“Decent Enough ... but”

Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly
Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waverly
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here while doing some job training in the area. Was led to believe that they served a "hot" breakfast but nope - standard cold, carb laden fare. Thank goodness a McDonald's was up the street a few miles. My room was okay, had a little trouble managing the temperature with the window HVAC - probably more operator error though. Had a couple of colleagues who were really perturbed with their room because of the large gap between the door and door frame. Kind of noisy too. Heard doors opening and closing through the night and folks walking in the hall above me.

Staff was friendly enough, didn't try pool or hot tub. I would rate this place as a step above a Motel 6. I would probably try the Comfort Inn up the road first but in a pinch would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid a room close to the elevator and staying on the 3rd floor may reduce noise from doors closing...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank botunkus
There are newer reviews for Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We were going to book approximately 22 rooms for 4 months. Because we were gettng a slow start on our contract no fault of ours we had to delay the start time a couple of weeks. The motel manager became upset . So we told each employ to book their own room. This is not working either. There seems to be a problem with availably because it is hunting season in December. I wander how many rooms will be filled in Jan., Feb., and March. Also, there was a problem with a door locking on one of thre rooms. After 2 days it still was not fixed. When the manager was made aware he suguested they go to the Comfort Inn. They are now moving to the Comfort Inn. There was a problem with the plumbing in two of the rooms. This has not been fixed. Also, one credit card was over charged by about 2 thousand dollars. Needless to say we are suggestng for our employs to stay elsewhere,

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank QualityLover
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This hotel staff held our credit card deposit for several days until we threatened to sue them. Call it what you like, at best, fraudulent business practices, more appropriately, I call it outright Fraud. The General Manager even admitted that the hotel owner forces this "rule" which he hates. We will never stay at Ameristay Hotel Inn in Waverly, Ohio again. As you can see from postings below, we aren't the only travelers who have had problems with Ameristay and credit card issues. We found the Owner is very difficult to find and settle problems. Having said that, this hotel barely meets a 2-star rating and is very overpriced for what you get. Not a good choice, guest beware...never again for Ameristay! I wonder, how many folks have also been RIPPED OFF for so-called "deposits", who never posted complaints on TA?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank crisxcross
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Made reservation and needed to cancel the next day. Desk clerk charged my credit card the full $109 stating that I attempted to cancel within less than 24 hours prior to check in. I ended up having to pay for a room I never stayed in!!! When trying to explain...desk clerk said he was "tired of talking to me " and hung up. WHAT A SCAM!! Sleezzy way of trying to gauge customers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed at the Waverly Ameristay for over a week in early June 2012 for a business trip. The staff was wonderfully friendly and my 2 double bedroom was typical and comfortable enough. It had a small refrigerator but no microwave. I'd give the room cleanliness a B+ and bump it down to a B for the smokey smell on the top floor. I pulled an odd schedule during my stay so my room was infrequently cleaned, even if I put out the sign requesting my room cleaned. They did clean it when I asked the front desk.

The free breakfast was ok, but avoid the rock hard english muffins. I was fine with coffee, cereal and fruit. If you want something better for breakfast you can go across the street to McD. There is also a Walmart just down the street which is convenient. For dinner, walk across the parking lot to Dakota's steakhouse.

The indoor pool looked nice, and the hotel has a deal with the local YMCA too. The elevator is super slow so I took the staircase instead.

I stayed here because coworkers had chosen this hotel/town. Personally, I would try another place if I'm in the area again, but I'd be ok with staying here again mostly because the front desk was friendly and responsive with requests.

Room Tip: The top floor has a smokey smell, avoid if this bothers you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank starflyer
Reviewed 21 June 2012

8th hotel we stayed at on a 2 week road trip with 2 teenagers. Friendly staff were very helpful. Clean room, good bed. Coffee available all the time. Nice indoor pool for the kids with towels available at the front desk. Nice hot tub as well. We ended up in room 103--a handicapped room that also serves as a higher end room with a whirlpool in room. Would try to get that room again if it were not in use. Usual cold cereal and bagels for breakfast, but 3 microwaves available for me to cook my steel-ground oatmeal that I always carry with me. Coffee and tea available 24 hours. Nearby Kroger grocery had great selection of fruit for the healthy snack cooler that we always carry. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here one night and, thankfully, didn't have to stay any more than that. Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was small but didn't stink and looked clean. The mattresses were nearly unbearable! Lumpy and hard...enough to put your hip to sleep if you're a side sleeper. The wireless internet was free and fast enough for us. Kind of a noisy place. Doors slamming and road noise. The free breakfast was weak at best. A few muffins, a couple of plain bagels, cold cereal. Bob Evans, McDonalds, etc. are close, though. Dakota's Roadhouse is right next door but there are other places close by to drive to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OhioMustang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
Comfort Inn
#8 of 8 in Chillicothe
Quality Inn Chillicothe
Quality Inn Chillicothe
#6 of 8 in Chillicothe

Been to Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly? Share your experiences!