“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wauseon
Wooster, OH
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here overnight with our high school volleyball team. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The rooms were spotless and the beds were quite comfortable. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent! The only minor complaint I had was that there was no way to pull the window blinds shut to block out the lights from the parking lot. This hotel is a little on the pricey side but it is probably because of its close proximity to the Ohio turnpike (less than a mile away).

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the back parking lot
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for a funeral in town. Front desk was friendly and professional. A few times we were in the room when the cleaning lady stopped in to change the sheets and towels. She was nice and talkative. The room is nice and clean, and has an upper class appearance. There is a delicious hot breakfast available every morning. There is an indoor pool with a hot tub. Not many places to stay in Wauseon, but this would have to be the best!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Overall, we were impressed!!!! Check in was really busy and the two younger girls handled it surprisingly well. We were checked in quite quickly and my husband and I thought they were really professional and nice. Our room was 211 and Super Clean- really, I know everyone has said this but it is true- the sheets are white, tight and bright!!! I check for dirt(scum) and bugs everywhere we go and I honestly saw nothing to be concerned about. We thought the hotel might only be a couple years old, the room was modern and again....clean. We found out its about 13 years old. Everyone was great but the lady taking care of the pool. We had brought our room towels down as we had checked earlier and there were no pool towels out. She somewhat scolded us and told us we would be charged for them if we left them down there and that she would be bringing pool towels shortly!! It wasn't that we didn't understand what she was saying, it was the way she talked to us....like we were kids (were in our 40's). Lastly.....The Fire Alarm. This is a Problem!! It went off at 8:30 am because if you take a shower without the exhaust fan on with your bathroom open, it sets off the alarm for the whole building!!! Apparently this happens so often the staff have gotten used to it- this is concerning. We definitely would stay here again but would rather not be woken up by false alarms or worse yet the concern of a real fire being disregarded. Again, A++++++ for Cleanliness, Staff, and even a Nice Hot Breakfast!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xlt4x4
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Your usual Holiday Inn. The staff at this location were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Internet connection was a little slow. The breakfast was average. Convenient location, right off I-80.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The staff at this location really went out of their way to help our family after an initial mixup with our accommodations. We had requested a rollaway cot in advance but it was given out prior to our arrival.

The manager appeared at our door later with a cart of linens, pillows and snacks for our kids... a class act!

• Stayed July 2013
Coffeyville, Kansas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was in the area on a long term business assignment. The problems began the first night when I arrived in my room to find what appeared to be potato chips on the floor. Obviously the room had only had a sparse cleaning.

The next morning when I tried to take a shower I was unable to get water that was warmer than lukewarm. I spoke to the front desk and when I arrived back that evening found a note in the bathroom saying no problem found. I checked..still no hot water. I went back down stairs and he maintenance persons answer was you have to let the water run for 5-10 minutes. Really? So for the rest of my stay if I let the water run for 10 minutes or so I could get a shower on the warm side of lukewarm.

Additional problems in the bathroom. If the vent fan is left on a strong smell of sewer filled the bathroom. If it is turned off a strong smell of cigarette smoke filled the room. One answer was to turn on the A/C and see if it could filter some. That helped the smell a bit but the unit was so loud it was nearly impossible to watch TV or work.

Throughout my stay it was completely impossible to have any quiet. In the evenings children ran up and down the hallways, doors slammed and the smell of smoke drifted into my room. I was on a non smoking floor but the smell was still very strong.

I was gone on weekday mornings but on weekends it was completely impossible to have any quiet. The housekeeping staff talked very loudly, slammed doors and I seriously thought they were going to fall through the floor above me they stomped around so heavily.

Every problem I encountered was brought to the staffs attention and not a single one was addressed satisfactorily. They were generally rude and definitely non responsive to any complaints.

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express all over the country and this was by far the worst ever.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Scottypup,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you found the room and the service you received less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Despite your disappointments we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Standard Holiday Inn Express. Situated in a quiet town off of the interstate. Room was clean, Staff was happy and courteous.

In house internet was slow to medium speed. Enough to get work done and send receive files.

Mattress was hard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BearHug111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauseon
Best Western Wauseon
Napoleon Inn & Suites
Napoleon Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Napoleon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wauseon? Share your experiences!