“Here for business”

Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. I typically have not been a HI fan, but this one was very nice and well kept. Staff was friendly and the htel was located outside of the main twon with farm fields surrounding.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Washington Court House. We truly appreciate hearing such kind words about our hotel and staff. It makes every single one of us feel good to hear about our guest’s satisfaction. We are also very glad that we could win your trust as a brand. I will make sure that your kind words get passed along to the rest of the staff! We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I am a loyal individual with Holiday Inns, upon arrival the gentleman before us was recognized as a holiday inn priority member and offered an evening snack of chips, water and cookie. Now our turn, we booked 2 rooms, we are also priority members and first we were not recognized as such, I did enquire if she had our priority membership on our reservation and she said yes. It was printed on the form. I asked about the welcome snack and she looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about, then said they did not do that! Ok dont lie to me, but no big deal. The hotel was average, nothing great, nothing bad. rooms were clean. We arrived 2 days after daylight saving time and when we went to our rooms the clocks were not correct. Not to be confused we called the front desk girl (7:30 pm) to confirm if they were eastern or central time zone and she said "I dont know" We asked her what time it was and she said you have clocks in your room, but it is 8:30. Ok then the clocks have not been moved ahead for the time difference. She said no we let the guests do that! Now if we did not notice this problem we would have been an hour late the next morning for our meeting. Very unprofessional!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank eeyore65

Firstly, I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I would like to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay with us. I am very sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. I am also very sorry that you did not receive a Priority Club check in and that you did not receive the level of service expected from the brand that we represent. I would also like to assure you that we have taken appropriate action to ensure that the problems you encountered do not happen again. We also want to apologize for the alarm clock being set wrong in your room. We try very hard to ensure that our rooms are 100% guest ready for our guests and we are very sorry that we felt short of the mark on this instance.

If there is anything that I can do to make this right with you or if you would like to speak about this more privately, please feel free to contact me personally. I will do all that I can to make this right for you. My name is Lorin Coldiron and I am the Assistant General Manager and the telephone number is (740) 335-9310.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Everything exceptional for this facility EXCEPT for the internet. If you are a business traveler and need high speed internet you will be very disappointed. The internet speed was very similar to dial-up speeds. When I phoned the front desk to ask if I was having a problem or if the internet was generally this slow she admitted it is always this slow. I will not stay here again on business for that reason. The overall value for the price I paid ($98.99/plus taxes) was average because of the internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rhkfwain
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I would firstly like to thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. I would also like to personally apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. I also wanted to assure you that we have since had our tech support check all of our access points for our wireless internet in the entire hotel to ensure its accuracy, speed and accessibility. I also just wanted to let you know that we have put in place new checks and balances with our staff on resetting the internet box that we do have onsite. We also have offsite internet tech support that is available 24/7 in case for any reason there is a problem that we cannot fix by resetting the internet box ourselves. I am so very sorry that you experienced this issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be glad to do whatever I can to win your business back. We don’t ever want to lose any of our guests and if there is anything I can do, please let me know. The number here at the hotel is (740) 335-9310 and my name is Lorin Coldiron, I am the Assistant General Manager.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The experience at this Holiday Inn Express was positive, and the price (especially with our corporate discount) was very reasonable. Obviously, the relationship between the experience and price results in a great value.

Starting with the noteworthy positive elements, the property is new, and everything is in reasonably good working condition. The housekeeping team does a good job. Everything is better than clean. The room is comfortable, particularly the king-size bed which had pillows of a couple different firmness levels. The food on the breakfast buffet was incredibly good, featuring fresh cinnamon rolls, hot foods, yogurt, fruit, and an assortment of juices, milk, and coffee. As a member of the Priority Club Rewards program (which is free to join), the hotel offers an assortment of snacks, plus a bottle of water, at check-in. The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway, shopping and dining.

There are a few areas for which attention is needed, some of which are repair items, and some of which are employee training items. First of all, the desk in my guest room was desperately in need of repair. It felt as if I could have broken it to bits by giving it a good “shake.” This could be repaired in about 4 minutes with a couple hand tools, so I’m not sure why the guest needs to bring it to their attention. Several items in the breakfast buffet area were either inoperative (such as the pancake machine) or empty (including most of the coffee carafes). This takes very little time to make right, and it would make a big difference in the experience. Then there are odd things that just should not be seen. For example, when I opened the door to my room, all of the dresser and nightstand drawers were hanging open. It looked as if the room had been robbed; apparently this is an oddity of the housekeeping protocol. Other things included a door that would not latch unless given a good “shove” and a toilet seat that would not remain in the “up” position.

As mentioned previously, the property is nice, and the room was comfortable. The negatives can be easily overcome with a little bit of attention.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cory L

I would like to thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. We appreciate the kind words that you had to say about our property as well as the things that you mentioned we can improve on. We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and anytime there is a problem we take immediate action to correct the problem. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. I would also like to assure you that we have fixed any/all issues that you have had with your stay. Again, we appreciate all of our guest’s feedback; we are always trying to find better ways to serve you.
If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me personally. My name is Lorin Coldiron and I am the Assistant General Manager, the number here at the hotel is (740) 335-9310. Again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

had a very pleasent stay at the room were big and the staff could not do enough for me
well done everybody first class jenny even gave me some good local information which proved to be a life saver thank you already looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Washington Court House. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our employees take a lot of pride in the work that they do and I will make sure that I pass this message along to them as inspiration to keep up all the hard work that they do. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Absolutely no complaints!! Staff, service, rooms and breakfast were all first rate. To many time on my travels I book rooms at establishment that advertise clean, quiet, comfortable rooms with great staff and admenities, only to quite the opposite. Not here. Thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the work that they do and they work very hard to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations! Our guests mean everything to us and we take pride in showing them that! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will make sure that I pass your kind words along to the rest of the staff. We look forward to the next time we are able to serve you!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This place is clean, stylish and the staff are very courteous. Its quiet and the breakfast is delicious!!! This is the only place I will stay in town when I come for business. No matter what time I arrive, I am always greeted by my last name and given a goodie bag, which I appreciate very much since it comes in handy when traveling as much as I do.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on your most recent stay with us! We appreciate hearing such positive feedback about our hotel and staff. Our staff takes such pride in serving our guests and giving them the very best when it comes to customer service. We are very glad that you are so loyal to our hotel and we appreciate it very much! We are also happy that you love our breakfast bar! Our complimentary hot buffet breakfast comes with endless choices; our hot and delicious cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, sausage patties or sausage links. We also offer assorted donuts, bread, bagels, French toast, assorted yogurts and you can't forget to try our pancakes from our pancake machine! Don't forget to try our fresh baked cookies that we keep in the lobby! Our staff also takes great pride in recognizing our members of our free loyalty program, Priority Club Rewards. Every time you check in with us, you will receive your complimentary goodie bag! Thank you so much for your feedback! I will make sure to share this with the rest of the staff. We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington Court House
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington Court House Jeffersonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Wash...
#3 of 3 in Washington Court House
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House? Share your experiences!