessert. Hence, how I met Michael at the bar...who did a great job keeping a pretty big crowd happy.

I'm not sure this would be my first choice in hotels if I ever visit the area again - although I did hear others say it is one of the best in town. I guess if you don't mind a dirty room or occasional odd smell, you'll do just fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Bryan J, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear BethNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely appreciate the comments, and I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced with the housekeeping. I will ensure that I acknowledge Michael, John Paul, and Diego as they made such a nice impression during your visit. I am uncertain what occurred with the housekeeping staff. It seems, by your comments, that the room was somehow not inspected by an inspector. The drawers are all left open when the room is cleaned so that the inspector can see that they have all been cleaned appropriately. I am truly sorry that these incidents occurred, and I am going look into it further to find where the short falls occurred in our processes. It is evident that we fell short of your expectations as well as the expectations that were shared to you by other guests.

I see that John Paul offered compensation, however please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist any further.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for a family reunion. The hotel's located within walking distance to restaurants & is just off the highway. Our room was spacious & clean. Front Desk service was great. We had an brunch and the food was good and the room was perfect for the number of people we had. We took pictures in front of the atrium water fountain and that was nice. Banquet Service was wonderful. Ann Marie is great and took good care of us from our hospitality to our main event. Polly Kondrat was a joy to work with in the Sales process. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It didn't take any time to get to shopping and other attractions.

Room Tip: If you're a really light sleeper, ask to be away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Bryan J, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Ms. DivaAlways,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience while with us. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I will acknowledge the staff members that you mentioned for their memorable service.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels, and visiting us during your family reunion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensville Heights
Aloft Beachwood
#4 of 15 in Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to Cleveland Marriott East? Share your experiences!