“Never Disappointed (or excited) at a Marriott”

Cincinnati Marriott North
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I bought this hotel stay at a fund raiser for the March of Dimes. Knowing that Marriott Cincinnati North donated to such worthy and important charity impressed me before I even set foot in the hotel!
My family and I came to Cincinnati for a brief getaway over spring break. We spent time in the city at museums and attractions, and enjoyed shopping and dining near the hotel. The hotel is extremely clean and well appointed. The staff is helpful and friendly. I asked if a refrigerator was available, and one was promptly delivered to our room. We were given excellent directions by the staff at the front desk. I can't comment on the food because we ate outside the hotel.
The pool and gym are impressive. The gym is bigger than many hotel fitness rooms, and the pool is a nice shape for lap swimming. Both were very clean.
An interesting touch - the woman who checked us in also walked us to the elevator, pointing out the gym, pool, and restaurant.
The lobby is attractive, but it looks remarkably like other Marriotts. Our room felt a little small, but it was big enough for our party of 3. The beds and bedding are fabulous! Our room was very quiet, and I slept very well.
We felt comfortable and welcome at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here in February 2012 for five nights while on business locally.

Amenities & staff: Great hotel, nice clean public areas and very friendly, helpful & welcoming staff. Room was large, well-furnished and clean, with a king-sized bed. WiFi connection was fast and reliable.

Location: The hotel is ideally located next to the I-75 but the noise from this is not apparent in the rooms.

Food: Breakfast was fine, varied and ample. The only disappointing aspect was a meal taken in the bar area - I chose a 'signature dish' from the menu and was disappointed to be presented with an overcooked piece of salmon fillet, a large handful of rocket and half a dozen cherry tomatoes (all for $24). For the rest of the week, I ate out - there are plenty of other restaurants close to the hotel, most of which were better and cheaper.

Generally, a fine hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

From check-in through check-out the experience was totally satisfying. Staff went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. Beautiful hotel in a great location at a competitive price was my first impression. This hotel will be our home away from home whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Marriott has been impressive as a change from my usual Hilton. I was greeted at the door, taken through check-in, and walked back to the elevator by a single person. It reminded me of a Four Seasons stay. On the way I mentioned I wanted to get some coffee and that was offered. I was also advised of the evening specials at the restaurant which caused me to eat there. I spoke to a couple staff members and they were refreshing and delightful. I had a nice corner room but it had a sort of gross view of the garbage in the back. Fortunately I wasn't there for the view. The staff particularly made this a noticeable different hotel stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is a first class operation. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. I stay here everytime I visit Cincinnati. There is no reason go try anyplace else!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

One night business stay. Excellent friendly staff. Very clean and well layed out room. Internet access was easy with good performance. Breakfast staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive to our group. Overall hotel was very clean. Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I've stayed here several times now and the service is always consistently good. The staff are very helpful and always cheerful. They usually go the extra mile to ensure you are happy with your stay.

The hotel decor is a little bit dated but the place is still clean though. The Marriott Courtyard across the road is a lot more modern but when I stayed there once I couldn't get the air conditioning to switch off (it kept coming on for 30 seconds every 2 hours!!) so I stay here now. If that had been fixed then I would stay in the courtyard though.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the elevators as other guests can be quite noisy and heard through the doors.