Days Inn Wauseon
US$67
TripAdvisor
US$168
US$144
All reviewsroom was cleanthe ohio turnpikedog showtoll roadpet feewafflesworked finehard boiled eggswater pressureplace to stayparking lotstaff was friendlypleasant staywaffle makerdefinitely stay here againfree breakfastmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had planned on staying at another Best Western but found I was making good progress so decided to "push on" further that day. The former Best Western volunteered to book me at this hotel. Upon arrival I found myself in a rather drab, run down looking court type road hotel. The place needed paint, flowers, something to warm it up. The dull battleship gray paint was out-of-date. And, with a brand new Holiday Inn Express a hundred yards down the street, they'll struggle to keep going.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every time my family and I travel to northern Ohio, we make a point of staying at the Best Western Del Mar. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the pool is inviting. The beds are so comfortable that my husband and I purchased the same mattress for home

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Timothy B
Rachell M, General Manager at Days Inn Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am happy you find our beds so comforting and was pleased with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was in poor state, rooms smelled of mildew, needed major updates inside and out. My room had a huge dip in the floor that was unnoticeable due to carpet till you stepped in it. I would not suggest this place for business or leisure. Too expensive for the quality which was very poor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This Best Western was reminiscent of the road side motels of the 60s and 70s and with that, had a certain charm. It had a small office, outdoor pool, tiled bathrooms and drive up rooms. We did not notice restaurants in the immediate area, although there were some listed within driving distance on the Best Western website.

Our room was generally clean and spacious, and similar to other reviews, the bed very comfortable.

What this hotel is lacking is an attention to details.

The alarm clock in our room went off at 5 am, which was very annoying considering we had not set it and had trouble turning it off. The dresser had not been dusted, and the tub and tile could've used a cleaning. Water pressure in the shower was limited and temperature inconsistent.

Upon checking in, we were told there would be a hot breakfast, and it looked like there may have been, but at 7:30 when we arrived the 3 heated servers were empty. It's possible that someone was in the process of replenishing them (nobody was at the front desk) but we didn't wait as there were no available tables (3 total in the room). The tables were small, and not really suitable should a family of 4 sit down for breakfast.

The bottom line is this is a Best Western property, and with that comes a standard that for the most part, this hotel lives up to. But it seems to lack a commitment to details to elevating this property to above being "just OK".

If you are traveling as a couple and are just looking for a comfortable place to sleep, this may meet your needs. But if you're looking for accommodations for a family and/or expect a little more quality in your hotel, you may want to go further up the road.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am happy you find our beds so comforting. However, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the alarm clock going off without you setting it. Attention to detail will be something we will be working harder on.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Made my reservation a year in advance for the weekend of show we attend every year. I called every 2 months to verify and upon check in they mixed up our rooms. The staff couldnt figure out how to fix it (it should have been an easy fix) and the manager was nowhere to be found and I was told would not be in until 3pm the next day! Needless to say it was an extreme hassle to get it fixed. The next morning I needed to send a fax and after 30 minutes they finally figured out how to send it. Recipient called me and said that the pages came through on top of each other and couldnt be read. Fail on the staffs part. All was then well until check out. The manager Rachell "Shelly" Mazur was EXTREMELY rude to me. I wanted to make my reservation for next year and was told that they dont have the rooms and that if I did want to make it we would have to switch rooms every night. This is after she reserved a room for the same weekend for the person in front of me and the person behind me (who I know) with no hassle at all. I was a little confused as that makes no sense on their part- why have to clean each room every day and make us swith? After I asked that, "Shelly" proceeded to yell at me saying that I called her incompetent. I told her this was no way to treat customers and she said that yes it was. I work in customer service and cannot believe that a manager of a business would treat customers this way. I will be in touch with Best Western International and will never spend my hard earned money at this establishment again. If you want to feel valued as a customer, go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank hmacd2
Rachell M, Manager at Days Inn Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to personally apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with the customer service you deserve.
Shelly