“A good experience at a bargain price”

Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The experience at this Holiday Inn Express was positive, and the price (especially with our corporate discount) was very reasonable. Obviously, the relationship between the experience and price results in a great value.

Starting with the noteworthy positive elements, the property is new, and everything is in reasonably good working condition. The housekeeping team does a good job. Everything is better than clean. The room is comfortable, particularly the king-size bed which had pillows of a couple different firmness levels. The food on the breakfast buffet was incredibly good, featuring fresh cinnamon rolls, hot foods, yogurt, fruit, and an assortment of juices, milk, and coffee. As a member of the Priority Club Rewards program (which is free to join), the hotel offers an assortment of snacks, plus a bottle of water, at check-in. The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway, shopping and dining.

There are a few areas for which attention is needed, some of which are repair items, and some of which are employee training items. First of all, the desk in my guest room was desperately in need of repair. It felt as if I could have broken it to bits by giving it a good “shake.” This could be repaired in about 4 minutes with a couple hand tools, so I’m not sure why the guest needs to bring it to their attention. Several items in the breakfast buffet area were either inoperative (such as the pancake machine) or empty (including most of the coffee carafes). This takes very little time to make right, and it would make a big difference in the experience. Then there are odd things that just should not be seen. For example, when I opened the door to my room, all of the dresser and nightstand drawers were hanging open. It looked as if the room had been robbed; apparently this is an oddity of the housekeeping protocol. Other things included a door that would not latch unless given a good “shove” and a toilet seat that would not remain in the “up” position.

As mentioned previously, the property is nice, and the room was comfortable. The negatives can be easily overcome with a little bit of attention.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cory L
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I would like to thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. We appreciate the kind words that you had to say about our property as well as the things that you mentioned we can improve on. We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and anytime there is a problem we take immediate action to correct the problem. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. I would also like to assure you that we have fixed any/all issues that you have had with your stay. Again, we appreciate all of our guest’s feedback; we are always trying to find better ways to serve you.
If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me personally. My name is Lorin Coldiron and I am the Assistant General Manager, the number here at the hotel is (740) 335-9310. Again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

had a very pleasent stay at the room were big and the staff could not do enough for me
well done everybody first class jenny even gave me some good local information which proved to be a life saver thank you already looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Washington Court House. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our employees take a lot of pride in the work that they do and I will make sure that I pass this message along to them as inspiration to keep up all the hard work that they do. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Absolutely no complaints!! Staff, service, rooms and breakfast were all first rate. To many time on my travels I book rooms at establishment that advertise clean, quiet, comfortable rooms with great staff and admenities, only to quite the opposite. Not here. Thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the work that they do and they work very hard to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations! Our guests mean everything to us and we take pride in showing them that! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will make sure that I pass your kind words along to the rest of the staff. We look forward to the next time we are able to serve you!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This place is clean, stylish and the staff are very courteous. Its quiet and the breakfast is delicious!!! This is the only place I will stay in town when I come for business. No matter what time I arrive, I am always greeted by my last name and given a goodie bag, which I appreciate very much since it comes in handy when traveling as much as I do.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on your most recent stay with us! We appreciate hearing such positive feedback about our hotel and staff. Our staff takes such pride in serving our guests and giving them the very best when it comes to customer service. We are very glad that you are so loyal to our hotel and we appreciate it very much! We are also happy that you love our breakfast bar! Our complimentary hot buffet breakfast comes with endless choices; our hot and delicious cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, sausage patties or sausage links. We also offer assorted donuts, bread, bagels, French toast, assorted yogurts and you can't forget to try our pancakes from our pancake machine! Don't forget to try our fresh baked cookies that we keep in the lobby! Our staff also takes great pride in recognizing our members of our free loyalty program, Priority Club Rewards. Every time you check in with us, you will receive your complimentary goodie bag! Thank you so much for your feedback! I will make sure to share this with the rest of the staff. We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Found this hotel because of a mixup in reservations at another Holiday Inn Express and it was the best thing that could of happened for our family. The staff was extremely helpful and told us of many wonderful places to eat and things to do while we were there for the weekend. Two of the desk clerks, Shandie and Jenny were especially helpful in giving us ideas of things to do to entertain a young child. Would recomend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review about your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. It means a lot to all of us here when we hear such wonderful things about our hotel and staff! Our employees take such great pride in the work that they do and it really gives them inspiration to keep up all of the hard work they do when we get GREAT reviews like this! I will make sure that I pass your kind words along to them! We look forward to the next we are able to serve you!

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Very clean. We had a king suite. Very nice. They have the standard free breakfast- scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy fruit, coffee, etc. The staff was very helpful. They have a pool and workout room. Ask for the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bill W
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! We love hearing about our guests experiences. I am also very happy that you liked your King Suite! Our hotel is still very new, we will be turning 3 years old in June of this year! Our King Suites are very spacious and our complimentary breakfast bar features so many appetizing items! Our fresh baked cookies are definitely a must when visiting us here in WCH! The entire staff takes a lot of pride in the work that they do and they enjoy hearing such positive things back from our guests! I will make sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the staff! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House!We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Loved this hotel! Stopped here both ways on trip from VA to WI, easy access off of 35. Was impressed that this newer hotel not only allowed dogs, but did not charge an additional pet fee! Check in was easy, rooms comfortable (although sheets were a little scratchy on my first night's stay), and the free hot breakfast was wonderful!! Will definitely stay here again when making the drive to WI again and will recommend to others traveling this route.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. It is truly rewarding for us to hear such positive reviews about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the problem that you had with your sheets being scratchy. I would also like to reassure you that we have taken appropriate action to ensure that this does not happen again. We appreciate our guests letting us know where we can improve. We are always looking for ways to better serve our guests and their needs. We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington Court House
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington Court House Jeffersonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington Court House
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Wash...
#3 of 3 in Washington Court House
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Holiday Inn Wilmington
Holiday Inn Wilmington
#2 of 5 in Wilmington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House? Share your experiences!