“Thanks for honesty!”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
South Dakota
“Thanks for honesty!”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed two nights on a holiday weekend; the hotel seemed well booked. Plenty of good restaurants nearby, plus as movie theatre - as well as Skyline, Wendy's, etc.

We used priority points for a clean, well-equipped, and quiet room. Kitchenette offered fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot, etc. Good range of cable channels. Two large windows let in light, and darkening blinds took care of early morning sun. Pillows were just right and we slept well. Shower was more than adequate, with separate sink area. Hair dryer became stuck in "on" position; we just unplugged it and notified the front desk upon departure. Nice-sized closet with hangers and shelving, and a laundry basket. Internet was truly high-speed and required no effort to be online within seconds.

Serve-yourself breakfast was good (eggs, really tasty sausage, fruit, breads, muffins, cereal, etc.) and the staff at breakfast were actually smiling and talkative. Staff at the front desk were also courteous and greeted us each time we came or went.

We noticed a distinct odor of cigarettes on our floor's hallway on the first night (but absolutely no smell at all in the room); it was gone from the hall the next morning.

We'd also like to commend the staff for their honesty. I accidentally left my curling iron, a box of jewelry, and a few other small items behind in the room, and didn't notice until we arrived home. When we called, the desk clerk said they had already been turned in by housekeeping. She mailed them to us promptly, for which we are grateful. We've been in other hotels (and heard stories from friends) where honesty is not the policy; we are very pleased to report that this Staybridge was on-game with both honesty and service. An unexpected 5 stars in its class. We'll stay again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goseedo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Jorsey
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I chose this hotel for a trip West Chester for five days the 1st week of August 2010. The reason I chose it was that they had two bedroom suites, with two bathrooms for a great price, so my kids had there own room! We had a courtyard view on the fourth floor. The government rate made it a great deal! I have stayed at Staybridges before in NC and VA, and this one was even better! The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and we all enjoyed the hot tub. The pool area was very clean as was the entire hotel. Breakfast was also included in our rate,The cook brought out special items for breakfast and was pleasant. The breakfast area was crowded each morning, but fortunately, we did have a table for our family each day of our stay. I have to say again how hard working and pleasant the hotel staff members were.The staff always ran off directions to various restaurants and suggested some wonderful spots. It was a perfect place for us to stay. Oh, and did I forget to mention that the flat screens (we had three) had HD, so the picture was oh so clear. Many hotels have new tvs but do not get HD quality signals put in. This one did. They have a great business area with computers and printer and a movie showing area with recent dvd's available (It's Complicated)
Wonderful hotel and friendly staff make this a place you may enjoy. Even though it is close to an airport, we never heard or saw a plane. Our day excursions were less 30 min. and easy to find . five wonderful days! I hope to return .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed at the Staybridge with a travel baseball team in June. It was absolutely perfect. Great location - close to highway, restaurants and great retail. The staff here are the best as well. Very pleasant!

We had a 1 bedroom suite - a seperate bedroom with plasma tv, bathroom and 2 queen beds, then another room with a nice sized kitchen, huge desk, living room with pull out couch and another plasma tv. The room was spotless and just perfect for me and my 16 year old son to have our own "space".

The pool here is awesome. There is a spacious courtyard with grills for hanging out. The breakfast and happy hour served were well presented and quite good. Everything here seems brand new! The laundry and work out room were smartly connected. Laundry is free - one of the dads in our group joked that he spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the coins into the washers!

I wish this hotel was an option for all of our travels this summer. It was a delight to stay in such a well run establishment.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank siestaclaud
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My family of five (2 adults and 3 teenagers) checked into a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite for a five night stay. The suite offered 3 beds (4, if you count the sofa bed). The suite also offered 3 three flat screened TVs and a kitchen with a cook top (no oven) stove, an apartment sized refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven. The hotel only offers limited room cleaning service if your stay is less than 7 days which consist of daily trash removal, supplying fresh towels and bed making. This was fine for us because we like as little disruption as possible during our hotel stays. Of the hotel's amenities, we only utilized the breakfast on two days of our stay and it was sufficient. I would be remiss if I did not mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel's staff. My family and I purchased groceries at the beginning of our stay including several pints of ice cream. However, after 24 hours we noticed that the refrigerator was not working properly. We reported this to the front desk and the staff was very apologetic and got right on a fix. The staff even moved all our refrigerated items to a refrigerator in a room across the hall and gave us access to that room while the repair was ongoing. Mind you, this mattered was corrected within 24 hours. Again, the staff apologized profusely and even replaced our ice cream from their mart. In regards to the area, there are several restaurants and shopping nearby. There were also plenty of attractions and entertainment within driving distance. We highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NKTB
Ogunquit, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I checked into this hotel a few days ago. I am still here staying for three weeks on business. I must say, this hotel is excellent. Ashley at the front desk is the most friendly person I have seen in a hotel in a long time. She is very accommodating and knows a lot about the area. No wonder they have a trophy case full of awards in the lobby. Betty and Mila who tend to breakfast are great as well. Like many people, I am on a diet and there are healthy options for me on the free buffet. I can get hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese and turkey sausage. I also like having a kitchen so I can cook for myself. The mattresses are very comfortable. I would recommend to stay here if you need a hotel for a week or more. The Staybridge Suites staff really know how to make you feel at home. Great job!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank grasshopper9622
Huntington, WV
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Our family has stayed at the West Chester Stay Bridge more times than I can count. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly, and you can't beat the sun downer specials and the hot breakfast bar. It is a 10 minute drive to Kings Island and there are a plethora of shopping malls, restaurants, and entertainment options within a short drive.

Great choice if you are traveling with younger children.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This was a nice hotel with huge rooms. Check in was a breeze. Bathroom wasn't as clean as it could have been. There was a huge stain on wall and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite a while. Room noise was pronounced. Could hear guests below and above running in their rooms late at night and could hear them talking and baby crying even though we were next to a mechanical room. Breakfast the next morning was great even though we had to eat in the room because the breakfast area is small. Lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family