“Cute Tour, but the food not so much”

Raven's Glenn Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's Crown Jewel of Wineries Nestled in one of our carefully-tended vineyards, family owned and operated, 200+ domestic and international awards, Wedding & Conference Center, Ohio's premiere winery & dining destination
Columbus, Ohio, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Cute Tour, but the food not so much”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent a Saturday afternoon at the winery and took the tour. The tour was with the owner who is a charming gentleman who clearly loves his winery and loves sharing the joys of wine. He's definitely not a wine snob and it's refreshing to see that he doesn't take it all too seriously.

We were there for the Pacific Evening. It was an event that you could make reservations for, it had a 5 course meal with a wine pairing with each course - and entertainment.

The dinner was ok. The first course of Poke was excellent, but a bit too spicy. The soup was nice. The third course of garlic shrimp with lo mein was terrible - the shrimp were rubbery, tough and over cooked, and the lo mein tasted like it was just drenched in soy sauce - WAY too salty. The 4th course was tuna - it was ok, a little bland. The dessert was ok as well.

The entertainment was nice. They had someone from Hawaii performing hula dances and a gentleman who works full time locally and is clearly an enthusiast for Hawaiian culture MC-ing and performing in the show.

The star of the evening - as it should be - was the wine. Raven's Glenn makes nice wine and it's very enjoyable. I'm not a fan of dessert wine, so we only took a sip of the last one, but the Riesling is great - and I'm not usually a fan of riesling. The October White was so good we went in and bought a bottle after dinner.

It was a fun evening with friends, good wine, and a lot of laughs.

Visited July 2013

Canton,Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great wine and Excellent Food”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by going to the Raven's Glenn with some friends. I was able to try some great wines and enjoy some very good food in a beautiful setting. I had a wedge salad as a starter and a shrimp carbonara for the main. On top of that the staff was attentive and well educated on the food and wine. I was able to purchase some bottles of wine and look forward to my return to this winery.

Visited May 2013
Ashland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Food and Wine”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Wonderful restaurant and winery. Friendly people, excellent wines and a beautiful restaurant. During the summer you can sit outside and enjoy a bottle of wine along the Tuscarawas River. Sunday brunch is out of this world!!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Carl G
Zanesville, Ohio
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit and try some wines”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stopped here on our way to Amish Country a couple of weeks ago. I had seen on their web site that they were not serving lunch (it was a Tuesday) but my fiance' had never been there and I wanted him to see it. We ended up doing a tasting~4 different wines for $ 1.00 and the girl who worked there was very friendly and answered our many questions. She even let us walk into the restaurant (even though it was closed) so I could show him what it looked like. He wants to go back again in the spring so we can eat dinner and enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Bridgeport, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stopped at Raven's Glenn Winery over the Valentine's Day weekend. Didn't look that impressive from the outside. Looked well kept after and clean, but once you step inside, wow! Nice wind tasting bar, gift shop, and a HUGE restaurant with an amazing menu! We were very cheerfully greeted, had all of our touristy questions answered, and started browsing the well displayed wine selections. The hostess once again greeted us at the wine tasting bar, and after a few more question proceeded to provide us with a selection of what my wife and I thought were the most delicious wines we have ever tasted! We did a full flight of the semi-sweet, one after another, with our knowledgeable hostess explaining each and every one. She paitently told us the flavors, notes, and what each wine would pair well with. NEVER have we been treated so well, served such excellent wine, by someone so warm, personable, and on top of her game. Sadly we did not know of the restaurant, or we would have arrived at a better time. (we just had lunch at nearby Roscoe Village.) To the wonderfull staff and owners of Raven's Glenn, thank you very much for your hospitality, and superb service and wine selection! You have made a repeat customer of my wife and I ! We will return!

Visited February 2013