“I'm happy I picked this place”

Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Was here for a motorcycle rally with friends. We were treated exceptionally well. We needed a place to meet together and they let us use their breakfast area with tables and even told us that they would clean up after us. This is a very clean and well cared for property. Everything worked and the breakfast had a lot of choices, even pancakes. It felt like home. The pool had a strong chlorine smell. That was the only negative.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our vacation headquarters. All my children stayed here and we did day trips from here. The hotel is excellent especially the staff!! The breakfast is great!! The rooms are very nice and everything was super clean and well kept!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We highly recommend this property; we stay here twice a year for a few days while visiting my family. The hot breakfast is excellent, and the rooms and common areas are very clean! The service is just as fine as it was when they opened 4 years ago. Kudos to the staff!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is nice. Ask for the view of the cornfield, rather than the side facing other busines...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After driving through some lovely farmland for a few hours we stopped near Washington Court House. My husband as a joke said it's probably in a field and when we drove up we laughed because it was. What a Hoot! And next door was the John Deere Tractor Store. The hotel is on the outskirts of the town and there was no traffic noise. Just down the road is a shopping center. The hotel is only four years old. The room was nice and the bed good. Breakfast was good also. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a King Bed room # 105 which was good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

First, we want to say that we stayed here this past summer and had a wonderful experience.This summer we had a great room & excellent service. We were greeted upon checkin with water & a snack for me and my children. The room was beautiful and it was comfortable.

The second time around wasn't so good. First we weren't greeted with water & snacks on check in or even offered anything. There were 2 cars in the lot at almost 6 pm so it wasn't like they were busy. We had originally made a reservation for one night and then the night before fthe first reservation, we went online to set up a second reservation for the following night as the huge storm was due to blow in and we weren't sure we could get home and did not want to get stuck without a room. The fellow on check in was nice enough and said that he would cancel that reservation and then just extend our current one to include Sunday night. Fine. We could cancel it if we got up and decided to go ahead home. The weird thing was that I asked for a first floor room and he said that they had GREAT NEWS, they had upgraded us to a 2 bed queen SUITE! WOW...we went from our original reservation of a KING SUITE to a 2 bed one! NOT what we wanted and it wasn't an upgrade. He seemed shocked when I said that I had reserved (and had a paper copy to show him) a KING SUITE. Like he really didn't know what our original reservation was? I was really irritated but everyone was tired and so we took it. When we stayed this past summer we had a very comfortable KING BED SUITE but these two beds sucked and I don't think that it was near as nice as the other room we had. I think that there were only a few people who stayed and they were trying to keep everyone on the first floor.

So the next morning we got up and decided to go ahead and leave. We had breakfast (it was good) and then checked out at the front desk. I made sure to talk to the girl at the desk and asked her to make sure that our reservation for Sunday night was cancelled. She assured me it was and there was nothing else to do. She said I had NO reservations for Sunday night. So we left...thinking that all was ok.

LO and behold...I log into the bank Tuesday and find that we have been charged for Sunday night! I immediately called the hotel and spoke to Eric. I believe that was the fellow who checked us in on Saturday, Jan. 4th (I am assuming management can check this as we checked in after 4pm and I called Tuesday after 6pm your time). He started hemming and hawing about the reservation and I told him that we were assured it was cancelled! He put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said that he would take care of it. We still have not seen the money returned to the bank. If you cancel a reservation, ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THEY DID! I am still not convinced our money has been returned.

After all of this...I have to just say that our stay was average. Everyone was cordial, but nothing outstanding. I know that things happen but that issue with the $$ does seem to irritate us more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bemoonstruck2
hiewchmgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectation during your second time staying with us. Our hotels main goal is 100% guest satisfaction. So If you could please call the office at 740-335-9310 and ask for Jeffery Lister the General Manager so we can get this issue resolved. Hope to see you in the near future!

Jeffery Lister

Holiday Inn Express
101 Courthouse Parkway
Washington Court House, Ohio 43160
740-335-9310

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to shop at the outlet mall. Convenient for the purpose, easy on and off highway 35. Very clean, soft beds, good channel selection on TV, and at the breakfast. Vending machines easy to find. Friendly staff with no complaints to speak of. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Homer1959
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed 3 days to visit family. We were welcomed with a warm fire in the lobby, a snack and water and a cookie. Little things like that add up. Staff is top notch, couldn't be friendlier, very professional. Hotel is beautiful, has a good layout, is clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very good, much better than other HIE's. Breakfast room was wonderful, one sofa in front of a fire, and another sofa in front of a flat screen tv. We couldn't have been happier with our suite. The furniture is well chosen and well placed and very nice. Good beds (one side was soft, one was firm so it fit us both). Love the wet bar! Had enough cabinets to tuck things away. Room had enough room for visiting family. Outside is well maintained and nice to walk the dogs around. Pool was good, loved the pool & patio furniture. Close enough to outlet mall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Wash...
#3 of 3 in Washington Court House

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House? Share your experiences!