“Newer Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Overall positive stay during the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel was very clean and modern. The breakfast was excellent and one of the best “included” meals I’ve experienced. The workout room had both cardio machines, free weights and a universal machine. The pool was nice and big and we had it all to ourselves. The only negative is the small size of the room and especially the bathroom. This is the smallest room I’ve encountered for hotels in the extended stay segment. The bathroom door, when closing, cleared the toilet by less than an inch. For a family, the room felt cramped. The room was furnished very nicely and was clean. There are several restaurants in the area, which are a short drive away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed just one night but wish it was longer. Excellent hotel. Great customer service from every staff member we encountered from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. Very clean. Nice pool area. Best free hotel breakfast we've had in a long time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! We had another couple with us to the annual Jungle Jim's Wine Festival. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room with kitchen and living room. Very comfy and roomy! Enjoyed our stay! It is also close to the IKEA store, which we did visit!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This review is a comparision of this Residence Inn to the many others I have stayed in. I usually LOVE Residence Inn's and they are always my first choice when traveling. I was so diappointed in this hotel!!
1. When I made the reservations I asked for the AAA rate. When I arrived I was told they did not honor AAA rates during the week.
2. Our room was the SMALLEST Residence Inn suite I have ever been in. The sitting room can not comfortably seat more than 2 people. Bathroom was TINY. Thank goodness there were only 2 of us.
3. The mattress was very thin and uncomfortable. I finally took a sleeping aid and still didn't get a good nights sleep on either of the 2 nights we were there. I have never had this problem at any other Marriott's property before.
4. No natural sunlight was able to get into our room even though the days were clear and sunny. Our sitting room area window faced a wall about 3 - 4 feet away from the window. The bedroom window was set in an alcove with an overhang so no light came in. Avoid room 306 if you want sunlight.
5. There were lots of options at the breakfast buffet which was nice, however the eggs were rubbery and the smell of the other hot items were unpleasant, so we didn't try them. The 2nd day we went out for breakfast.. The waffles and cold breakfast look just fine and would have been a good option.
6.. I agree with the reviews that the the staff is friendly and really work hard to be helpful. But it took over 30 minutes to get a luggage rack for the room. They had to go to another nearby Marriott to get ones because we were told they don't keep them on premise. And the manager was nice, but unaware that there were rooms in the hotel that didn't get sun light.

This is a fairly new property. If this reflects how Marriott's intends to build all future Residence Inn's, I'll be looking for a new "favorite" all suites hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has some natural sun light.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cathieski
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked 1 Double King Suite for myself and three friends for just one night and 2 days of shopping. The suite was the perfect set up with 2 separate bathrooms, bedrooms and large common room in between with comfy furniture, dining area and well appointed kitchen including wine glasses! It was the perfect place for our girls weekend getaway with Stone Creek Dining Co, bar and restaurant, within walking distance. Premium Outlet Mall is just a short drive to the north and the IKEA store as well as Frontgate Outlet are just right around the corner. We plan to return next year.

Room Tip: From what I could tell there are no good views. We were on the 4th floor and never had to wait long...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was a great place to come back to after 11 hour days at a course in Cincinnati. Comfortable, clean and great breakfasts and evening meals. And some lovely neighbourhoods nearby with a real rural feel - great for running/jogging. Awesome fully equipped kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors have quite nice views. Mine at end of the corridor was real nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I moved there after staying a week in Comfort Inn and due to change in Business plan, I had to do an early checkout. Since I had booked via 3rd party and I had prepaid the entire money so to ge the money back I had to make atleast 10 calls to third party (Hotels.com) and multiple calls to Hotel. Their manager was not available all the time and the folks on the front desk were not able to help me with that.
I believe this could have been better handled. But good news is I got my money back.
As far as the hotel was concerned, it was a nice hotel with very good breakfast. Enjoyed my stay there and will be again going to hotel on 8th Sep for 2 weeks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business