“Clean rooms, dirty shared spaces”

Holiday Inn Express Wauseon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wauseon
Shawano, Wisconsin
“Clean rooms, dirty shared spaces”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a great room here with a great bed but the common areas are not clean. The elevator was dirty and also it was difficult to get an elevator. (Not enough elevators for the floors they had). We only stayed here because Toledo has a water boil order and so we had to driver farther than planned. The front desk gal was a total airhead. We're talkin' Valley Girl.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Voltaco,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you liked our room accommodations. However, it is truly regrettable that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if some areas of our facility, particularly the elevator, and the level of service you have received fell below your expectations. Your comments have been taken into serious account and will be used for review. I am confident that our management will take actions accordingly in order to improve our services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you give us another chance to provide you with a better stay next time you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Naperville
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice room, pool, hot tub, common areas
Room was quiet
Excellent breakfast, selection & supply
Only issue was inadequate internet capacity, very slow at night
Nice friendly staff
Would stay there again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
wv
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights to attend the MWGB at the fairgrounds,the room was spacious and clean the breakfast was good with a few items to pick from.The staff was very friendly and helpful.I will most likely stay here for next years bash.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bloomington IL
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nothing feels better after a long day than to arrive at a hotel and get all the you have come to expect. Holiday Inn Expresses around the country have reshaped the moderately-priced hotel chain environment and the HI Express in Wauseon delivered on all the promises. And right at the Wauseon Exit from the Ohio Turnpike. I arrived at midnight and was so happy to get into a big spacious room with a comfortable bed and everything working. Breakfast was fairly standard for HI Express with the pleasant addition of a pancake maker similar to waffle makers at other hotels. They appeared to execute well on everything except a couple minor annoyances. First, the room lighting appears to be first generation 60W equivalent CFLs. There are much better options available that other hotels are implementing. You don't need to leave us in the twilight. Secondly, because of my late night arrival, I wanted to sleep in. Unfortunately, they decided to do masonry repair with a loud drill right outside my room well before I had intended to get up. No one had bothered to see if my room was still occupied. I will return if in the area ... but hopefully they can update the lighting and be more considerate when and where they are doing maintenance. Also, note to business travelers, cell coverage is very poor despite proximity to the Turnpike.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was on my way home from the Navy graduation in Illinois when I had to stop here to complete a project for work. I always like staying at a Holiday Inn because you always know what you are going to having waiting for you on the other side of the door. A clean room with a comfortable bed! I made the mistake of staying somewhere else for a night because it was convenient and it just didn't meet the standard of the Holiday Inn Express. Wauseon was a nice little town that you could relax in after being on the highway for hours. I would recommend this and any Holiday Inn when traveling because you won't feel more refreshed after a stop anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stopped here on the way to DC...got in around midnight. Front desk girl was very friendly and checked us in quickly. Had a room on the second floor right next to the elevator. This made me nervous at first but I did not hear anything all night. Bed was very comfortable, room was clean, shower was great! The bathroom sink leaked a little. Sounds like they fixed the steam problems in the bathrooms because even when you don't have your exhaust fan on, there's still a fan pulling air out of the bathroom. All in all, great stay.

Room Tip: I like the top floor...always quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I called the motel directly to reserve a room and ask for top floor and said I need govt rate( I have a govt ID) was told no problem I arrived I did not have the top floor or was I charged the govt rate but I will say the girl at check in (around 3:00PM) was very accommodating and took care of my issues quickly and apologized for the mix up..the hotel looked great from the outside and inside..the room was also great ,well lit,comfy bed,great water pressure ,hot water and clean as could be..I went to check out around 100AM which the girl was busy checking in another guest which seemed to take quite awhile then as she was checking me out ran into issues and said computer kept locking up after about 10 min I ask her if she could just give me a copy of my registration card because I needed the price and couldnt wait any longer total checkout time was about 20 min. which I hadnt planned on ..I was in a rush because of being on a tight schedule which I admit I should plan on things like this happening but I stay in motels 4 days a week and usually checkout goes very fast..I dont know if she needed more training or computer was locked up either way I feel it should be looked at..all in all its a great place to stay I just feel reservation and check out issues should be looked at ..I would have liked to gave a better review but I must call it like I see it I will prob be back here in the future and hope I can review again with a higher rating..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
mlmoon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Teamster175,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay here, as it truly does help us identify areas with opportunities for improvement. Please accept my apologies for issues encountered with your reservation and during the check-out process. I'm pleased that the desk clerk at check-in was able to resolve the reservation discrepancy in an efficient manner, and that you were able to enjoy the accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Miki Moon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauseon
BEST WESTERN Del Mar
Napoleon Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Napoleon
BEST WESTERN Toledo South Maumee
Days Inn Toledo Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wauseon? Share your experiences!