“Awful service, food cold”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #29 of 197 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairfield, Ohio
“Awful service, food cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We had gone to this place a couple of times, and had good food and service. Then I don't know what happened the next few times. Cold food, poor service, took forever. Just awful

Visited April 2012

Waynesville, Ohio, United States
“Slow Kitchen and Food Not Worth the Price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Went to dinner there twice recently on weeknights. Kitchen was extremely slow to deliver food. Meals were much less tasty than similiarly priced food in the local area. Dining room was only partially full so it was not due to being busy. Long wait for checks after dinner. Even carryout took an hour to provide one sandwich which was terrible. The only thing they seemed eager to serve were alcoholic beverages. I won't bother to eat there again. Two hours for lousy meals that were overpriced and slow service is not my idea of enjoyable dining.

• Visited January 2013
New Richmond, Ohio
“Beechmont and Florence Locations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Mediocre at best. Limited Menu. Not the most attentive bartenders or servers. I've been a few times in the last 5 years to meet up with friends or after work and always have trouble finding something on the menu that appeals to me. My hubby loves that they have his Guinness on tap.

Visited May 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Shoe Leather”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Went for dinner as a party of 6 on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was maybe half full. I ordered the St Louis full rack of ribs. The ribs looked good on the plate, but were difficult to cut with a knife and my first bite was like eating beef jerky. Incredibly tough. By the time the manager showed, the rest of my party was more than half finished with their meals so there was no time to even try a replacement meal. Then the waitress brings me a bill and once more I get to chat with the manager. I'm not paying for a meal that shouldn't have been served and I sent back after the first bite.
So I went in for dinner and left nearly 2 hours later not having eaten. No way I will ever go back to a Smokey Bones anywhere. Horrible experience.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank TFarl
Cincinnati Ohio
“Tried it Twice won't go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I love BBQ but for some reason the BBQ here isn't real good. It seems very dry and not very tasty. The first time I just chalked it up to a bad batch and the people we were with just loved this place. So I gave it another chance and had the same reaction. The BBQ my wife makes is much much better than what this places serves. Unless forced to I won't be back, but others may find that they love this food.. it just wasn't for me.

Visited January 2012