“Good for the area, but not great”

Raven's Glenn Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Presque Isle, Maine
“Good for the area, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I've been to Raven's Glenn numerous times over the years for lunches, wine tastings and Christmas parties and it is definitely one of the better restaurants in the area. The food is okay, but kind of bland, especially for an Italian restaurant. The wine is good, but over-priced unless you like fruity wines. It has a nice location and good service though.

• Visited March 2013

“An unexpected surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I had never heard of this place until one of the people I work with suggested a lunch. It was more of an early dinner, but it was wonderful! We ate around 430 on a Tuesday, so our service was amazing. We tasted 2 types of wine before ordering, both were delicious. The gift shop on the way in was very cute too. The meals were a little pricey, but the portions were very large. We all brought home doggy bags. All I know, we will definitely be going back!

Frazeysburg, Ohio
“31st Anniversary lunch & wine tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We went to Raven's Glenn last year for our 30th anniversary and had a wonderful time so we decided to repeat this year.
We started with a wine tasting. I liked most everything I tried with the Reisling being my favorite. We of course took advantage of their 10% off when purchasing 6 bottles.
Then we were sitted for lunch. Last time we arrived just at the beginning of dinner, so our options were on the lighter side this time. Greg chose the spaghetti & meatballs and house salad with house merlot dressing. I chose the tomatoe & basil flatbread and a house salad with the merlot house dressing. We were given 2 loaves of bread and dipping olive tapenade which was delicious. The house dressing was the best. Our meals were so good. Last year we had soup also and remembered how good it was so we had a bowl brought for us to share. Italian Wedding soup wa the soup of the day. Sooo good!
We both took food home and eveything was so good. Hopefully we can go pack before another year passes and sit out on the deck by the river.

• Visited April 2013
“NEEDS TO BE EXPERIENCED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I visited Raven's Glenn Saturday evening for an early dinner. We were immediately greeted as we walked in the door. We had never been to Raven's Glenn and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad that we did. Since it was our first time there, we asked the hostess what we should do first.She was very nice, and explained the flights offered at the tasting room were only $2.00. This peaked our interest. She told us there were 3 flights to choose from, and we got to keep our wine glass. She went so far as to ask us what wine we liked to drink. Then, made recommendations for which flight we should taste. I really liked this place from the moment we walked in the door. We were told to enjoy our wine tasting, and we would be seated for dinner afterwards. A nice young lady, Jessica, helped us with the flights. She was very thorough in explaining the wines and which foods went the best with certain ones. I was very impressed. My favorite wine was the Vino Della Casa. My wife was partial to the Riesling and Autumn Interlude. We left with a case. Our hostess was very attentive. She asked about our tasting as we were being led to a wonderful table by the fireplace. Our server brought us more wine to the table to taste. She was very friendly. We were very happy with our experience at Raven's Glenn. We will be back. This place needs to be experienced.

“Great find in rural OH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Ravens Glenn Restaurant & Winery was a terrific find on our last trip to Ohio! The selection of wines from the winery is quite good and they are very reasonably priced. (We brought home several bottles for Christmas gifts :) We ate at the restaurant twice during our long weekend and both times the service & food were outstanding! If you are in this area of Ohio, make sure you give Ravens Glenn a try!