“Cheap, clean and friendly....”

Economy Inn West Chester
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Chesterfield, MIchigan
“Cheap, clean and friendly....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I was skeptical, but this is my husband's choice, and his favorite type of motel, so I went along quietly. It turned out to be a SUPER clean room, carpet looked new and everything is just spotless. I couldn't ask for more cleanliness than this. I see not one thing wrong with this room at all. It's right off of I-75, and it seems to be filled with fellow travelers. I'm not sure why people think they are going to get stabbed as one review said, or when they were here when it was a dump. It certainly is no dump. It's not the Residence Inn....of course it's not for the price. No coffee maker.....just an ice bucket, 4 clean, wrapped cups, soaps, towels, clean bed.....cable tv, free wifi and breakfast included. I have no complaints whatsoever. We stayed in a more expensive Best Western on our way down on this trip, and it was a vomithole. My husband woke up with a tick crawling on his chest. We weren't sure if it was a tick or a bedbug, but it turned out to be a tick. That really made me angry when we spent almost $90 for the room, and that was with a AAA discount. This place is cleaner.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank June Z

Business
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

With a $60 nightly rate, we had low expectations for this property. Expectations were met!

Here are the positives:
Friendly staff, clean room, great water pressure in the shower and plenty of hot water. Did I mention it was only $60?

Negatives: Bed sheets a bit worn (for that matter, everything in the room was a bit worn), strange odor coming from the air conditioning unit (a combination of perfume and pine), lighting in the room a bit dim and the late night check-in area reminded me of a currency exchange with the bullet proof glass and metal drawer for sliding credit cards/paper work back and forth.

Speaking of bullet proof glass, my son commented that the room reminded him of the motel scene from the movie "No Country for Old Men". Some of the characters in the movie didn't fare so well. We did fine.

Would I stay there again? Probably not, but I've stayed at worse and it wasn't a bad value at all. If you're not particular, only need a place to lay your head for a night and have a limited budget (or are cheap on occasion, like me), this place is fine.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank kitzbuhelkid
Lake Station, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Right off the highway, this small motel was a nice find. Spacious rooms, awesome water pressure in the shower, good area(restaurants/shops in short distance.) The beds were a little on the hard side, but for a tired traveler it wasn't bad. Floors were a little dingy too, but we didn't pay for the Hilton so I won't complain. The only bad side, during check-in I asked about local places to eat, the lady behind the counter recommended BW3. Dear hotel workers of the world, support your local economy! We want to hear about good local food, not what we can eat at home.

p.s. if you stay here, there is a bar down the street called Cavanaughs(sp?) during our trip they had $5 you-build burgers. Pretty good local spot!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank amac524
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

We just stayed at the hotel and it was not a bad stay. The air conditioning worked a little too well, but perfect for my husband. It is about 10 minutes from Kings Island. It is 2 blocks from great stores and eats. The room smelled like it was full of roses, but it faded after a while. I only seen 1 spider. It was pretty clean. The pool was clean and the person at the desk said he would keep it open longer if weather permitted. The only real problem was that a storm went through and the cable went out for about an hour. I felt very safe and comfortable there.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank noahjacob
west chester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2008

I Just checked out of this hotel and it was a horrible experience!
when i checked in last friday i asked the clerk if there were weekly rates, he told me there were no weekly rates so i asked if he could give me a price break, he said he could give it to me for 50.00 a night instead of the 54.99 a night it would of been for friday saturday and sunday. if i wanted a microwave and refig. id have to pay an extra 5.00 a day for that!

I stay here all week with a gross damp room with a horrible musty smell that my clothing and personal items now reak of ( i wont even get into how bad the room was) and im looking at the back of my door and the door states a weekly rate of 275.00.

I go to the front desk asking why the guy told me there were no weekly rates when its clearly posted on the back of the room door. they try to tell me that the room i stayed in isnt available for weekly rates, they dont offer weekly rates w/o the customer asking for them. I said i did ask for the weekly rates and he told me they werent available. then they said you only stayed 6 nights so your not eligible, i said id stay an extra night or would of if he would of told me. once agian all about communication. its not my fault that he put me in a room that isnt available for "weekly rates" when i was asking for one and he never informed there was a difference, that is their fault. ( it was the last one with a fridge thats why he put me in that room.)

Long story short i payed over 100.00 EXTRA (375.00 for my 6 day stay) for a hell hole of a hotel room with a horrible experience and ill be probably sick from it being so dirty and old!!!!!!! and o yeah its all my fault....according to them!

• Liked — location is convenient
  • Disliked — the whole experience!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ohiolady23

Travellers are raving about these West Chester hotels

Sunman, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

I have a Choice Privileges VISA card, which gets me points that can be used for stays at Choice Hotels. I booked a room at an Econo Lodge when I had to travel to the West Chester area for a wedding that started early in the morning. I figured that anything close would do, and booked a "Free" night using my points. My wife and I, as well as a friend of ours, shared a room - so 2 double beds.

We arrived at the hotel to find its exterior dingy and run-down, looking very "Bates Motel"ish. As we pulled in to the lot, I joked with my wife and our friend that we'd be lucky to survive the night. How right I was...

Immediately upon checking in, I was dismayed to find that the lobby was closed - it was about 10pm. There was a small, shady-looking "Night Check-In" area to the side of the building, which I entered with apprehension. There I found a small rack of pamphlets about local attractions and a bulletproof glass window with a small slot to conduct business through. I should have turned and run immediately, but was tired and just wanted to get checked in and go to sleep.

I was greeted by the clerk, pleasantly enough. However, he wanted payment information. I asked what he needed it for, as I understood that I was using my points for a free night. He wanted to charge me $17.00 and I was required to ask him to contact the Choice Privileges program to resolve the problem. He called, while I waited, and got things straightened out - eventually giving me the keys.

We entered the room to find a dirty, run-down dump. The bathroom floor was peeling up, and had what appeared to clearly be BLOOD stains near the tub. WTF? One of the beds had some disgusting organic matter clinging to it as well - either blood or feces. Horrifying.

To make matters worse, the room was so cold that we could barely sleep. The heater didn't work, and we were forced to huddle close together to make it through the night.

Overall, it was an awful experience. I contacted the hotel manager and the Choice Privileges program about the horrifying conditions at this hotel, and got a nice letter from the hotel manager a few days later. It took several followup phone calls to Choice Privileges to get my points refunded, and they were pretty surly about giving them back.

Though I've had generally positive experiences with Choice Hotels elsewhere, the way they treated my concerns about this stay was horrid. Stay away from this Econo Lodge at all costs, and deal with Choice Hotels at your peril.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filth and freezing cold.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank trav3loh
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Liberty Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnat...
#2 of 2 in Liberty Township
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty Center
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty C...
#1 of 2 in Liberty Township
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati Union Centre
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati / West Chester
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#4 of 15 in West Chester

Been to Economy Inn West Chester? Share your experiences!