“Comfortable Room”

Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here with a friend mid-November. The hotel was quiet at this time. The staff was friendly and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms were so dry I woke up to a very dry and sore nose. Could not breathe. I did not make this reservation so I was surprised to find out there wasn't a continental breakfast of any kind. There was only one breakfast restaurant close by that we could find and only a few choices for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre

Reviewed 21 November 2011

When the peaceful open fields of one's girlhood have been paved over with streets, hotels, strip after strip of shops and offices, big box stores and fast food restaurants, I think one can be forgiven for harboring a real prejudice against any of the invading entities. Nevertheless, the only problem I had at this hotel was a noisy and uncontrollable air conditioning/heating unit---but this is such a common problem in hotel chains of this rank and lower (and sometimes even in deluxe properties, I have found) I wonder if it is reasonable to continue to include it in my ratings. For now, I will deduct for it, because it did disturb my sleep and because I am terribly prejudiced against the sort of massive commercial development of rural land near interstates of which this hotel is a part. They do have the excellent Marriott beds.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was at this hotel for two nights for my son's wedding at the beginning of October. The hotel was full but there was plenty of space in the public areas for all. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We had many rooms and all were clean and comfortable. Everything we needed was either within walking distance or an easy drive. The hair/nail salon across the street was quite good as was Jag's steakhouse. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms seemed to be pretty much all the same. This is not a very congested area, so not a lot of...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 days during Family Weekend at Miami University. Room was very clean and staff was friendly. Check in was a little slow due to only one person working the desk but she went out of her way to be friendly and apologized for the delay. She even offered refreshments from the Marketplace for our inconvenience.
I would definitely stay here again if visiting Miami and was unable to get anything closer to campus.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel on October 10, only to find a bed bug crawling across the nighstand towards me at 3:34am. I killed the bug and called the front desk. They moved me to another room, I asked if they could confirm that it was a bed bug, so I could take precautions when I got home. I have done my research prior to traveling and this was definetly a bed bug, no mistake about it. When I checked out the maintance guy said that there was no reason to quarrentine the room and that there was already someone staying in the room. He said he sees them all the time outside. I asked if anyone there has ever been trained on how to handle this and did they not know to contact a pest control company to correclty identify the bug. He said he has sprayed for ants so he is qualified. I could not believe thier lack of knowledge or the lack of process by such a large chain. I did write to the Marriott in hopes that they are more proactive to correcting and preventing the spread of bed bugs. I do have the 101 instruction and followed everything to the T when I got home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz H
CYWCGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Bed Bugs have become a widespread problem in the United States.

There is no chemical to prevent them, only kill them after detection.

Our hotels housekeeping staff is trained to inspect each room for signs of bed bugs as they are cleaning each day. Additionally we have a trained team of employees who are dedicated to inspecting each hotel room once a week for any indication of bed bugs or any other insects.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Was here for 2 days on business and it was great. There's actually another Marriott (bigger one) right down on the main street but this one is a smaller one which I find more cozy and less noisy. Clean sheets, and bright rooms. They also have a small business center with 2 computers and printers which you can use. A small fitness center and an indoor pool. I had complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc...) at the lobby which was quite good. On one day, I missed breakfast by 10 mins but the staff was so nice they asked me what I wanted and cooked it for me! There's also a bar at the lobby and you get to meet other people. If you like, Jag's Steakhouse is right across the street.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I don't usually like Hotels but this place was an exception. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our families who all stayed here for a my Nephew's wedding. They were able to put us all on one floor which really helped when we all had to get ready for the rehersal and wedding ceremony. The rooms were clean and fully stocked with all the essentials plus the pool and mini gym came in really handy for my kids and grandkids. In the evening, we were allowed to visit and congregate in the lobby area and outside fire pit area. I can't think of one negative thing to say about our visit. I also liked the security cards that made us feel safe as well. The rooms were very affordable for all the amenities that we were afforded too.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family