“a joke”

Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly
Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waverly
Reviewed 1 December 2010

this place is a joke. i had dirty sheets and pool and hot tub too cold, we called and made sure it was working . Oh yes it is working . They lied it never did. the screws are coming out of walls. the toiet was rigged with paperclips, The curtains never closed. It is a MESS. the carpet needs cleaned.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank basketladyohio

Reviewed 15 October 2010

We decided to stay at this hotel again. We had a pleasant experience the first time and this time around was just as nice. The Front Desk personnel were exceptionaly helpful and nice. The room was large with a tub and whirlpool. A steakhouse literally across the street. Complimentary breakfast. What more do you need? Whatever reason you would be traveling in that area of Ohio, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Ameristay in Waverly, Ohio on June 12th and 13th for a trip to her class reunion at Waverly HS. We had stayed there five years ago when it was an AmeriHOST (why the change?) and felt that it had aged OK without falling apart. In 1999 it was brand new and everything was new. It seems to be kept well and our room was clean and comfortable both days just fine. There is nothing flashy here as it is just a good 2 or 3 diamond motel. The office staff was helpful and friendly. The room had the usual TV with expanded cable and a desk. The wifi booted right up and ran perfectly with a strong connection all weekend on my laptop. The room had plenty of lights. The AC worked well as it did not smell musty and cycled on and off appropriately. It did not blast us with cold air as many of this type elsewhere often does. There was plenty of parking and it was secure. The breakfast was fine and there was a 5-hour weekend window of time in which to get food, and this is appreciated as we were out late both nights. It appeared to have coffee all the time as I got some at odd times of the day and the machine always dispensed hot coffee on command. There is a pool that seemed to be used by kids and probably is great (no swim suit for me!). It is next door to Dakota's Roadhouse, a chain in South/Central Ohio which is very good (and busy when open). The menu is varied and they serve peanuts in the shell in buckets and this place resembles a Texas Roadhouse.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sliphorn
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I stayed here for a week and was satisfied with the exception of the following: 1) Young kids took over the pool and jacuzzi area every night. It was apparent that the young kids belonged to the employees as they ( the kids) had full reign over the lobby and office area. 2) I was on the third floor and I found out that smoking was allowed on the other half of the floor. This posed a little problem for me but I lived with it.
If I visit the area again, I will not stay there.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RickinCA

Been to Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly? Share your experiences!