“Feels like home...”

Cincinnati Marriott North
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Every year I look forward to the author/reader event (#RAGT) I arrived and was very lucky to get early check-in. I got the fridge I asked for as well. The hotel is comfy and convenient and I have never had an issue. My key de-activated and I was immediately helped. The staff is professional and helpful. Love staying here. Can't wait until next year..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly R

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have come to consider this to be my own personal Marriott hotel! We have held an annual conference here for the past ten years, and I, personally, refuse to ever hold it elsewhere. The staff is exceptional; to the last person they smile and make eye contact whenever we meet them and they are constantly seeking ways to be helpful and add to our experience. Susanna at the front desk actually called me by name every time she saw me. I have lost count of the number of stories our 500 attendees have told me about how a Marriott staff member had gone above and beyond to help them, whether it be through accommodating dietary needs, tracking down some needed medication, or even the time that several staff members chipped in to purchase a Cincinnati Reds long-sleeved shirt for one of our older attendees, who needed something warmer to sleep in at night!

Working with our event team is always a joy. Our Red Coat Team of Deb and Nancy anticipated everything we needed, and proved to be amazingly flexible when we had to re-work something at the last minute. The army of staff workers (including the super-efficient Kylen) would swoop in like locusts every time we had to re-configure the room, leaving it sparkling and ready for whatever next session we had planned. The food provided by the chef (I believe it was Charles?) was uniformly good, and always hot and ready right on schedule. (Try the granola at the River Grille! Yum!)

As for the rooms, there is no better hotel bed than a Marriott bed. The mattresses are comfortable without being too soft, the duvets are fluffy and cozy, and the amenities are exactly what you hope to have without having to pack it all. The sound-proofing also seems to be effective. We've stayed there at the same time entire Little League teams have come through, and never really been disturbed in our rooms.

In short, my experience with this Marriott is the reason that I seek out other Marriotts when I'm traveling to places other than West Chester, OH. Highly recommended for both business events and personal travel!

3  Thank betho841
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is comfortable, the rooms nice, but it is the staff that makes this hotel remarkable. Every time I asked a question or needed assistance, the staff was there to answer with a smile and all the help I needed. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my first large event I organized and I have to say the sales team at the Marriott were supreme. I will be working with them again next year and can't wait to work with Tamara and her team again. Her patience with me and my fellow team was amazing. She explained everything and made it so simple for us.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the top floor to the bottom floor all their rooms are excellent.
1  Thank Trinityblacio
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Although service was great, especially at the club lounge, the condition of the building left much to be desired. The decor of the rooms is clearly dated, especially the bathrooms. The lobby area is also very unimpressive, it looks like it was stuck in the 80s. This building needs to be remodeled top to bottom.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank eg450
Jennifer P, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for our feedback. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy the hotels overall look. We recently put all new art work and carpet in all rooms and renovated the lobby two years ago to fit Marriott's new greatroom concept. We are planning bathroom renovations for the near future to be completed by the end of 2015.

Again thank you for your feedback and loyalty to Marriott. I hope that you will continue to stay with us because of our excellent service.

Regards,
Jennifer Porter

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Even though my coffee pot shorted out & the iron didn't work, this was a lovely comfortable and delicious place to stay for one night. I love good sheets and pillows and this was lovely. I would return again. The black out shades were perfect for sleeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a view. My room overlooked the parking lot.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friends and I checked in this past weekend for a wedding--the front desk staff were incredibly helpful and nice, helping with wedding information and directions. The hotel itself was gorgeous...and the room was big and perfect for our needs. It even had a fridge, which was wonderful.
The Starbucks downstairs was a nice perk too! When we went down there, the Starbucks worker had just taken her break apparently, but the front desk clerk immediately came over and helped with our orders. Again, super friendly and helpful!

The only thing I did not appreciate was that we got 2 noise complaints: the first one was probably called for as we were talking fairly loud and there were quite a few people in the room. But we got a call probably an hour later that we had received another complaint--however we had gone to bed almost immediately after the first knock on our door! It woke us up, and they were somewhat rude on the phone. I understand that they had due cause to suspect us because of the first complaint, but we were all asleep the second time.

But all in all, the staff were helpful and friendly, while the hotel itself was beyond gorgeous, clean, and spacious! Parking was also great.

Room Tip: Ikea is super close by, maybe a quarter mile if that.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Cincinnati Marriott North? Share your experiences!