“So what makes non vine ripened tomatoes turn red?”

The Learning Kitchen
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Just one of a handful of nuggets that we got while taking the knife honing skills class this past week.

I was able to see and use knives that were actually sharpened appropriately and able to cut instead of saw.

The hands on approach with feedback is much better for me than trying to mimic YouTube or any of the cooking channels.

I'm going back next month to learn me some chicken pablano skills.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"school"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I took the hone your knife skills class. I have been cooking for over 35 years and I still learned new and interesting things about using a knife. I came home so excited , right away I had to show my husband how to rock a knife! The instructor did a wonderful job of sharing her skills with us in a friendly way. I will take another class!

1  Thank Mojomama1964
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I'm newly retired and am upgrading my cooking skills. I took the knife skills class at the Learning Kitchen last night. The cost was very reasonable $55 for 2 hours of training. As I cook more I am looking to upgrade the kitchen tools I use, starting with knives. This class provided two valuable opportunities: 1) I was able to try different chef knives (5 in all I think), and 2) I got training on using a chef's knife that will change my prep skills and time dramatically. I also learned how to "treat" a knife properly - a lot of bad habits to change. They offer, from their small boutique, the opportunity to purchase what you used in the class for a reasonable price with a 20% class night discount as well. I'll be back for more classes starting with their Five Master Skills class.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The great thing about The Learning Kitchen is that they offer hands-on cooking classes. For a friend's birthday, we requested and designed our own class. It is a rare opportunity to get that kind of hands on experience in a cooking class.

Jennifer was our instructor. She is knowledgeable and fun! We are definitely looking forward to our next class.

1  Thank Ann R