“Large Room!”
Review of Days Inn Wauseon

Days Inn Wauseon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wauseon
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Staff was friendly and very welcoming! Truly dog friendly! Lots of grassy area. We stayed here for several nights while attending a dog show at the fairgrounds 1/2 mile down the road. Great location off of Interstate.
Room was very clean, housekeeping was great. The room is much bigger than most with a super thick, comfy mattress! Both are appreciated when staying for several nights. Even though there were many, many show dogs staying here, there was no barking and it was VERY quiet. Every room had a chair outside for sitting outdoors, also a nice homey touch. The room had a large picture window with a small window in the back of the room that could safely be opened for fresh air.
I REALLY appreciated the oversize parking spaces, plenty of room for cars parked next to each other for both to have their doors open! So nice when loading and unloading. There was also some parking for vehicles with trailers.
My only minor complaint was outside of the bathroom area was a light fixture with 2 of 3 light bulbs not working, could have used at least one more. I will be back to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Rachell M, Manager at Days Inn Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your opinion means a lot to us here at Best Western Del Mar. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great value and clean hotel. This hotel was very clean and spacious. Great location and dog friendly. Staff and very kind. I would highly recommend this hotel for your family's pleasure. Close to the Ohio Turnpike and fairgrounds.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We've stayed here twice in the past few years with the most recent stay being in August of 2012. We stayed while on a road trip and were in need of a short one night stay. Both times, we've pulled in close to midnight and been fortunate that they still had rooms available. On our first stay, we had a room with two queen beds that was large and comfortable. On our last stay, the only room available was a huge one bedroom suite. The price was reasonable (and we were exhausted), so we took it. We loved the room and wished we would have had more time to enjoy it. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the standard continental breakfast with biscuits and gravy. The breakfast room was tiny, but we took it back to our room.

This is a motor lodge type hotel where you park in front of your door. I prefer this as it's easier to load/unload, especially when you have kids.

If we were passing through again and ready to call it a night, we would definitely stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travling4fun
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Room was very large and mattress and pillows very comfortable. Plenty of blankets and towels. Storage for clothes and suitcases more than adequate. In room refrigerator and microwave a plus as we had 11 month old grandson with us. Employees all pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Driving from Philadelphia to Chicago this was where I decided to put my head down to sleep. I couldn't have picked a better place. Very reasonable price, a clean room, comfortable bet, fast wifi, a fridge and good TV. Didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. Found a superb Mexican restaurant about a mile away. Next morning one of the best motel breakfasts I've had.
I stayed again on my return trip and would recommend it to any tired traveller

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I needed to stay in Wauseon overnight and booked the Best Western Del Mar. As a single female traveling alone, I always feel some trepidation booking on-line in areas that I am not familiar with. I looked high and low for the best rate that I could afford and I did not want to drive back and forth to Toledo for a lower rate. I am glad that I happened upon the Del Mar. Very friendly and helpful service, great room size and very comfortable bedding. Super-clean everything......I always bring disinfectant and never felt the need to use it. If I am back here next year, I will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

room was decent, decent breakfast, overall happy. Mix up with supposibly hotwire over non smoking and a smoking room but the smoking room didn't smell smoky luckily. beds are very comfy. pool was very nice and relaxing also

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauseon
Holiday Inn Express Wauseon
#1 of 4 in Napoleon
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Wauseon

Been to Days Inn Wauseon? Share your experiences!